Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

You know you are in a drought when....
....you are praying that a Tropical Storm comes and dumps a bunch of rain on you!

That's what everybody here in the South Texas are hoping for. There's a Tropical Storm in the Gulf - TS Don - that formed earlier today. There's a cone of uncertainty from Galveston to Brownsville, with many models showing it hitting Corpus. Its going to be a weak one. We just need the rain. Its supposed to make landfall late Friday night into Saturday morning and be gone by Sunday. Keeping our fingers crossed that we get SOME rain out of this!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: You know you are in a drought when....
I know what you mean. Working at the nursery means we have to water the plants all the time especially when it hot. And when there is a drought nobody minds working out in the rain. Except when it is lighting. Hope you get your storm.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

it would be good to push around some of the heat the country is having, too
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

I had a client today reading it on his phone while I cut his hair...I even asked him if it's gonna hit us because I would love it if it rained...so I'm right there with ya hon!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I hope you get your rain, but not as bad as Galveston was hit a few years ago...that was sad. I was there 2 years ago and my friend was pointing things out for me.. So sad.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

sherry

Cherry Bing

I just saw that on the late news- they say it would be very beneficial as long as it doesn't get to be too strong- hope you get rain.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Good luck with TS Don.
Bibi

Janell

Cherry Cola

We could use rain badly there, they are starting water restrictions this week. Everything is starting to turn brown. I don't want a Storm, just a good long rain.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Northern Brat wrote:I hope you get your rain, but not as bad as Galveston was hit a few years ago...that was sad. I was there 2 years ago and my friend was pointing things out for me.. So sad.

Leslie, as long as it stays a Tropical Storm, we're good. I live 15 miles inland, so I don't deal with storm surge or flooding.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I am on the coast in SC, and we too are feeling the drought. We have a 1300 acre fire smoldering that needs a good dump of water. So, I wish for you and here a rainstorm, nothing severe, just loads of water!!! Hang tough!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

We need the rain up here in NM too
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Hopefully just rain and no destructive wind.

Lynda

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

just saw that on the news, i hope you do get rain :) i love me lots of it too!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Rici76

Sweet Cherry Pie

I am the way in Katy but it is sooooo HOT and DRY....:-D we all need rain

Cherry Bing

IM feeling your pain in Central Texas. Im about an hour north I35 of Austin. Killeen/fthood area. I know im praying for rain too. Told my native american hubby im gonna craft a rain dance outfit for him. lol. its horrible. even drought resistant plants are not doing well. my purple cones flowers are dying. Veggies didnt do a thing. I planted early march.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

firemanswife7 wrote:IM feeling your pain in Central Texas. Im about an hour north I35 of Austin. Killeen/fthood area. I know im praying for rain too. Told my native american hubby im gonna craft a rain dance outfit for him. lol. its horrible. even drought resistant plants are not doing well. my purple cones flowers are dying. Veggies didnt do a thing. I planted early march.

We lost our garden too. Usually tomatoes do well in dry heat, but not this year. And you can forget about lettuce. We lost that in MAY!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee