Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

stonelion

Cherry Blossom

I *AM* Dug
OK - in order to understand this post, you will need to have seen the Pixar movie "Up". If not, you can view the relevant part on YouTube by searching for "
Up Clip - The Talking Dog (Dug)".
Otherwise, you will think I am crazier than I really am . . . That having been said . . . I am trying as my friend Laurie (letumom) has advised me, to go slowly and stay with what I know. But I find myself reacting to new and beautiful things and getting distracted and wanting to go and investigate the new and different. So when I went to a scrapbooking store on Sunday, I walked by a beautiful display of stamped cards and <SQUIRREL> Anyway, I really want to make a small investment in one stamp and one acrylic block and oh yes, a heat gun which is on sale at Joann <SQUIRREL> - where was I - oh yes and a small amount of embossing powder. I'm thinking white. And whatever ink? glue? stuff? (techical term - feel free to use it) I need to make white embossing powder work. So what brands do you like? Oh, and I was thinking a Copic marker or two <SQUIRREL> - wait, does anyone like anything else for coloring in? Watercolors? Inks? Is there anyway to freehand a design and use embossing powder over it? Trying to stay focused but <SQUIRREL>
Image Image Image Image Image
<SQUIRREL>

Visit my blog at: http://stonechips.blogspot.com/

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

Re: I *AM* Dug
Zig makes an embossing pen that you can use like a marker for drawing. You then sprinkle the embossing powder on and heat it just like normal.
It sure is fun to play
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Your post is exactly why I drug my heels for so long and didn't want to scrap-----because there is so much STUFF!!
10 years later I still can't do a lot of the things mentioned (I don't stamp, or emboss)

but I try to do the little that I know well enough to put in books or gifts for friends or family. :winkb:
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Hehehe, very cute post. I love using my stamps. I have an embossing gun and several powders, plus I also love to put fine glitters on my cards too. I have not tried copic markers yet, but I do use a fifty piece set of crayola fine tip markers that work wonderfully.
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

gine

Cherry Garcia

Sounds like you're going to have a grrrrreat time :-D Love scrapping but also stamping and embossing..AND I LOVE combining the two... I just got Copic certified and are still learning(ehhhh..... hate to break your heart but you need more then 2 pens.... sorry..... and you need a Memento ink pad)
Here is a tag I made combining distressing inks and copics

Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Image LOL I love it! squirrel!!
SUS ImageImageImage

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Isn't Laurie grand..... I saw the Smooch Inks for the first time as she had some when we were scrapping at Archivers!!! Got to have some of those.....

And the new prima is to drool for.....

............and

...........and ;)

stonelion

Cherry Blossom

killarney_rose wrote:Isn't Laurie grand..... I saw the Smooch Inks for the first time as she had some when we were scrapping at Archivers!!! Got to have some of those.....

............and

...........and ;)
Wait. What's a Prima? No. Don't tell me. OK. Tell me.
<SQUIRREL>

stonelion

Cherry Blossom

suslvgeo wrote:Image LOL I love it! squirrel!!

Hey! That's me!
<SQUIRREL>

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

gine wrote:Sounds like you're going to have a grrrrreat time :-D Love scrapping but also stamping and embossing..AND I LOVE combining the two... I just got Copic certified and are still learning(ehhhh..... hate to break your heart but you need more then 2 pens.... sorry..... and you need a Memento ink pad)
Here is a tag I made combining distressing inks and copics

THAT is adorable--must try after I complete albums for my gd!!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

stonelion wrote:

Hey! That's me!
That's me, too!! I have often said I have a very low boredom threshold, but that's why scrapping works for me...there's always something new to try! (and if you're friends with Laurie, I can say this, becuase I TOTALLY blame her for getting me hooked on digital! lol) And I seriously DO have ADD....but that just makes me interesting. And if it doesn't, at least I THINK it does! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Ayla wrote:
stonelion wrote:

Hey! That's me!
That's me, too!! I have often said I have a very low boredom threshold, but that's why scrapping works for me...there's always something new to try! (and if you're friends with Laurie, I can say this, becuase I TOTALLY blame her for getting me hooked on digital! lol) And I seriously DO have ADD....but that just makes me interesting. And if it doesn't, at least I THINK it does! lol
My other catch word is "shiny!"
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

OMG! Now you guys, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. Or the little angel sitting on your shoulder saying "try me." Notice I said angel. Hehehehe.

I'll be honest here, I have no desire thankfully to try Copics and Embossing (other than using my CB) or Flocking. At least for right now. I can barely keep up with the stuff I already have so far! LOL! (Thank goodness)

But I do admit that when something new comes in the ACOT store I can be tempted, like the Sew Easy stuff <SQUIRREL>, and the new Basic Grey lines <SQUIRREL>, and .... sometimes I chase said SQUIRREL (got the entire set of Sew Easy when ACOT got the THIRD Shipment!).
Laurie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

letumom wrote:OMG! Now you guys, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. Or the little angel sitting on your shoulder saying "try me." Notice I said angel. Hehehehe.

I'll be honest here, I have no desire thankfully to try Copics and Embossing (other than using my CB) or Flocking. At least for right now. I can barely keep up with the stuff I already have so far! LOL! (Thank goodness)

But I do admit that when something new comes in the ACOT store I can be tempted, like the Sew Easy stuff <SQUIRREL>, and the new Basic Grey lines <SQUIRREL>, and .... sometimes I chase said SQUIRREL (got the entire set of Sew Easy when ACOT got the THIRD Shipment!).
Copics.... don't impress me. I think they are ungodly expensive for just 1 marker! I do occasional heat embossing, more for cards than anything else. I don't really love Websters or anything where the background is busy. Flocking? no thanks. I'm SQUIRREL a sucker for new digi SQUIRREL kits, Fancy SQUIRREL Pants, and SQUIRREL ribbon!
 Image Image

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Ayla wrote:
letumom wrote:OMG! Now you guys, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. Or the little angel sitting on your shoulder saying "try me." Notice I said angel. Hehehehe.

Copics.... don't impress me. I think they are ungodly expensive for just 1 marker! I do occasional heat embossing, more for cards than anything else. I don't really love Websters or anything where the background is busy. Flocking? no thanks. I'm SQUIRREL a suck for new digi SQUIRREL kits, Fancy SQUIRREL Pants, and SQUIRREL ribbon!

We all think alike! LOL!
Laurie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

letumom wrote:
We all think alike! LOL!
LOL...too funny! did you see me blame you for my digi addiction? lol
 Image Image

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Ayla wrote:
letumom wrote:
We all think alike! LOL!

Of course, that's why my earlier post. You - digi, Carol - scrapbooking in general, Kim (K_Rose) - smootches. I'm just a great enabler. :winkb:
Laurie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

letumom wrote:
Ayla wrote:
letumom wrote:
We all think alike! LOL!

Of course, that's why my earlier post. You - digi, Carol - scrapbooking in general, Kim (K_Rose) - smootches. I'm just a great enabler. :winkb:
And I thank you for that, actually! Otherwise, i never would have done the December album for TWO kids, plus the P52 I am working on!
 Image Image

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

stonelion wrote:
killarney_rose wrote:Isn't Laurie grand..... I saw the Smooch Inks for the first time as she had some when we were scrapping at Archivers!!! Got to have some of those.....

............and

...........and ;)
Prima is THE flower company
any color
any size
any shape
branches
leaves
masks
flower centers
flower clusters
I could get all Bubba from Forrest Gump on you but I will stop now.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

Ayla

Cherry Addict

happayscrappay wrote:
stonelion wrote:

............and

...........and ;)
Prima is THE flower company
any color
any size
any shape
branches
leaves
masks
flower centers
flower clusters
I could get all Bubba from Forrest Gump on you but I will stop now.
LMBO!!!
 Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee