Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

Is it possible to Be all 3? digi, traditional and hybrid?
I have decided to live on the dark side, and hybrid world as well as the traditional world.. I am thinking of using digi for all of my favorite pages and family book. Traditional for wedding album, the boys baby books and some of us, oh and for gifts. (with hybrid stuff for cards and mini albums like i do now)
But I am worried I will go 100% dark.. is it possible to ride the fence without falling over? I love using paper but I am so over the physical stash and all those albums when I just want to scrap them for fun. I love playing with paper so I don't want to go over 100% I know there are a few cherries who do both so I am looking for any advice or tips to juggle both and not forget the other. I already bought PSE9 and a few kits but I hybrid too so I don't have to commit to digi if it's dangerous lol. WDYT?

dshepard

Cherry Bing

Re: Is it possible to Be all 3? digi, traditional and hybrid?
I think anything is possible and there are no rules (that's something I always have to tell myself). I started digi almost 2 years ago after paper scrapping for over 10 years. I have tons of paper supplies and keep swearing that I'll use them up, but so far I haven't. Digi is just so much less messy for me and easier to do when I get a little time here and there, especially on my laptop after DD goes to bed. Now I haven't actually printed any of my pages, but I think that's ok too...the pages are at least getting done (where they weren't before) and as long as they are backed up properly, they can still be enjoyed. But I do have to use those supplies someday...hoping to have more time to focus on that now. But I say, do whatever you want...the important thing is to enjoy your hobby, no matter what form it takes! :-D
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Just think about it this way:: could you give up the feeling of paper and bling and flowers and all that fun stuff??
I totally think you can do it - you'd almost have to dislike paper scrapping to go TOTALLY digi, in which case that'd be what's right for you, anyway! No matter what you're going to be scrapping, and that's the fun part!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

I did a cutover to digi starting with 2011 pics. My plan is to digi scrap this year forward so I can keep up. I have a ton of supplies also, and love traditional scrapping, but do not get around to pulling it out and having the mess lay around and so I get flustered that I'm not getting anything done and don't 'keep up' at all.
I will continue to do Travel albums and my older family albums to use up my supplies, and I already am doing hybrid since there are so many theme stickers that I haven't found in digi.

I think if you can stick to a plan, you can pull it off. That's what I'm hoping anyway!!:-D
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

Awesome thanks Ladies! I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into lol! I love the mess free, way you can change colors, Re size etc way of digi.. but love the feeel of paper :D
Plus I am not too good at digi lol, but I love it. But If I was good maybe paper would be in trouble lol. thanks ladies!

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

I've been all three for almost 8 years now! LOL
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

mysunshine

Cherry Bing

I've done all 3 for several years now and I have no intention of changing that. I love the paper stuff, but I also like being able to create a digi layout with my kids around, or without a mess to clean up. I also love digi products so much that I routinely print and use them on my paper layouts - especially journaling spots!
- Angie - Come read my blog!

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

AmyTeets wrote:I've been all three for almost 8 years now! LOL
wow that is awesome! I feel much better about taking on all three now!

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

mysunshine wrote:I've done all 3 for several years now and I have no intention of changing that. I love the paper stuff, but I also like being able to create a digi layout with my kids around, or without a mess to clean up. I also love digi products so much that I routinely print and use them on my paper layouts - especially journaling spots!
Same here! I also like that I can easily pick up or adjust things, I can't do that with paper. Make a sheet larger after I already cut it down. you have a lot more options with digi! I love printing journaling spots!

sakura-panda

Cherry Blossom

* I traditional paper scrap chronologically, past to present, and am currently stuck somewhere back in 2005. I digital scrap current and new pictures, usually ones taken within the last three or four months.

* I digi scrap at home and only paper scrap at crops. I have space at home, but never seem to get around to it. This is a good social compromise for me!

* Gift wise, I get better reception from digital layouts than the paper ones. YMMV.

Have fun playing with it all! :-D
~ Katie ~

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

I'm having the same delimma. I just bought some digi software and I LOVE it, but I love paper scrapping and have no plans to give it up. So I've decided to compromise. New pictures will be paper scrapped and older pictures will be digitally scrapped. I bought a picture scanner so I can scan the older pictures and this works great not only for digital scrapping, but now I can give family members digital copies of all those old family pictures. Win - win! :-D
Stacy

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I pretty much only digi scrap, but I do once and awhile make cards from paper or do other crafty things. I haven't done an actual paper page in a long time, but I think if I actually had a scrappy area, like a desk to work at, I would do it more! haha! So If you know you love paper, and you have an area to work on it with, than chances are it will still be a good part of your scrapping! But digi is so nice cuz there's no clean up, you can do it quickly, and you can adjust pretty much whatever you need.

Good luck, and don't worry, you can get the best of all worlds! haha! :-D

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Shayla, I do both paper and digi, and have done hybrid layouts too. I got so hooked on digi, but I will NEVER give up paper. If you are like me and just need to be in a pile of papers, punches, bling, flowers, scissors, glue, scraps, etc, then you will never leave it even if you fall in love with digi, which I have. The way it works for me is that when I paper scrap I like to scrap a chronological or theme album. When I do digi I will just scrap a random page, like Boomer in the snow, or a really cute pic of Maddie that I love. I will also digi scrap if I am doing a challenge during a crop, since A) I am slow as molasses as a scrapper and it would take me forever just to take out all my supplies and decide what I wanted to do, and B) I don't like to scrap a paper page that is just random. That may sound weird but I guess it is just the OCD in me lol. If I am going to scrap a paper page of Boomer in the snow, or Maddie in a Halloween outfit for instance, I will do it when I am doing their albums. So digi lets me do a random page instead of waiting until I get to it on my long list of paper albums I have planned to do. Digi also allows me to scrap at 1 or 2 am when I have an idea as to what I want to do but it is late and I don't want to start taking out stash. Right now my main concentration in paper has been paper scrapping an album for my mom all about my grandmother, so in the mean time I can still scrap cute pics of Maddie and Boomer as they come up. Those pages are more current. As for hybrid, I've printed out digi papers and used them in the paper album I am working on about my grandmother. I LOVE being able to do that because sometimes I just can't find a paper that I have in mind, so I look thru my digi stash. I have found papers that I want to use but the colors were wrong, so I would change the color and or tint the page so the pattern was more subtle and then was able to use it on my paper page.

So believe me, just because you go over to the dark side doesn't mean you will necessarily give up your love of paper. I didn't and I never will... I am a proud bi-scraptual and have the two stashes to prove it LOL!

As an example here's a hybrid spread that I did for my album about my grandmother. You can see how versatile it is to use digi paper and change it to match your paper layout. It is so cool that sometimes I see a paper line in the store and think, oh if I could only just change the colors. LOL!

ImageImage

digi papers used...

The background paper is from Alma Townsend. I tinted it way back and slightly changed the shade of blue to match the colors on my page.

Image Image

The digi paper that I typed my journaling on is from Designs by Shelle. I took out all the color and made it a monochrome pink, then tinted it way back so it wouldn't interfere with the journaling.

Image Image

So you can see that the dark side did not take away my love of paper! It actually expanded my possibilities!

ImageImage Image Image  

ScrapSis

Cherry Blossom

The short answer is yes! There are no rules. I currently do all 3. I have done quite a bit of digi, and have 2 book projects going right now. But I am not ready to give up the hands on paper scrapping - feeling the textures, moving it all around with my hands still means alot to me. I do expect that by the time I retire in 10 years or so that I will be all digi - easier to travel with a lap top than all my supplies! My sister and I have I rule - if you like it and it works for you - it is perfect.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

sakura-panda wrote:* I traditional paper scrap chronologically, past to present, and am currently stuck somewhere back in 2005. I digital scrap current and new pictures, usually ones taken within the last three or four months.

* I digi scrap at home and only paper scrap at crops. I have space at home, but never seem to get around to it. This is a good social compromise for me!

* Gift wise, I get better reception from digital layouts than the paper ones. YMMV.

Have fun playing with it all! :-D
What does YMMV mean?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Which one is cheaper? I know that I spend a lot of money in paper, stickers, etc. but how about digi expenses?
ImageDani

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

Sarah I don't really have my own space another thing that turned me on to digi, But I do love all the items so I feel good about it now.

Barb, I remember that page you made me finally try hybrid lol! What you said about the random pages is how I started feeling, I have 2 albums full of random pages and it bugs me! I want to scrap them but love that I can do it digitally and not have to store the pages. What you said Is exactly why I want to go further in digi.

Scrapsis- love that rule! and yes I like that you can scrap with just your computer.. really helps when you don't have space or are traveling.

tinkerbelldani digi can be expensive too but I already have a little stash and You can use the items over and over again. I think they could be the same to start, with digi you need a program and ex HD if you really want to BUT There are free programs, papers and sometimes even free embellies. I have a pretty big traditional scrap stash and storage to hold that stash so I've spent way more on paper supplies than digi and I already bought a program and HD but ask me in a few years lol.

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

BTW thanks Ladies, I feel better about really going further into digi,, I enjoy it just was worried if I went to far into the dark I'd get lost lol!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

shayla_rose wrote:BTW thanks Ladies, I feel better about really going further into digi,, I enjoy it just was worried if I went to far into the dark I'd get lost lol!

Nah, you won't get lost Shayla! If you start to lose your way just give me a yell and I'll help pull you out lol!

ImageImage Image Image  

dshepard

Cherry Bing

tinkerbelldani wrote:Which one is cheaper? I know that I spend a lot of money in paper, stickers, etc. but how about digi expenses?
I can't speak on how much it costs to print (because I've never actually done it), but as far as kits go, there are almost always sales going on somewhere (some where you can get a whole kit for $1!), and lots of people have blogs that have freebies...that always helps. And it's a nice way to try things to see if you like digi before you buy a lot. We should get a list together of our favorite places to get freebies...would that be against any rules or anything?
ImageImageImage
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee