Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

Bragging about my MIL again :)
She is just the most awesome person ever! Before I had my surgery, she told me that she was going to send me some envelopes while I am recovering- envelopes with scrapping stuff, etc. Well, she has outdone herself!! I have lost count of how many envelopes she has sent. They are the large brown kind except I also got 2 small ones today. Anyway, you should see all the stuff she has sent!!! She gets most of it on sale at the few LSS in her area. I am a lucky girl! Just off the top of my head- 2 sets of Tattered Angels glimmer chips, Jenni Bowlin journaling cards, Tim Holtz timepeices/reinforcements/and a couple other things, Bo Bunny Timepiece trinkets, music stickers and rub-ons, double sided tape, various ribbons, her friend cut some Tim Holtz die cuts for me, a large package of various die cuts from a LSS, BG office tabs, bunch of metal frames and BG Bling it on, Melissa Francis vintage keyholes, a package of various sized decorated sticky notes, a magazine. That's all I can think of now. She also is an expert seamstress and sent me 3 pairs of beautiful pj pants- they all arrived seperately as she wants everything to be able to go as a letter (packages take 12 days).

Just thought I would share my good fortune. My MIL just wanted to make my days a little brighter when I was feeling down while recuerating. I love her.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Re: Bragging about my MIL again :)
Lucky you!

THis is the kind of MIL I want to be!
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Wow, Darlene! THat is so freakin' awesome!!! Your MIL is the BEST!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sherry

Cherry Bing

How I wish I had a MIL like that, I do not. She sounds great.

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

That is AWESOME!!!! You have a wonderful MIL! Mine, thinks I am "playing" and should be doing other things.....>insert bad word<
Enjoy your goodies!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

She is a pretty special lady for sure. Not just because she is very generous like that, but we are able to talk to each other. We can talk about feelings, which is not something I can do with my Mom.

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

WOW! That is great! There are so many that complain about their MIL. Fortunately, I have a really nice one.
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!

Judes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sounds like she know her DIL well.
[font=Arial:ohrhf522]Pages completed in 2010: 179
Pages completed in 2011: 121
An ideologue knows he's right. A person of faith knows only that he doesn't know. ----Walter Gustafson, Everett. From Seattle Times, Letters to the Editor, 26 Mar 2007.[/font:ohrhf522][/size:ohrhf522][/font]

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Queen Mum wrote:Lucky you!

THis is the kind of MIL I want to be!
I'm with you!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

lizziej wrote:WOW! That is great! There are so many that complain about their MIL. Fortunately, I have a really nice one.

Me too! I don't see her much - last time was X-Mas 2007. She lives in Los Angeles, we live in South Texas, and with some employment/financial trouble that DH and I have had since 2008 until just recently, we couldn't make it out there. But we can talk about anything.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

My ex mother in law was a chronic schizophrenic who heard voices that said very mean things to her. She never even learned my kids' names....and the ex wanted to know why I didn't feel it was appropriate to take them up to see her when she was intubated in the ICU? I don't think so. But I love hearing all the good stories about what wonderful things your MIL's do....it gives me something to aspire to when that day comes!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

You are very fortunate and she obviously feels you are special too, which, of course we all know you are. How are you doing?
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

JulesinParadise wrote:You are very fortunate and she obviously feels you are special too, which, of course we all know you are. How are you doing?

Oh Jules, thank you, you are so sweet :)

I am doing very well- my physiotherapist is quite pleased with me. I can get around with 1 crutch or a cane and the pain is much, much less. I am just anxious to be "normal" again :) Thanks for asking!!!

cort

Cherry Bing

your MIL rocks! Can i send her my addy? ;) ;) ;) ;)
ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Darlene that is just so sweet! What a special person your mil is and her love for you is so obvious!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

CherryTat wrote:
JulesinParadise wrote:You are very fortunate and she obviously feels you are special too, which, of course we all know you are. How are you doing?

I am doing very well- my physiotherapist is quite pleased with me. I can get around with 1 crutch or a cane and the pain is much, much less. I am just anxious to be "normal" again :) Thanks for asking!!!

Glad to hear you are doing so well and your pain level has come way down! Good for you Darlene! Sounds like getting back to "normal" is getting closer and closer!

ImageImage Image Image  

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

She sounds wonderful!
***Tanya***

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

Ayla wrote:My ex mother in law was a chronic schizophrenic who heard voices that said very mean things to her. She never even learned my kids' names....and the ex wanted to know why I didn't feel it was appropriate to take them up to see her when she was intubated in the ICU? I don't think so. But I love hearing all the good stories about what wonderful things your MIL's do....it gives me something to aspire to when that day comes!

Gosh Nancy, that's really sad. Schizophrenia, I have often said, is THE worst disease ever, seriously.

And when the time comes, I have NO doubt you'll be an awesome MIL!!

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

pawprints wrote:Darlene that is just so sweet! What a special person your mil is and her love for you is so obvious!

My husband says to me sometimes (jokingly of course)- she is MY mother, remember?? lol He just loves it that we are so close of course.

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

pawprints wrote:
CherryTat wrote:

Glad to hear you are doing so well and your pain level has come way down! Good for you Darlene! Sounds like getting back to "normal" is getting closer and closer!

Thanks Barb :) I still have my moments where I am very uncomfortable, like today after physio- oh boy! I had to take 3 extra strength Tylenol and had a nap on the couch, but overall, yes I am doing wonderfully. I keep having to remind myself it has just been over a month since I actually had the surgery! considering what I had done, I am fabulous..lol..

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee