Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

What Do You Think?
I recently bought a spellbinders calibur m/c and dies on ebay. The listing said free shipping and that it would be shipped priority. I paid immediatley after the auction and waited impatiently for my items. About a week later I got a message that it had been mailed (several days after it should have been here). I contacted the buyer to ask if it had been mailed priority and she said she'd been sick and her husband had mailed it and he hadn't mailed it priority but I could track it. 21 days after I paid for the item I finally opened a case and asked for the difference between first class and priority shipping. Of course the item arrived that afternoon. Now the seller is freaking out saying that it wasn't her fault it wasn't shipped priority and that it took so long and that I have my items so what am I complaining about. Apparently ebay has put a hold on her money till the case clears - I thought she already had been paid. Now she's threatening to call her personal lawyer unless I release funds(i.e. close the complaint) or return the items. I think she should stick by her listing. Do you think I'm over reacting?
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: What Do You Think?
I do not think you are over reacting at all. She is a business person and her business depends on her doing what she says. You are entitled to a refund on the difference in shipping as well as an apology from her for YOUR (you the customer) inconvenience. What if you had time constraints on when you received it. She is wrong but unfortunately if you give her a bad rating she can also give you one as a customer and effectively blackball you to other sellers. Hope you get it straightened out to your satisfaction. Again I say, SHE is WRONG.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I don't think you are over reacting at all, and it is HER business regardless of who actually does the shipping, and she's responsible for it. You paid for an agreement, and it should be honored. I say she should stand by her posting, I am on your side with this one.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think you should stick with it. It IS her fault it wasn't shipped priority- she should have told her husband to be sure to do it that way. It is her mistake, and she should have to pay the difference. It's what any honest seller would do. And I think her saying she'll call her lawyer is a bunch of BS- if she put priority in her listing & didn't follow through, then she really has no case.

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Screw her, I really don't think she is going to call her lawyer since it will probably cost more than what you paid for all those items.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

Ayla

Cherry Addict

By the way....YOU haven't held onto her money....eBay did. You merely filed a complaint that the experience was not as promised. If she wants to sue about the funds, she should talk to eBay...as I'm sure what she is doing is violating their seller terms. Perhaps you should let eBay know about that one too!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

jessinmich

Sweet Cherry Pie

Where is the saying "the customer is always right" and "customer service first' playing in this? I personally think you should stick to your guns on this, you have done nothing wrong and let her call her attorney, chances are its just a scare tactic. Why would she seek legal council and spend all that money...when she could just give you the couple bucks and be done. Good luck
~Jessica~

I am a collector of scrapbook supplies in hopes someday i'll have time to use them....

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Ayla wrote:By the way....YOU haven't held onto her money....eBay did. You merely filed a complaint that the experience was not as promised. If she wants to sue about the funds, she should talk to eBay...as I'm sure what she is doing is violating their seller terms. Perhaps you should let eBay know about that one too!

I agree that you should tell eBay that you are being threatened with a lawsuit.

But whatever you choose, avoid a lawsuit, because you have to defend yourself and unfortunately, that will cost you. It's a shame, though. It's clearly her fault.

Lynda

sherry

Cherry Bing

Nope, not over reacting. You should not have to pay more for her fault.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee