Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Two years ago today....
.... DH made one of the most important decisions of his life. He had been smoking for almost 25 years (since he was 15 years old) and had been trying to quit since 2001. He had tried everything. From the patch to the gum, from cold turkey to slowly winging himself off. Nothing seemed to work. Then a coworker of his lent him a self help book - "
The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. He read it, and on July 22, 2009, he smoked his last cigarette. He has been smoke - free since. And I couldn't be prouder of him! :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

Re: Two years ago today....
what a great accomplishment! my husband quit when we started dating and it was very hard for him.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Wow, congrats for him!

My father smoked for over 40 years and you know what make him stop cold turkey, a five way by-pass. It's been 6 years since his surgery and not one puff since then.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

That's awesome! I have two friends right now who are on that journey. They used something, patch? pills? Not sure, but one of them works with me, and she pays me each week $50 to set aside. She has a goal of September 13 (3 months)....after that, she thinks she will be ok...with that money she buying herself something special. She says she smokes more than that each week!!! I also have to ask her for it...with no arguements. If she starts smoking....She doesn't get the money back! Sweet!!!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Northern Brat wrote:That's awesome! I have two friends right now who are on that journey. They used something, patch? pills? Not sure, but one of them works with me, and she pays me each week $50 to set aside. She has a goal of September 13 (3 months)....after that, she thinks she will be ok...with that money she buying herself something special. She says she smokes more than that each week!!! I also have to ask her for it...with no arguements. If she starts smoking....She doesn't get the money back! Sweet!!!

Wow! $50/week set aside until Sept! That's a nice little treat for herself. Good luck to your friend.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

cort

Cherry Bing

what an awesome accomplishment! and so much better for him!
ImageImage

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Please tell your DH that I am very proud of him too. I just might have to get that book for my DH. He smokes and I really wished that he didn't.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

mgehrke wrote:Please tell your DH that I am very proud of him too. I just might have to get that book for my DH. He smokes and I really wished that he didn't.

Thank you Mildred! How long has your DH been smoking? You can usually find the book at B & N or on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smo ... 1402718616

DH started reading it Feb 2009. He read it twice, taking his time with the second reading. But he said something clicked, and with mine, and the rest of our friends/family (nobody we hang out with smokes) support, he said it was alot easier than the patch or gum or anything else he tried. Wish you and your DH the best if he tries to quit.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

blbabe1234 wrote:
mgehrke wrote:Please tell your DH that I am very proud of him too. I just might have to get that book for my DH. He smokes and I really wished that he didn't.

Thank you Mildred! How long has your DH been smoking? You can usually find the book at B & N or on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smo ... 1402718616

DH started reading it Feb 2009. He read it twice, taking his time with the second reading. But he said something clicked, and with mine, and the rest of our friends/family (nobody we hang out with smokes) support, he said it was alot easier than the patch or gum or anything else he tried. Wish you and your DH the best if he tries to quit.
He has been smoking since he was 18. He will be 47 next month. I will check into the book and talk with him. I know he will have lots of support, because none of us at home smokes. Thank you for your well wishes.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

That is amazing!!!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

Thats awesome!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

That definitely is an anniversary to celebrate! Cobngrats to hiim for quitting and you for your support of him.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

It was 1 year in February for me, after 35 years of smoking, so I understand the hardships and trials that go with it all!!! Tell him WTG,,, a major accomplishment in my book!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

That's fantastic!!
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

oceanbreezes423 wrote:It was 1 year in February for me, after 35 years of smoking, so I understand the hardships and trials that go with it all!!! Tell him WTG,,, a major accomplishment in my book!!!

Thank you! And congrats to your accomplishment as well! ;)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

That is a huge accomplishment! It is wonderful! Congratulations! He is healthier. Yay!
Bibi

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

That is a great accomplishment. congrats to him!!!!

Lynda

kiwi-ange

Cherry Blossom

Thats awesome!! Good for him.

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Whoo-hoo, Robert!

Way to go!
Laurie

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

That is very awesome! Congrats to you both!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee