Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

ncokely

Cherry Cola

What are your favorite fast scraps???
I know I will probably have a better answer to this question next weekend, but what do you really like to try for fast scraps?
I am helping with a large 3-day crop in November and the owner would like me to have 10 different fast scraps ready to go.

We tried it last year with pretty good success---there were over 200 croppers and every time we had a fast scrap there were 60-70 entries.

Out of those, she pulls numbers out of a bag and hands out 8-10 prizes each time.

I like to do fast scraps that I am going to use later for a gift or layout, so I like things such as corner bookmarks and recycled can ones the best.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Re: What are your favorite fast scraps???
I love the ones where I try something new - like cards that fold special, small boxes from instructions or the soup can ones.

I agree that I love the ones that you can reuse more than the ones that are geared towards a layout in the future.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I've never participated in one, but the ones that catch my eye are things I can use...I remember a bookmark one, tags of course. I can't wait to see others' ideas!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

I remember one here last year, that was to create an ornament from a TP roll.
Laurie

Sus79

Cherry Cola

I love making boxed, Christmas ornaments or a mini album (just the folding part)
ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I like the fast scraps that make you create an embellie - like a flower. I usually am able to use that embellie on a LO or a card that day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

I like fast scraps that I will really use like cards. Some of the other things are clever but just not something I would use so I skip that kind of stuff.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I don't know what a fast scrap is? From the previous answers, my preconceived ideas were all wrong. I thought is was a challenge that you did within 30 minutes or an hour. Wrong, again. ;(
Bibi

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

1grandma wrote:I don't know what a fast scrap is? From the previous answers, my preconceived ideas were all wrong. I thought is was a challenge that you did within 30 minutes or an hour. Wrong, again. ;(

You are exactly right! They are one hour challenges that the CT offers through out the crop. They are not usually a LO--though i think I do remember one once---but cards, tags, etc. as others have stated.

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

I really do love the card challenges! I like that they are something I can use again. That said, I also love the tutorial ones where we learn a new box, card fold, etc.

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

Cards! Also LO's, gift box or gift card holders.

Hate to say it, but I'm getting burnt out on bookmarks! LOL
Stacy

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

LAYOUTS. Without a doubt, those are my favorite. I love that I finish with an actual layout that I can put in my album and it reminds me that I can, indeed, scrap an entire page in an hour. ;)

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Bookmarks (I'm 'burned out' on them for myself too, but they would be great for your crop!), handmade flowers, or title boxes would be my favorite. Magnets are also fun & make good gifts. I've also seen people decorate/alter picture frames... that's all I can think of right now!
Image Image

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I like making cards as my most favorite. I also like trying new things like a different flower, or we made a note book cover for stick it notes...useful things...I don't take part in things that I think are going to be a waste of my time and energy...sounds bad, but I'm not into keeping those things around.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

javalove

Cherry Bing

My favorite was a recipe card fast scrap from one of ACOT's crops last year. Not only did I get a very pretty salsa recipe card out of it, but it's something I could either add to a scrapbook page or give to a friend with a batch of the homemade salsa.
Lisa

Image Image

jmo95

Cherry Cola

My favorites tend to be the cards and the 1 hour layout challenge. It is scary to try to create a layout in an hour but I feel like sometimes I do my best under pressure. No time to fret if I have everything just so. I just kind of go with it.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

Cards are my favorite, tags are awesome too!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

1grandma wrote:I don't know what a fast scrap is? From the previous answers, my preconceived ideas were all wrong. I thought is was a challenge that you did within 30 minutes or an hour. Wrong, again. ;(
Ha! me, too!!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

scraptag

Cherry Cola

layouts
layouts using a technique
digi layouts using a technique

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

cards :)
Image~Angie~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee