ONE WEEK LEFT-Organize January is Thickers!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

ONE WEEK LEFT-Organize January is Thickers!

Post by ncokely »

This can also include your chipboard letters!! Mine was the worst possible mess. I used to keep them in a bag and the more thickers I got the bigger the bag I tried to cram them in!! I even found things in this bag that were not thickers!!:? :?

So I went to Wal-Mart and bought a 2 inch notebook and a set of 25 page protectors. I still wanted my thickers portable, I like to take them with me when I go to crops.

Now I can see which thickers I have from the front and back of each protector and I have all the glitter ones in one section and all the foil ones in a section,etc.

So what do you do with yours? Post your storage ideas here for thickers and chipboard letters and I will do a random drawing from the names for a RAK from my stash on January 31st.
Last edited by ncokely on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Re: Organize January is Thickers!

Post by emarie803 »

I use something like this and sort mine by color:

It has a large pocket and a smaller pocket on either side. Smaller alphas can go in the smaller pocket without being squished by the thickers and other larger alphas (and it's 12x12 so it can hold a full sheet) Each is labled by color and stored in these (I think they take up about 3 of them):

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

wow, mine are in baggies in a container, which makes it hard to choose when needed!!! Love your idea of the notebook!!! May have to borrow that one! ImageNot a really good storage idea here. This is the before, will edit if I change the "mess" ImageThis is the after. I will get a notebook for the page type alpha's, but this is SO much easier! Thanks for the ideas!!!
Last edited by oceanbreezes423 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

This one was easy, because my thickers are already organized. This bin I found at Big Lots was perfect. I actually bought it because it was the perfect size for my Ikea shelves that the kids don't use anymore. Then I realized my thickers fit in there. I also put other alpha sticker sheets in there. The big square sticker sheets go into one of those floppy 12x12 Memory Keeper envelopes. The ones like the glittery chipboard alphas like KI makes, go in baggies in a drawer. Ha! Just realized that I haven't seen those in a while. Out of sight, out of mind. Probably why they haven't been on any of my layouts in a while.
aceason
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 723

Post by aceason »

I currently cram mine in a basket, guess that doesn't count as a way of organizing! I like the binder idea, you could even create a cute cover to coordinate with your scrappy room and label it!
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

That binder idea is awesome! I wish I had known about it back when I went to crops but now I scrap at home most of the time so here is my system. I bought this at Archivers and it is just a basic rod system. I have them separated by manufacturer and color. As you can see I need another this one is bowing in the middle!
ImageImage 

jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

This is what I store my thickers in. They are standing on their sides, so I can flip through them easily. They are sorted by color and within the the color they are sorted by type (foam, glitter, chipboard, etc)
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5459

Post by Retiree3 »

ncokely wrote:This can also include your chipboard letters!! Mine was the worst poosible mess. I used to keep them in a bag and the more thickers I got the bigger the bag I tried to cram them in!! I even found things in this bag that were not thickers!!:? :?

So I went to Wal-Mart and bought a 2 inch notebook and a set of 25 page protectors. I still wanted my thickers portable, I like to take them with me when I go to crops.

Now I can see which thickers I have from the front and back of each protector and I have all the glitter ones in one section and all the foil ones in a section,etc.

So what do you do with yours? Post your storage ideas here for thickers and chipboard letters and I will do a random drawing from the names for a RAK from my stash on January 31st.

This is a great idea.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

some wonderful ideas here - all my sticker letters are crammed in a plasic drawer - not organised in any means
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
pink_fins
Cherry Blossom

Post by pink_fins »

Love the binder idea..... I might just be able to use/see all the ones I have stuffed in a bin

gail
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

I love the binder idea...one for my wayward Thickers and perhaps another one or two for my chipboard letters. It would free up about 3 drawers for me. Thanks!

Right now mine are in the zip lock bags by color but if I am going to a crop, I have to take about 5 zip locks which gets bulky.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

Here is mine. But keep in mind that this photo was taken 2 years ago and my Thicker collection has increased. There is now a ruler stuck in the front keeping all the packages from flopping over because it is so full.

Image Image
Ronny
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

I like the binder idea! Especially since mine aren't all still in their packages.

I think I'll be stopping at the dollar store tonight and picking up some page protectors since I have several binders that should work!
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

I'm a big binder fan. I use them for all of the instruction booklets for the appliances and systems at the new house with the top loading page protectors. Looks like this will work for my alphas, too.

Lynda
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Oh, I like your ideas of putting them in a binder. I should do that to all my alphas since I only have a few thickers.
Bibi
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

I have all my thickers and mini alphas in this canvas 6 x 12 storage bin. I picked this up at our LSS when they were discontinuing it. It was part of the Maple Lane storage line I think. I also have one that is 12 x 12 which is full of Heidi Grace chipboard alphas and stickers sorted by each line. These storage bins fit perfectly in my IKEA shelving unit cubes. I can stack them two on top of each other . I love how these fit in my rolling totes or I can flatten them for travel and then pop back up for use at crops.

Image ImageImage
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

I just straightened my thickers today - here is how I keep them. On a shelf in this pink basket
Image then for chipboard letters I use these tackle boxes from Walmart Image

The sets like K&Co I try to keep in their original boxes.
kguercio
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 190

Post by kguercio »

Smiley-Scrap8 wrote:Here is mine. But keep in mind that this photo was taken 2 years ago and my Thicker collection has increased. There is now a ruler stuck in the front keeping all the packages from flopping over because it is so full.

Image Image

Where did you get these and who are they made by? LOVE this!
****Kelly****
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Image I found these narrow drawers that fit perfectly in this unused space and just right for my thickers and other alphas. Two sets of drawers stacked. I organize by color.
Debbie

Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

kguercio wrote:
Smiley-Scrap8 wrote:Here is mine. But keep in mind that this photo was taken 2 years ago and my Thicker collection has increased. There is now a ruler stuck in the front keeping all the packages from flopping over because it is so full.

Image Image

Where did you get these and who are they made by? LOVE this!

Hmm, no idea who makes them, but they are double magazine holders. I bought them at either walmart or target, can't remember which.
Ronny

Return to “General Talk”