Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

beachlover

Cherry Addict

A moment of thought, prayer, wishes...
please that justice is served for my niece. I don't know if you remember but I posted a little over 7 months ago about my niece Angela who was critically injured when she was hit by a car along the side of the road late one night. The driver (whom we later found was more than likely drunk, hid her car in another state and waited 72 hours to turn herself in) is being sentanced today. This woman has never truly faced up to what she has done, has no insurance, and even gone on to get a DUI in a nearby town THREE WEEKS TO THE DAY AFTER SHE HIT ANGELA!

We are praying the judge sets an example of this woman and sentances her properly as Angela's injuries are severe and long-term. She needs to be stopped so she cannot damage anyone else! Thasnks girls!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Re: A moment of thought, prayer, wishes...
((hugs))) to you and to Angela. **sigh** I hope that justice can be served. Please keep us updated.
~pam~

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

You know you have them from me!!! Love u
Image \ ImageImage

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Ann, I was just wondering the other day how your niece was doing and if anymore had come of the case. I am glad to hear that she will be sentenced today. I am with you and hope that justice is served and an example is made of her. I am thinking since she got a DUI shortly after the accident, the judge should not let her get away with this. Keep us posted on the outcome.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Personally, I think anyone who is involved in an accident, ESPECIALLY if someone is injured, and is under the influence should face penalties right away. There should be no leniency, and they should be held responsible. That being said, I pray your niece continues to recover, and that this woman faces what she should have a while ago. Prayers to you and yours!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I hope the woman gets what she deserves
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

I hope this woman gets the book thrown at her. I just do not understand how, when such a serious crime has been committed and someone's life is altered in such a drastic way, how this person can be free to commit other crimes before she has to be brought to justice for the first one. It's so sad and unfair. I hope your family can have some peace in knowing that this person will be harshly judged for what she did. Please let us know what happens. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I really do hope this woman gets what she deserves. I don't understand how Judges can just let people like her WALK. My Dad got hit by a drunk driver 3 1/2 years ago and he had to get MRIs and CAT SCANS done. He was out of work for a month. His insurance took care of him, but the drunk driver's insurance tried to get my dad to sign off on some papers. Technically allowing the guy to walk. After 3 years, they settled out of court and my dad got $10,000. And the guy? Jail time for a mere 30 days. Really??? It was his 5th offense! A-holes like that should never be given the chance to do it again.

So, Ann, I really really will pray that this woman PAYS for what she did! Many thoughts and hugs to you and Angela.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

hugs to you and Angela...I hope justice is served~
Image~Angie~

Jenni328

Cherry Picker

I hope justice is served and with that the lady turns her life around.

cort

Cherry Bing

Hugs prayers and a wish for justice.
ImageImage

Ayla

Cherry Addict

That's why I like doing the blood draws for our local police agencies at work...I WANT to go to court and testify and put some stupid SOB who dared to drink and drive and put others at risk behind bars. Here's hoping Lady Justice prevails!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Ann I wonder about your niece quiet often and I hope justice got served today. ((Hugs)) to you and your niece. I hope she is getting better.

ImageImage Image Image  

JanetM

Sweet Cherry Pie

Prayers for a good judge that keeps her from harming anyone else.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Just reading this now. It is Saturday and I would like to know what sentence the offender got. I am very sorry for your niece. My ds#1 is a drunk driver. He has had two DUIs but has not hurt anyone yet. You notice that I said, "Yet?" I worry so much that he will hurt someone or himself. I am sorry for all that your niece and her family has been through and will have to continue to go through. It is not easy for this side either.
Bibi

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I do hope justice will be served. I will keep your niece and her family in my prayers.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Krimpet

Sweet Cherry Pie

Our justice system at work :( . 3 years probation and 1 year without her drivers license. What a joke. I am so sorry Ann.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_j ... d_run.html

Carolyn

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

Hugs and prayers for a good verdict
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee