Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

when does school start again?
As we near the end of July (!) it's time to start thinking about school again - those of us with school aged kids, anyway.
I noticed Target has the school supplies out. Jenni Bowlin mentioned on her blog that her kids go back Aug. 1
When does school start where you live?
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: when does school start again?
September 6. States law says if the school receives state funds, it cannot start until after Labor Day. The state has to get its hands on those tourism dollars!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Aug 29th, a month away and I cant wait!!

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Wow- August 1 is early! Quinn will head off to Kindergarten on September 6, but I won't even know which school she's going to for sure until the first week of August.

anazelia

Cherry Cola

after labor day in my county. but my sisters county starts in august.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

It depends on the school district that the kids live in. The kids in my neighborhood go to a Year-Round School, so their 1st day was Monday (July 18th). I wouldn't know when school starts for the others.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

The public schools start Aug 12
The university starts August 22 (meaning I am teaching)
And, the school where my kids go - a Catholic school doesn't start until August 25th!

I have a little bit of a conflict there that I'm not sure what I'm going to do about. I have seriously considered sending them to the public school!
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

September 8th here- they always start on a Thursday here for some stupid reason. And we always start after Labor Day weekend.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

icesk8abc

Cherry Blossom

I go back August 12th (yes a Friday) and the kids come on August 22nd.
Jen

stephfez

Cherry Bing

Ayla wrote:September 6. States law says if the school receives state funds, it cannot start until after Labor Day. The state has to get its hands on those tourism dollars!

We do have a few year round schools here that start earlier than that but it is bc they are year round. My older 2 start the Tuesday after Labor Day and the littlest one's first day of Preschool is Sept 9. Can't believe all 3 are in school!!!!!!!
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Quincie goes back on August 29th. She can't wait because she really hates going over my in-laws house twice a week.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Its Aug 11 for us, and we have bought our supplies already!! This is the earliest Oklahoma has ever been! When I was a kid it was always sept the first week . I feel like he's barley had a summer vaca at all!!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Teachers (that's me) have to go back Monday, August 15th.
My youngest starts Middle School of the 18th and my oldest goes to High School as a Junior on the 19th.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

Ladybug11

Cherry Bing

I'm a guidance counselor in FL and I went back to work last Monday...my kids come back on August 8th! Ahhhh!

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Mine start back on August 18th !! And yes, I'm ready!! All supplies bought, backpacks ready. Just need to do some clothes shopping for the first day!!!!!

I imagine if I school is starting on Aug. 1st it's a year round school as there are several here that start back next week and they are year round.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

August 8 and it cant be soon enough for me. Get the little monsters off the street at night. Dang kids are out walking and talking and listening to music etc. until after 1am most nights around here.

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Our school is actually starting a week later here...August 24th. Judging from this hot July weather, I am glad it will get a chance to possibly cool down some!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

amberella

Cherry Bomb

I go back on Sept. 7th, but that's the only day I have class that week... I do hope that some of the munchkins/teenagers go back sooner than that, though... I'd like to be able to go to the beach/shopping WITHOUT them around just once this summer. :P

I feel old now.... ;)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Wow! I can't believe how many of you have school starting in August! Early August! Around here they always start right after Labor Day. Of course that doesn't stop the stores from putting up their back to school aisles around the 4th of July! A week after graduation weekend the summer aisles were being cleared out and they were putting up the back to school stuff Yikes, give us a break!

ImageImage Image Image  

Ayla

Cherry Addict

pawprints wrote:Wow! I can't believe how many of you have school starting in August! Early August! Around here they always start right after Labor Day. Of course that doesn't stop the stores from putting up their back to school aisles around the 4th of July! A week after graduation weekend the summer aisles were being cleared out and they were putting up the back to school stuff Yikes, give us a break!
Back to school supplies in July? Heck, I went to Hallmark today and all their Christmas stuff is out!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee