Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

cort

Cherry Bing

crafty slump..updated with project!
Ok I"m seriously in a crafty slump right now. All these cool goodies for Christmas and I have hardly touched them. The weather sucks so staying inside is a good idea.

But I can't get motivated, at all.

So what does anyone else do when this happens?????

Ok So i found a contest i wanted to enter...so i made something and entered it. I have probably just embarrassed myself by my lack of crafty prowess. but it's too late to take it back now. :greenconfused: :greenconfused:

Well i think i might me out of the rut...and thanks for all the suggestions. I did find some page maps that i bought, and then i remembered this paper i bought.
ImageImage

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Re: crafty slump
Peruse the gallery and get great ideas!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Start organizing their stuff, from what I've heard. Once they start trying to put stuff in some sort of organized fashion, they find cool things that work together, and they start playing again. I've been watching all day for challenge #3.

I'm feeling the same way right now. Finished a layout this morning that I started last night, but don't know what I want to move on to now.
Laurie

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I am definitely in that crafty slump. I have lost all my mojo. I haven't done a layout since November and the only thing I did in December was make around 40 Christmas cards. I know that December was a busy month with the holidays. I have a full-time and part-time job and the hours have picked up since the first of the year. I am working somewhere everyday and most evenings after my regular job. That has definitely played a part in not having the extra time to scrap. I am going to a 3 day retreat this coming Thursday and haven't even started packing for it. I am off until tomorrow night so I need to make the most of tonight and tomorrow day. At least Monday is a holiday from regular job so hopefully I can finish up packing for the retreat then if I am not done this weekend.
 Image ImageImage

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

I'm in the same boat as you. I even went and bought some new stuff yesterday hoping to get me motivated. I spread it out on the dining room table and all I keep doing is walking in there and staring at it then walking back out. I cut and pasted all the challenges I want to do and printed it out... that didn't work. I bought 2 scrapbook mags... that didn't work. I went in the gallery to leave some love and get some inspiration... that didn't work. I started going through my pics... that didn't work. I haven't scrapped since October and I keep saying I need to get back into it, but I just can't seem to do it. :?

---------------------------------------------------------

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

I'm in the same boat as you. It's cold and raining outside. A perfect scrappy day, but my mojo just isn't there yet.
Image ImageImage

Sus79

Cherry Cola

ncokely wrote:Peruse the gallery and get great ideas!!

Ditto :-D :-D I have just been there and after surfing the galleries I am not any more
ImageImageImageImageImage

jmo95

Cherry Cola

I usually find a sketch and force myself to do it...once one project is done...others just seem to flow.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

doviana

Sweet Cherry Pie

I totally feel your pain. I have done not a single anything for scrappingsince the middle of decemer which was the last crop at the LSS that I was ale to go to and admittedly I did get 17 LOs done in that one night ... ut since then nothing. I haven't even bought anything for scrapping since that night. My MIL just called today and has pics she ust took out of frames that she wants scrapped so I will have that sense of oligation srapping next month but that isn't really any fun...

Anyway I have been cross stitching to at nleast do SOMETHING that involves crafting and since I am feeling scrap-dejected I decided to come back here and a couple of other sites that I used to play on all the time looing for challenges and crops in the hopes that it might jar me into doing something. Or at least I am hoping.

cort

Cherry Bing

Glad to hear i'm not alone. although i hate to think of our crafty supplies all alone. i just sat for an hour trying to make a card and came up with nothing. i just left the mess and walked away. I signed up for a card class at the end of the month..so hopefully that is the kick in the butt i need to get motivated.
ImageImage

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Re: crafty slump..update..sort of
I'm in the same slump - I'm hoping by Saturday I'm out of it as I'm going to an all day crop.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

ctaylor0312

Cherry Bing

That's what I do, I find a scetch and copy it. That usually gets my out of my rut.
ImageImageImageImage

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

ctaylor0312 wrote:That's what I do, I find a scetch and copy it. That usually gets my out of my rut.

I just printed out 6 sketches from Scrapbooks, Etc that I like. I also have the sketch from the January Sketch Challenge and the sketch from the January Contest and several of kittymomma's layouts saved for the Scraplift the GCT Challenge. We'll see if I can get something rollin' today.

sherry

Cherry Bing

I either organize my stuff, then you can see a bunch of stuff you've forgotten you have and you get excited to use it, or I put away new stuff I've received. I also get on the galleries and look at projects.

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I'm having the same problem. Just can't seem to get in that scrap room.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Just keep craftin'! And good luck with the contest you entered! The good thing about Mojo is.. it always comes back :P
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

scrappie_stacie wrote:I'm in the same boat as you. I even went and bought some new stuff yesterday hoping to get me motivated. I spread it out on the dining room table and all I keep doing is walking in there and staring at it then walking back out. I cut and pasted all the challenges I want to do and printed it out... that didn't work. I bought 2 scrapbook mags... that didn't work. I went in the gallery to leave some love and get some inspiration... that didn't work. I started going through my pics... that didn't work. I haven't scrapped since October and I keep saying I need to get back into it, but I just can't seem to do it. :?

This is a very long time for you, isn't it?

Sketches girls...I'm telling you, go to PageMaps or do our sketch challenge...any sketches is what get me going again. Make it into a card or a layout, just start moving the papers on your desk or table around!

That said...I am in a slump myself :winkb:. I blame it on the fog around here!

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

jmo95 wrote:I usually find a sketch and force myself to do it...once one project is done...others just seem to flow.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about!

And I wish I had read further through this thread before I responded the first time, LOL

jmo95

Cherry Cola

Laura Fiore wrote:
jmo95 wrote:I usually find a sketch and force myself to do it...once one project is done...others just seem to flow.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about!

And I wish I had read further through this thread before I responded the first time, LOL

It's ok Laura....Great minds think alike! ;) :-D :-D :-D
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

Laura Fiore wrote:
scrappie_stacie wrote:I'm in the same boat as you. I even went and bought some new stuff yesterday hoping to get me motivated. I spread it out on the dining room table and all I keep doing is walking in there and staring at it then walking back out. I cut and pasted all the challenges I want to do and printed it out... that didn't work. I bought 2 scrapbook mags... that didn't work. I went in the gallery to leave some love and get some inspiration... that didn't work. I started going through my pics... that didn't work. I haven't scrapped since October and I keep saying I need to get back into it, but I just can't seem to do it. :?

This is a very long time for you, isn't it?

Sketches girls...I'm telling you, go to PageMaps or do our sketch challenge...any sketches is what get me going again. Make it into a card or a layout, just start moving the papers on your desk or table around!

That said...I am in a slump myself :winkb:. I blame it on the fog around here!

YES! I've gone a month, maybe 2, but this is ridiculous.... so frustrated I can't get started. I'm now going through photos and getting more overwhelmed than ever by everything that needs to be scrapped... LOL! I just need to start slapping stuff together!!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee