We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

JeanellePaige

Digital Designers

Thank Gosh Mommies have internet!!
My 1st grader got 63% on her spelling test because she doesn't know the rule, i before e except after c. So I wrote the rule on a paper for her to tack up by bed to study, like I do with other things like math and spelling. So, I wrote out examples.... shIEld, yIEld, and concEIl. Then I looked online for more examples and realized that conceil is actually spelled conceal and doesn't even apply to the rule!!! Sooo thank goodness for the internet or my kids would've been fighting with their teachers about how to spell conceal!!! LOL!!
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

aceason

Cherry Bing

Re: Thank Gosh Mommies have internet!!
I still have to use that rule!

My DD teacher called me the other day to tell me that "peanut" was on of their words. The teacher uses it in a sentence such as "bobby has a peanut." My DD told the teacher, "My little brother has a peanut on his body but it is inappropriate to say at school where it is." The teacher said she had to try so hard not to laugh and just had to call to tell me. Eek. Guess it might be time to that "that" conversation.

Darn those spelling tests!

amberella

Cherry Bomb

I always spell perceive wrong cause I forget the 'except after c' part... :P
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

GeriNY

Sweet Cherry Pie

I still refer to that rule all the time. I'm a horrible speller.
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

aceason wrote:I still have to use that rule!

My DD teacher called me the other day to tell me that "peanut" was on of their words. The teacher uses it in a sentence such as "bobby has a peanut." My DD told the teacher, "My little brother has a peanut on his body but it is inappropriate to say at school where it is." The teacher said she had to try so hard not to laugh and just had to call to tell me. Eek. Guess it might be time to that "that" conversation.

OMG that is too funny!! They are "peanuts" in my house too....and that applies to ALL of them! My BF isn't fond of the term but I've been using it since my oldest was born and he will be 21 in August! Fortunately both boys (and bf) are big boys now and we don't generally have conversations that involve their "peanuts" anymore!!!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

ROFLMAO!!!! Love this story.
Laurie

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

...And don't forget the rest of the rule...And when sounding like A as in NEIGHBOR and WEIGH...(I always forget that part.)

JeanellePaige

Digital Designers

PurpleGoddess wrote:...And don't forget the rest of the rule...And when sounding like A as in NEIGHBOR and WEIGH...(I always forget that part.)
Oh Geez! There's MORE??? YIKES! LOL!
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

lol!
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

PurpleGoddess wrote:...And don't forget the rest of the rule...And when sounding like A as in NEIGHBOR and WEIGH...(I always forget that part.)

I never knew, or don't remember this part of the rule! I always use the first part though! ESPECIALLY since teaching Elementary school! LOL After years of reading all of my students "inventive" spelling---I find that the correct way looks wrong! (seriously, their spelling makes so much more sense!)

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

I throw peanuts out into our yard every day! LOL

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

Yikes....I never learned that part!! And I ALWAYS spell Neighbor wrong. Good thing computers have spell check!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Or when it's weird.......

diana

Sweet Cherry Pie

LOL the things that kids say.
Diana, Jet Noise The Sound of Freedom

aceason

Cherry Bing

SusanZenn wrote:

OMG that is too funny!! They are "peanuts" in my house too....and that applies to ALL of them! My BF isn't fond of the term but I've been using it since my oldest was born and he will be 21 in August! Fortunately both boys (and bf) are big boys now and we don't generally have conversations that involve their "peanuts" anymore!!!
You've gotta admit, sounds way cuter, especially when they're little. We also tell them to wash their bits and pieces and nooks and crannies, you know, depending if it's DD or DS. Hopefully that one doesn't make it to school too!

stampaholic85

Cherry Bing

LOL

Have to say, that was a bad sentence for the teacher to use.... But I suppose it might have been worse if she would have said, Do you want a peanut?
Image            Barb H
                                                                        Facebook page: Pink Passion Stamper

Ayla

Cherry Addict

LOL...this is what I was going to add!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee