let's talk eyebrows

Moderator: ACOT Employee

happayscrappay
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 315

let's talk eyebrows

Post by happayscrappay »

what sort of things do you do to your eyebrows. mine seem like a never ending battle with the tweezers and I just want to know I'm not the only one!
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

Re: let's talk eyebrows

Post by evilqueen »

I just usually shave, I too lazy to pluck.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

I actually don't stress over mine too much. I just leave them pretty natural and pluck if they get too out of hand (about once a month).
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3731

Post by blbabe1234 »

I guess the girls in my family are blessed with not very hairy eyebrows. All any of us do is just pluck the one or two that grow in the center, and pluck a few that happen to grow near the eye lid, but that's it. And its every few months.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
happayscrappay
Cherry Bing

Post by happayscrappay »

I have to hate you both now

mine are wide and grown down onto my eyelid. for years I didn't do anything with them and now that I do, I have alot to do!
Hi! I'm Rachel
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Wax them! I tweeze the odd one in the centre so I don't have a unibrow happening, and then I go get them waxed....I would rather have a few rips with the wax then a few plucks with the tweezers anyday. It's so funny that you brought this up today...I JUST had this conversation with my mom and daughter!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
happayscrappay
Cherry Bing

Post by happayscrappay »

I don't feel like I have the money to wax, it's expensive here! and then I still have to take care of them in between.

I've seen that thing with the string but I haven't had that done
Hi! I'm Rachel
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

happayscrappay wrote:I don't feel like I have the money to wax, it's expensive here! and then I still have to take care of them in between.

I've seen that thing with the string but I haven't had that done
That's too bad! I do mine every two months for the cost of $10! It's so worth it for me, I spend more on coffee and scrappy items! I hear that string thing is expensive and very painful!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
happayscrappay
Cherry Bing

Post by happayscrappay »

wow, it's $30 here and I would have to have it done at least every month, probably more. I pluck every couple of days!
Hi! I'm Rachel
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

I wax. It is not that expensive here, and I prefer someone else doing it :) I suck at shaping. ;)
~pam~
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I'm of the tweezing group, but my mom waxes. And it's cheaper than $30 around here, too!
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

I feel your pain! I've never waxed, it makes me nervous that if they screw up, my eyebrows could be crazy looking. haha! So I'm a tweezer too. ;) And I also have to pluck every couple of days. My hair just seems to grow really fast. It's quite annoying. Most people are like once every two weeks, and I'm every couple days. :waiting:

I have actually seen a couple people get that string treatment thing while I was at a salon. It was very quick and the people didn't seem to be in pain or anything, so it could be something. But no idea.
happayscrappay
Cherry Bing

Post by happayscrappay »

I feel a new kinship with you, Jennifer!
Hi! I'm Rachel
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

Wax them!!!!! I used to tweeze, but didn't like keeping up with them so oftern. I have been having mine waxed for a few years now. They have slowed down a lot. I usually have to have them done now about every 6 weeks. Sometimes I have to tweeze one or two, but sometimes no tweezing at all. It is so worth the $10. Oh but wait......I don't have to pay for it anymore. My youngest is going to school to be a hair sylist and waxing is one of the first things she learned. We bought a professional wax pot and all of the accessories at Sally's Beauty Supply (which she also works at). So know she waxes my eyebrows and legs :inlove: :inlove:
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

happayscrappay wrote:wow, it's $30 here and I would have to have it done at least every month, probably more. I pluck every couple of days!

What about going to a Beauty School? The instructors are right there watching the students or if the student doesn't feel real comfortable the insturctor does it for them. The price is always cheaper than a salon.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

Okay.....I actually went to get mine done while I was still married.
I have mine "THREADED." That is the term that you ladies used when you said with the string thing. And, I keep going back to have it done. I take care of the strays that I can, but, when it starts to lose shape a bit more than I can handle at the top, I will go and have them done. I want to say that it costs $14 to have one of the packages done here (eyebrows, upper lip, and chin) and that is done by a lady at the local Meijer store. The one I went to before first charged me $10 for the brows and then her price was going up. I cannot afford to have it done as often as this lady suggests and that is why I take care of them when I can do it myself.
You can seriously go to You Tube and type in "threading" and see what gets done. I have heard to be careful of the waxing because of what it can do to your skin. Think of threading as as plucking with thread! :winkb:
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

I have crazy eyebrows, but I have to have someone else do mine. I can lay and let someone else do it, but I can't do it myself. I waxed for years until I discovered threading. Love it!
Last edited by handerful on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
RACHEL
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

Funny this is coming up because I need to go get them waxed. I have the luxury of not having to go that often because I work from home and don't really go out much for people to get a good look at them. It's about $8 - $10 here.

My friend bought me the GIGI home waxing system but once I took off too much and 2x I've actually ripped off skin around my lip so I think I've decided to leave it to the professionals.

What I hate is when I get them waxed at the Asian Nail place and after they wax they tweeze them to death too. They are VERY thorough.
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

wax them when I think of it. (professionally)

THinking of trying threading.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

I have really light eyebrow so waxing doesn't really even show up....I just try to tweeze the wild hairs every now and then. I am lucky I don't have my dad's gorilla eyebrows!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

Return to “General Talk”