Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Sus79

Cherry Cola

@ the ER
I just spend the afternoon at the ER :( Xander and Jacob was playing around as the have a million and one times before, and boom Xander fell and hit the back of his head in the sharp corner of the bed, and put a ½ inch hole in the head.....man that was bleeding

So off to the ER to get it glued, and when we got there there was a 4-5 hours wait, and after about an hour of huge amount of tears, Xander wet him self, sitting on daddy´s lap ;) That made the very sweet nurses, put us in, so we "only" had to wait 1 h and 45 minutes

So we went out and had a burger for dinner, and that made DS smile again, and now he is fast a sleep
ImageImageImageImageImage

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Re: @ the ER
Oh my! Hope all is aok now. Kids!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Sus79

Cherry Cola

JulesinParadise wrote:Oh my! Hope all is aok now. Kids!

I think he is, but I´ll just go and have a look before I go to sleep. The only thing was that he couldn´t sleep on his back, that didn´t make the little one happy, since that is his favorite sleeping position

Well I would say that both kid and dad was equal about this one ;)

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

Oh the poor little guy!!! So glad he's ok. A shiver went through me when I read your post. All I could think was if he had been turned the other way it could have gotten him in the eye. Head wounds sure do bleed a lot, for sure and that makes it scarier. I am kinda surprised that he didn't get in right away as you never know what you could be dealing with in a head wound. I bet Xander will forget this long before Mommy and Daddy will :) So scary when your child gets hurt.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

Sus79

Cherry Cola

CherryTat wrote:Oh the poor little guy!!! So glad he's ok. A shiver went through me when I read your post. All I could think was if he had been turned the other way it could have gotten him in the eye. Head wounds sure do bleed a lot, for sure and that makes it scarier. I am kinda surprised that he didn't get in right away as you never know what you could be dealing with in a head wound. I bet Xander will forget this long before Mommy and Daddy will :) So scary when your child gets hurt.

It sure is scary, and I just hate when it happens. But he usually is such a little trooper, and will do his best to charm the whole waiting room. But today have been a very hot day here, and most of those waiting was kids with all kind of bump and bruises, and cuts of different severity, so we are just lucky that we are not still sitting there waiting.

About mom and dad forgetting last, my mom told me that when I was about Xander´s age also hit my head, and bleed all over the neighbors white carpet....and since I can´t remember that, you are most likely right :)

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Oh poor baby! That must have scared the you know what out of everybody! I am so glad he's okay. {{{HUGS}}} to you and the little guy!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aww poor thing :( head injuries always bleed heavily... glad he is OK!!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Awww the poor little guy! Glad he is okay Sus, and sorry you had to wait so long in the ER!

ImageImage Image Image  

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

awww... poor dear. Aren't head wounds scary? I hope he heals quickly.

When my youngest son was about 4 or 5, he was poked in the head with a metal rod... they couldn't stitch it and they didn't have the glue then. We just had to keep it covered and wash it out... it was horrifying! He's fine now. You'd never know.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

carrie123

Cherry Cola

Oh, so sorry the poor little guy had to go through that. I hope he is doing better.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I'm so glad he's ok.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Sus79

Cherry Cola

Thanks ladies. He is doing fine this morning, so I think we are fine now :)

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

bummer, glad he's okay!
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

Goodness, I'm glad he is doing better today. I remember when DD was 3, she was spinning around in the recliner and I said "you need to stop that before you..." and she fell out and hit her head on the riser going into the kitchen. She got 8 stitches.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

OUCH! What a way to spend the afternoon, but I have a feeling we will be headed that way sometime soon the way these 2 get crazy in the house. What a relief that he is ok and doing fine today!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

Ayla

Cherry Addict

DD cut her head when she was just shy of 3....it didn't bleed much because the way she did it made the blood vessels spasm. Controlled the bleeding but she still had to have stitches across the back of her head. She was so funny because they had wrapped her so she would be still during the stitching...they were just about done when she bellowed (and I mean BELLOWED) "I WANT YOU TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW I WANT CHOCOLATE MILK!!" all in one breath! They all laughed and promptly found her some chocolate milk! We still laugh over that one, but it is definitely scary when they get hurt!

So glad Xander's doing well this morning.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Sus79

Cherry Cola

Ayla wrote:DD cut her head when she was just shy of 3....it didn't bleed much because the way she did it made the blood vessels spasm. Controlled the bleeding but she still had to have stitches across the back of her head. She was so funny because they had wrapped her so she would be still during the stitching...they were just about done when she bellowed (and I mean BELLOWED) "I WANT YOU TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW I WANT CHOCOLATE MILK!!" all in one breath! They all laughed and promptly found her some chocolate milk! We still laugh over that one, but it is definitely scary when they get hurt!

ROFLMBO! :-D

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Oh Sus! Not fun at all. They must be pretty sure he didn't do any other damage other than split the skin? Or they would have told you to look for certain signs, right?
I have a friend whose son is a daredevil and is always getting concussions. He's had so many, that he is not allowed to play sports for like a month after he gets one. Just crazy.
I hope X is feeling better soon.

Sus79

Cherry Cola

scraptag wrote:Oh Sus! Not fun at all. They must be pretty sure he didn't do any other damage other than split the skin? Or they would have told you to look for certain signs, right?
I have a friend whose son is a daredevil and is always getting concussions. He's had so many, that he is not allowed to play sports for like a month after he gets one. Just crazy.
I hope X is feeling better soon.

Yes we was told to look out for a concussion, but there have been no sighs what so ever, and he has been out playing all day, with no problems at all :)

Here is a photo of the head wound

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Poor little guy
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee