Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Seriously, people?
There has been an alarm clock, or SOMETHING going "BEEP BEEP BEEP" for the last hour and a half in one of our neighbor's apartments. I cannot fathom a thing that can beep so long, or be so friggin loud. I though the stupid thing would've shut off by now, but no such luck.

At this point, we're keeping the TV on just so we can't hear it as much.

I think I'm going to go crazy here.

beep beep beep.... beep beep beep.... beep beep beep...
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

dwinchell

Cherry Blossom

Re: Seriously, people?
I think someone might not have come home last nite... That is SO annoying indeed...
Denise
Mom to Nicole and Michael

kgr1920

Cherry Picker

OMG that is awful.......even alarm clocks usually shut off after so long.......

craftyk

Cherry Bing

Are you sure it's not a fire/smoke detector?

Cherry Bing

that sounds like a fire alarm...smoke alarm...or Gas alarm...

amberella

Cherry Bomb

craftyk wrote:Are you sure it's not a fire/smoke detector?

Oh if it was the fire/smoke alarm, we'd allll know. We have a building-wide system, so if something WAS wrong, I think the maintence people would be alerted, or the whole building's alarms would go off and we'd all be outside. Unless someone has gone to the trouble of installing their own "normal" not-built-in alarm, and then let it's batteries run out, it's not that. (And, it's shut itself off for like 30 seconds about 5 times... 0.o)

I'm 99% sure it's an alarm clock that doesn't know how to shut up. I've ascertained it's not one of the neighbors directly on either side of us. I'm thinking someone below.
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

kguercio

Cherry Bing

So annoying are you sure it is not a carbon monoxide dector or something like that since it has not stopped?
****Kelly****

craftyk

Cherry Bing

amberella wrote:
craftyk wrote:Are you sure it's not a fire/smoke detector?

Oh if it was the fire/smoke alarm, we'd allll know. We have a building-wide system, so if something WAS wrong, I think the maintence people would be alerted, or the whole building's alarms would go off and we'd all be outside. Unless someone has gone to the trouble of installing their own "normal" not-built-in alarm, and then let it's batteries run out, it's not that. (And, it's shut itself off for like 30 seconds about 5 times... 0.o)

I'm 99% sure it's an alarm clock that doesn't know how to shut up. I've ascertained it's not one of the neighbors directly on either side of us. I'm thinking someone below.

Glad to hear that it's not a fire alarm!

amberella

Cherry Bomb

kguercio wrote:So annoying are you sure it is not a carbon monoxide dector or something like that since it has not stopped?

If it is, it's probably not part of the electronic system we have in the building, and it's not ours ('cause we don't have one besides what's built in...) But I suppose it's possible that someone has something that's going off for one reason or another.

The building's system is really touchy, so I'm hoping that if we had something to worry about, it'd be telling us.

It did start this morning at about the time one would set an alarm clock to go off.
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

Oh, that would be annoying! Hopefully the beeping has stopped by now...
Stacy

glo85cam

Cherry Jubilee

Maybe someone should check on the neighbor to make sure they are OK.
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]

amberella

Cherry Bomb

glo85cam wrote:Maybe someone should check on the neighbor to make sure they are OK.

I walked past all our nearest neighbor's doors, and I can hear them talking (or I saw them in the hallway).. I have no idea where else it could be coming from. One of our neighbors is the head of maintenance for the building, and I think he's heard it (he's the one I saw in the hallway). If it doesn't stop, he (or someone with keys) is the only one who could really check. Since I don't know what it is, and the building's main alarm system isn't going off, I'm not sure it'd be smart to call the police or anything.
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Our new alarm clock doesn't stop. It gets louder instead. :) Every 2 minutes it rises in volume and pitch untill its just totally crazy annoying. But I promise I'm not your neighbor :winkb:

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

Is this STILL going off!? I would walk a floor below and see if you can hear it....I would leave a note on the door.

cort

Cherry Bing

that would drive me insane....I have a gutter on the house that makes this weird dripping noise when it rains...and once i start to focus on it I can't stop. :bludmad: :bludmad:
ImageImage

amberella

Cherry Bomb

We have been gone to the BF's parents' for the past three hours... I THOUGHT that when we were getting ready to leave it had stopped, but I don't know if it stopped permanently.

We've resolved that if we go back and it's still beeping, we'll go next door and talk to the maintenance guy and see if he can do something.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's an alarm clock. It's loudest in our second bedroom, and if the layout of the apartment below us is the same, that'd make sense.
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Okay... we're back, and there is no more beeping. Thank goodness!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Is it gone yet?
Bibi

sherry

Cherry Bing

Yikes- that would drive me nuts! I guess you can't call neighbors and ask them to turn off, because surely they would if they were home!

christiv

Cherry Blossom

That would drive me nuts! Thank goodness it had stopped by the time you got home.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee