Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Ayla

Cherry Addict

A very trying day....
Just wanted to update everyone and ask for good thoughts my way!

Had grand and glorious plans to do my Christmas shopping today. Have what I think are good ideas for everyone, justneeded to get out and do it. BF had borrowed my van a couple of days ago to help his son do some moving, so it was parked at his house. I went to a dentist appt this morning (and actually did very well considering I have a serious dentist phobia), then drove to his house. I didn't see the van, but didn't think anything of it since I figured it was parked in the garage. I went into his house, he was still sleeping, so I did the dishes and putzed a bit. When I ran out of things to do, I woke him up, only to have him developed very intense left sided chest pain. Of course, he is a diabetic and hypertensive, and I"ve never seen him like that....as an ER nurse, of course it freaked me out a bit. He refused to go to the hospital (he doesn't have insurance right now and didn't want the cost), but finally agreed to go to see his doctor. I took him there, knowing his doctor would talk him into the hospital, which of course she did. I rode along in the ambulance (I knew the paramedic on the rig so she let me do my normal ER nurse thing, which was cool - it ended up helping him stay calm and helped me by letting me do what I know needs doing). His cardiac enzymes and all were normal, but he refused to stay for a full evaluation because of the insurance thing. Well, along the way, he asked me where my van was...he thought I moved it. I thought he had it in the garage. Turns out it had been stolen overnight. So after we got back to his house from the ER, I filed a police report. The van had been recovered earlier in the day, treated as an abandoned car. Well, it wasn't abandoned, it was STOLEN! It had been involved in a hit and run, and was towed to an impound lot. It will cost me a minimum of $210 tomorrow to get it out, and I don't know what kind of damage it had done to it. I only had PL/PD on it, so no theft or collision damage is covered. Depending on how much damage is done, I might just sign it over to the impound lot and let them deal with it. I just want the one Christmas gift that was in it back! It wasn't expensive, but it is cool and my son will enjoy it.

So, I"m exhausted, still have my CHristmas shopping to do, have to deal with getting the car back, AND have to work Wednesday, Thursday, and SAturday nights, 12 hour shifts!!! Anyone want to come help me get it all accomplished?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

JanetM

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: A very trying day....
Oh my gosh , I am sorry to hear about all of this. I hope someone comes along close to you and plays elf. Hugs to you this next week.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

OMG! Sorry to hear about the BF having pains today. I wish I could find the person who stole your van and give them a Big Texas donkey Kickin!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

So sorry! I thought I had a tough day, but you win. Sending you many hugs and a wish for a Merry Christmas! :-D
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

(((Hugs))) Sending good thoughts your way!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

cort

Cherry Bing

that just sucks! stupid grinch stole your car.

Hope the Bf is feeling better and that everything works out.

If I lived closer i'd come and help you out...then we'd drive around looking for the idiot that took the car and beat them up. :winkb:
ImageImage

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

{{{HUGS}}} wish I lived close by cuase I woudl totally do your shopping if you could convince somebody else to do the wrapping :)
Image~Angie~

Sus79

Cherry Cola

You poor woman, biiiiiiig hugs from me to you
ImageImageImageImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Oh geez, what a crappy day - with a bright lining. Your bf didn't have a heart attack! Thank God. Everything else can be replaced. I would be so very happy to come over and help you out - if I could afford the airfare, I'd be there tomorrow... (((hugs))) - hope tomorrow is a LOT better!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

Sending big hugs!!! As long as the BF is ok, try not to stress over the rest. If it makes you feel any better, I am not finished my Christmas shopping either!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

(((hugs)) I would like to find whoever stole the van and kick them! Hope you can get the Christmas gift from the van without a problem. Hope the rest of your week goes much better!
***Tanya***

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

OMG! What an amazing journey you have had today. I hope that everything with BF and your van works out before you start the weekend.
Laurie

dshepard

Cherry Bing

Oh, Nancy...so sorry you had to go through all that. If I lived closer, I'd come help you in a heartbeat...you're such a sweetheart. I hope you are able to get the things done that you need to do and able to enjoy your holidays. Big (((hugs)))!
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Very sorry at your news---glad everyone is O.K.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

When it rains it pours! Nancy, I am so sorry for all that occurred today, but real glad that bf is not having a heart attack. Well, hopefully. I will be working also and have not gotten dh or dd anything. Or the wedding clothes I need on the 31st. One step at a time, dear. Blessings to you.
Bibi

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

well maybe you got the "bad" out of the way and you can head into the new year with only good!...I would head your way, but my job seems to frown on unscheduled vacation days...glad your man is ok!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

craftyk

Cherry Bing

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. I'm glad your bf is okay. Totally stinks about your van, I hope they find out who did that. ((( hugs )))

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Good Grief!!!! (Just reading this tonight) So sorry about your van, and glad to hear so far BF is feeling okay and not a Heart Attack. I am inspired by your true Christmas Spirit to keep going! God Bless and I hope they find the thugs who did this!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

((Hugs)) to you Nancy. What a day. But the best part is that your guy turned out to be okay, and in the end that is what matters the most. I'm so happy he is alright. Sucks about your van tho.

ImageImage Image Image  

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Please keep us posted on the van and the bf. Hoping all turns out ok in both cases!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee