Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I'm moving!
I have lived in a rented townhouse for 7 years, since I filed for divorce. I've wanted to move, but having limitations on how far I can move, where to move to, a place big enough to fit all of us plus the 4 legged babies, and sucky credit has made it a not-reality. Well, today I found out I am getting to finally move! A friend at work is trying to sell their house, as each had a place to live when they got married (second marriage for both). They sold her house already, are still trying to sell his, which has been sitting empty since last summer when they got married. They've already bought a bigger hosue together. No bites on the house...not even an offer. They decided to rent it, and are renting it to ME! And in a couple ofyears, if I decide I really like it and want to stay in the area, they would be willing to sell on a land contract to me.

It a 3 bedroom house, but also has a bonus room which I might use for a scrappy room or I might use for a 4th bedroom and give Keegan his own room. It has a full basement that is partially finished with a huge family room and another side room, which might be a bedroom for me (the dark would sure help with my odd sleep schedule)....will have to figure that out. It has a huge kitchen and a big dining room...Nancy might actually cook! Has a wood burning fireplace, plus built in shelves in the living room. Hardwood floors throughout. Almost 1500 square feet, which doesn't sound big but it 250 more square feet than I have now, and that doesn't include the basement space! The rent is slightly more than I pay now....but I will gain a full house, a main floor laundry room, a 2 car garage, and a fenced in back yard! Heck...MY OWN YARD!!!!! I told DD she gets to learn how to mow a lawn! lol The yard needs a little TLC because of it being neglected for a year, but nothing much more than a couple of gallons of paint and some manual labor.

It's amazing to me....after all the years of struggle and feeling like things would never look up for me, this year has been phenomenal. I can't even put it into words how lucky and blessed I feel.... and it's not my imagination, it's all REALLY HAPPENING!!!!

I will get some pictures tomorrow and post them.... but it you want a preview, go to saginawhomesforsale dot com and search for an addres of 4390 Alvin.... you can see it there!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

cort

Cherry Bing

Re: I'm moving!
Wow that is great!!! And you definitely need scrappy space! Hope all goes well with the move!

ok just found the picks.... LOVE that living room!
ImageImage

dshepard

Cherry Bing

Yay! So happy for you Nancy! :-D
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Nancy, that house looks great. It is very nice looking brick ranch. The kitchen looks like a good size and love those hardwood floors. This sounds so perfect for you and the kids. Plenty of space and with a basement. Hope everything works out for you. That is nice that you can rent it first and make sure it is what you want and then purchase next year. I see your own scraproom in the future. You will love that.
 Image ImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

OMG! This sounds wonderful! Whoohoo! I hope it works out for you.
Bibi

Michelle M.

Cherry Blossom

Great house! It's in a good area, too!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

mlmccrim wrote:Great house! It's in a good area, too!
Yes, it's in a very nice area. And I'm definitely benefitting from the poor housing market in Saginaw right now! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Will you be in the same school district? Congrats on the house! Bet the kids will love the yard!!

Lynda

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Nancy, I am so excited for you!! This is so awesome! Congrats!

Looked at the pics. That kitchen is HUGE! LOVE IT!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

LyndaKay wrote:Will you be in the same school district? Congrats on the house! Bet the kids will love the yard!!
Same school district, technically a different elementary school but because of the way they do busing here I think I can keep youngest in the same school. Only about 4 miles from where I am now, but actually a little more central to "businesses". And only 2.7 miles from ACOT (I am all of 4 miles away now lol)!!!
 Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

LyndaKay wrote:Will you be in the same school district? Congrats on the house! Bet the kids will love the yard!!
The boys want to build either a tree house or a play house in the yard. We'll see what my limited skills can do lol. Maybe I'll bribe my brother (who actually is a licensed builder - it's his hobby) to put togehter plans and a shell for a small, simple playhouse. If not...there's a shed in the backyard...maybe we'll convert that! lol

The best thing....the couple who own it are great people. And they both feel relieved that someone is going to live in it, and that kids will benefit from the great yard. They fell in love in that house....Ellen says maybe it'll be good mojo for me too! lol
 Image Image

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Oh Nancy...I'm SOOOO happy for you! I am still in the midst of the struggle, so I know where you've been and you totally and completely deserve all the good things that have been happening! Congrats lady!!!! :-D

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Wahoo!! I think the best selling point is that it's close to ACOT! Maybe if they would've put THAT in the listing it would've sold faster! :P

Best of luck with the new place and MOVING!!! (Keep some extra chocolate on hand for the stress. :D)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

ScrapEgypt

Cherry Bomb

That is so exciting!!!!!! Sounds perfect and makes things work for everyone!!!

Congrats!!!!
Cielle

ImageImage Image

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

How exciting! I'm so happy for you and your family, Nancy!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

congrats to you!
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Congratulations! I know how happy you are right now, just by reading your post. The great thing is that you can probably start moving when you can, instead of by a certain date. Have fun!
Laurie

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

CONGRATS!!!!!!! I am so happy for you Nancy!! You guys deserve this so much from all you have been through, and all you sacrafice for those kids!!! All that space , its gonna feel like Heaven!!! Get those kids packin!!!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Congratulations Nancy! You are such a sweet person, I'm glad good things are happening to you. This is a lovely home. I like the wood floors and the lot looks very nice for the kids to play on. I'm very happy for you!!!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

that is awesome...and boy do I wish the price of houses were that here :( can't wait to see it all decorated!!!
Image~Angie~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee