Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Scrappy69

Sweet Cherry Pie

Black Friday Ad???
Is this referring to this website??

We haven't received the A Cherry On Top Black Friday 2010 ad. If you have information about the A Cherry On Top Black Friday 2010 ad CLICK HERE to let us know. If you would like to receive updates about Black Friday 2010 ads, CLICK HERE to follow us on Twitter or CLICK HERE to follow us on Facebook.

http://www.dealtaker.com/black-friday/a ... riday-ads/

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Black Friday Ad???
I think it is....

Lynda

Scrappy69

Sweet Cherry Pie

Well they need to get an ad out there!!! :)

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

ohh! I so want to see this AD!!!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I don't know....I don't think i like getting the Black Friday ads before Thanksgiving morning. That was always part of the fun of the day...to scope out the ads with family and plot where you go or what you see for ideas even if you aren't going out shopping that day. Getting them ahead of time really seems to take the fun out of it!!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I saw a segment last night on FoxNews about websites like this. I guess there are multiple websites from the sound of the reporting. As a result of these websites retailers are releasing their ads up to a week in advance of Black Friday. It was mentioned Walmart now releases their ads early. Leave it up to the instant communication in this country for screwing Ayla's joy of the ads coming out Thanksgiving morning! I am a weird shopper I guess, I don't when it is crowded. And I know what I want before I even enter a store. I think it is a waste of time to spend all day shopping. I will make the rounds of the LSS's near my mother's though. There are three within a 15 mile radius.

I can wait patiently for Brandon to put up on the website what will happen on Friday! I LOVE SURPRISES, TOO!

aceason

Cherry Bing

Ayla wrote:I don't know....I don't think i like getting the Black Friday ads before Thanksgiving morning. That was always part of the fun of the day...to scope out the ads with family and plot where you go or what you see for ideas even if you aren't going out shopping that day. Getting them ahead of time really seems to take the fun out of it!!!
I agree, I always loved opening the paper and spreading all the ads out and all the ladies in the family get notebooks out to plan out our Black Friday strategy. This year hasn't felt the same with all the stores starting early (including their decorations) and opening at 3 and 4 a.m., it's just a little much. There is no way I'm getting up that early especially with my kids.

It was nice to hear Nordstrom come out and say they are saving decorations for the traditional day after Thanksgiving. I'm happy that ACOT has kept a surprise as well for those of us who like the day after surprise!

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

Well, Call me weird but I always like them early maybe not a whole week Early but the day before Thanksgiving.. Thanksgiving day is too busy for me to even think about looking up ads. If i don't see it before I just don't go on Black friday. I like to plan things out but don't want to take away from Family time or cooking time to go look/plan for a shopping day. Maybe if it was more of a family thing like the ladies above posted because that does seem like a fun tradition. I don't mind Acot waiting because I know i'm coming here no matter what, lol but I hope they don't wait till Thanksgiving day!

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Well, I'm not likely to go fight the crowds but I might do some shopping online. Either way I think it's awesome to be able to think and plan and comparison shop ahead of time!! The people who don't want to know don't have to look early, right? ;)
Image Image

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

if you like, Old Navy is open at Midnight! Now, what's on sale there that is worth getting there at midnight? Especially since they deals are also online??

I like looking at the paper ads....but it's a struggle to get the paper since we get ours in the mail and there is no mail...so we have to go hunt one down along with the rest of the county!
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

beachlover

Cherry Addict

part of my family's Thanksgiving tradition is for us girls to sit down with coffee or wine after dinner and go through the ads and plot our Black Friday moves / times :winkb: We always go out shopping and have lunch together before heading home, dead tired by 1 pm... this year will be tricky; I am seeing stores opening at midning, 3, 4, 5 am... why bother sleeping??? And by the time we get home shopping Friday, we are all ready to call it a night! It's a love/hate thing :winkb: :-D
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

PezKat wrote:Well, I'm not likely to go fight the crowds but I might do some shopping online. Either way I think it's awesome to be able to think and plan and comparison shop ahead of time!! The people who don't want to know don't have to look early, right? ;)
Lol!! Good point they don't have to look and the early starters would be happy too lol everyone would win! It is exciting wondering what the sale will be but now I'm ready to know! Lol

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I have only ever done the whole BF thing 1 time and that was 2 years ago. I HATED it. Walmart was a madhouse and people touching me from the front back and sides, taking 1 step at a time, being rammed in the butt with a cart over and over. And what I went for was sold out at within 5 minutes of opening. I was ticked! So we went a couple other places, and we were home by 6:30 am. I jumped online and bought the xbox 360 that was on sale at the store for the same price, free shipping. So last year, I did all my shopping online.
***Tanya***

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

gonecamping wrote:I have only ever done the whole BF thing 1 time and that was 2 years ago. I HATED it. Walmart was a madhouse and people touching me from the front back and sides, taking 1 step at a time, being rammed in the butt with a cart over and over. And what I went for was sold out at within 5 minutes of opening. I was ticked! So we went a couple other places, and we were home by 6:30 am. I jumped online and bought the xbox 360 that was on sale at the store for the same price, free shipping. So last year, I did all my shopping online.

Did all my shopping last year on line too. Hate crowds. Unfortunately I will probably have to go out Fri morning for a dishwasher.

And honestly, if a sale starts at 3 or 4am and I planned on going, being the night owl that I am I would just stay up.

ImageImage Image Image  

sakura-panda

Cherry Blossom

I like to plan out my Black Friday in one sitting, so even though I'm on the BFAds mailing list, I still wait until Thanksgiving to go through the ads. We don't subscribe to the paper, so one of our rituals is running out in the morning trying to find a paper -- I've driven as far as 10 miles to get one! After working all week, we just don't seem to want to get up and out early enough in the morning.
~ Katie ~

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I go to my lss and crop all day. It sure beats the craziness and she has special sales too. It is very relaxing and fun. I've only been out once in my life shopping early and did not like it. I hate crowds and standing in line.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee