Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Cherry Bing

ok this tops it.. an old guy flipped off an ambulance...
My hubby is at work.. on the way from a call, and guy swirves back and forth..seemingly an impatient driver with road rage... after his final lane change where he nearly clipped the ambulance to get in the lane in front of the ambulance.. then comes to a near crawl.. then jumps back in the passing lane, slows enough to give my hubby (a paramedic) the big naughty finger... and to my hubbys surprise this guy was oooold old... I would expect that from a younger driver..

wouldnt he have felt like a idiot if just a minute or two after he wrecked and hubby was the first one on scene?

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Re: ok this tops it.. an old guy flipped off an ambulance...
Wow! Sounds familiar! I know how your hubby feels... Someone pulled that crap on us on the way home today (he was old-ish too!)... we were passing a car pretty quickly, (on the highway, going 70), but he was in a BIG BIG HURRY (presumably he was SUPAR IMPORTANT!) so he squeezed his big-donkey truck between us and the car we were passing with about 2.5 inches to spare on either end.

Guess who got a honk and TWO fingers... eh... *thumbs* up from us?

I can stand jerky drivers (even though I get road rage), and my boyfriend is unbelievably patient with them, but when someone pulls a move that could seriously get people killed, they get special treatment.

I always hope that they get pulled over later. It happened once, it could happen again! (gotta love karma!)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Thats just terrible!!! I guess I will never understand what makes some people tick!!! Glad he did not cause an accident!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Ooh, and I forgot to mention that it doesn't just happen to ambulances. Apparently all emergency vehicles are subject to ridicule for doing their job (or just generally existing). Yesterday as we watched about 20 cops completely block off a busy 6 lane highway (because some crazy shit was going down), there were STILL people honking and being generally catty at each other and the police because, and this is the only explanation for this behavior I can come up with, "OMG, it was EVERYONEELSE'S FAULT that their WHOLE LIFE was RUINED. FOREVER!!!"

If there are THAT MANY flashy lights and wailing sirens, I think it's safe to say that being in a hurry is probably the last thing you should be thinking about.

Ugh. People.
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

cort

Cherry Bing

One day he's going to need their services and some moron is going to pull the crap that he did today...talk about Karma.

sometimes i think you should have to retest every so many years to maintain your drivers license.
ImageImage

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

It is quite likely that the old guy has Alzheimer's or maybe one of the other forms of dementia like vascular dementia from a mild stroke.

With Alzheimer's the brain literally gets destroyed. Brain cells are killed never to be replaced. The short term memory area of the brain is usually what gets affected first, hence the classic can't remember symptoms sterotype. What part of the brain comes next varies from person to person and in what order, too, but the inhibition control center is often one of the early affected areas. And when that part starts getting damaged, the old folks are hell on wheels, both literally and figuratively. I feel very fortunate that did not happen with my mother.

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

WoW!! When I was in Pennsylvania one summer (many moons ago) I recieved culture shock over the driving there. This was over ten yrs ago, and I hope it has improved, but I couldn't believe that drivers would NOT pull to the side of the road for emergency vehicles!!! Stop lights also did not mean the same there as they did here, because in OK when it turns red you stop, but there (at the time) it meant you waited at your green light until the people at the Red light were finished driving. Sometimes they didn't stop for several minutes!!! My Bff's Dad literally rode the car's bumper in front of him from the airport till we reached thier house. I kept my eyes closed a lot!! LOL Then I barely had driving experience, not sure how I would handle it now.
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

scrapcatz

Cherry Tart

People just don't stop and think - that ambulance could have been on the way to save his wife or his child or his grandchild!!!

cort

Cherry Bing

meteechtap wrote:WoW!! When I was in Pennsylvania one summer (many moons ago) I recieved culture shock over the driving there. This was over ten yrs ago, and I hope it has improved, but I couldn't believe that drivers would NOT pull to the side of the road for emergency vehicles!!! Stop lights also did not mean the same there as they did here, because in OK when it turns red you stop, but there (at the time) it meant you waited at your green light until the people at the Red light were finished driving. Sometimes they didn't stop for several minutes!!! My Bff's Dad literally rode the car's bumper in front of him from the airport till we reached thier house. I kept my eyes closed a lot!! LOL Then I barely had driving experience, not sure how I would handle it now.

I live in PA...where were you at? Also if you come this way again...be advised that turn signals are fashion accessories...to be used only if you feel like it. oh and those red and white octagonal signs only apply to a certain few....but the real fun is figuring out who that is. :winkb:
ImageImage

Ayla

Cherry Addict

It's unbelievable how many people disregard lights and sirens at all. But when I was down in Georgia this summer, I found something absolutely amazing! If I put on my turn signal to change lanes, people actually let me in! Even in Atlanta that would happen. You'd NEVER get that in Michigan!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Ayla wrote:It's unbelievable how many people disregard lights and sirens at all. But when I was down in Georgia this summer, I found something absolutely amazing! If I put on my turn signal to change lanes, people actually let me in! Even in Atlanta that would happen. You'd NEVER get that in Michigan!

LOL, that is amazing!! Here in OK a turn signal is a rare thing, it also means : hurry get around that person she's slowing down!!!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Why don't people know how to pull over when an emergency vehicle has its lights on? I work just down the road from a hospital and have seen from my office window many near misses from people trying to out run the ambulance.
Image Image
RACHEL

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Sheesh!

People have no respect for ambulances - especially when they are on a CALL! HELLO! That could be your relative in there trying to get to a hospital!
I think ambulance drivers should have cameras on the vehicle so they can film trying to get to a hospital - and the city should be allowed to ticket cars who block them!

(Ok, not sure how that would work - but there should be a way to deal with those idiots)
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Cherry Bing

Hubby later told me the guy looked to be around 80 years old.. who knows maybe they are re-making the movie grumpy old men.. no one can replace walter matthauw..

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Wow, I've heard everything now...flipping of an ambulance, god people are awful!!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee