We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Gift hiding...
Anyone else hide gifts....and then have trouble finding them?

Last Xmas I ordered this very cool fiber optic butterfly nightlight from e-bay for Abby. it arrived...and as I wrapped gifts she had more than her brother...can't do that. So I set it aside for her birthay 10 mo. later. It should be in the large enclosed storage shelving in our basement...in fact, I know it is. I started looking for it a few days ago while getting some other items out, and did not come across it readily. I know it's there somewhere...maybe with the Xmas stuff. I need to find it by Sunday morning. Ha! Wish me luck!!

Anyone else have a great place to hide gifts...but you do it so well it becomes a challenge when needed?

BTW - our little girl will be 8 - hard to believe. I do wonder what her birthmother thinks about every year about this time...she must think about the little girl she gave up, right? God bless her heart!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Gift hiding...
I have!!! butthis year we FINALLY have a house and a garage and I have everything under a blanket in the garage! I haven't lost naything yet, but I am sure that day will come~and I bet her birthmother thinks of her every year and hopes she is having a fabulous birthday with the family that she loves~
Image~Angie~

runawaygypsy

Cherry Blossom

Nope... no problem here! All the gifts that are important to be kept hidden go under our bed (which is not open, it's got a platform you have to lift up to get to the empty storage inside).

ncokely

Cherry Cola

I lose things all the time, because I have to change the hiding places and then I forget the new place!!!!

I do exactly the same things to even the boys Christmas amounts up and then start hiding for one birthday in January and one birthday in March.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

scrappyjo

Cherry Blossom

one thing i use to buy my girls is underwear and socks..its a funny gift but we all need them right ? Well at wrapping time i couldnt find them...:? WAS very sad .. had to go buy more .... that was probably 5 - 6 years ago and to this day i have not found them yet ..wherever they are they are in a walmart bag with a dvd of charlie brown christmas.....the only thing i can guess is they got thrown out in the trash by mistake ...YIKES...................... I always forget where i hid at least one present every year ............I have a storge in my bed that is where i hide things until it gets full.........

GOOD LUCK ...............
Scrappyjo

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

OH yeah..........

I found stuff when we were moving that I'd bought years ago......
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

gine

Cherry Garcia

I hide the gifts every year....and almost every year I'll find something later on that I forgot about
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Happy Birthday to Abby!! I bet her mother thinks of her daughter every year and thanks God that a wonderful family took her to raise as their own. Even though I'm sure it was hard on her, we ALL want only what's best for our children. She made a wise decision.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

usually we hide in our neighbors garage and vice versa... it works great. I have awesome neighbors!

though I did recently find some "stocking stuffers" in the bottom of a bag in the back of my closet...just lip gloss and a slinky.

Janell

Cherry Cola

RitaS wrote:

BTW - our little girl will be 8 - hard to believe. I do wonder what her birthmother thinks about every year about this time...she must think about the little girl she gave up, right? God bless her heart!

Birth moms who give their babies up for adoption are angels. What a courageous decision. You are so sweet to think of her as you celebrate Abby's birthday. I think Adoption is a miracle and it has blessed my life too.

And as far as hiding the gifts, I loose gifts I hide all the time, I need a new method!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Yep, I've had this happen. I found some Easter items just last week - I know I didn't buy them for this past Easter...
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

cort

Cherry Bing

I always buy in advance and hide things and something gets lost. True story though, i was going thru my gift stash and picked up this candle holder that was in a plain old garbage bag...I went to Dh and was like "who did we buy this for? I don't remember"

His reply "I bought that for you." ;)

When we were growing up my brother always liked to snoop. I didn't, I love a surprise. But we had one of those huge chest freezers in the basement that wasn't being used anymore (unlplugged and empty). well my brother knew that it was never locked and then one day it was...so he realized that that is where they hid the presents.
ImageImage

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

LOL - I'malways coming across gifts that I carefully set aside for a later date - then forgot about
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

My mother used to hide the presents in locked luggage. Only she knew where the keys were or what the combination on the lock was.

Lynda

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

I hide in the closet, but lately is sooo full I can hardly get in there! I am thinking about wrapping them now and going to put them in our storage unit till christmas. It's less than a black from the house, so it wouldn't be an inconvience.
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Good luck finding it!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

scrap-o-holic

Cherry Bing

janello wrote:
RitaS wrote:

Birth moms who give their babies up for adoption are angels. What a courageous decision. You are so sweet to think of her as you celebrate Abby's birthday. I think Adoption is a miracle and it has blessed my life too.

And as far as hiding the gifts, I loose gifts I hide all the time, I need a new method!
As a mother who gave a child up for adoption, believe me, we DO think about our children not only on their birthday but more than you'll ever know. I don't regret my decision but he's always in my heart!
Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour might actually turn out to be a retard in tin foil!

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

Wow...a two-topic thread!

I had a hiding place when the kids were little...that I still will use and mine are teens. As far as I know...they don't know where it is! Growing up...I was never a snooper (still am not)....but my brother and sister were. My brother actually unwrapped gifts, re-wrapped and re-taped them...and one day I caught my sister's butt in the air when she was snooping under my parents' bed. I always wanted to be surprised!!! So...it was funny....when even a few years ago, I had gone to the basement to work....and then I heard someone coming down the hallway...and "stopped" in the living room...so I snuck up the stairs ever so quietly and caught my son "looking" at the presents...lifting and shaking some....that I "surprised" him......and we both laughed so hard about it!!! :-D (He STILL remembers that to this day!!!)

As for adoptions....wonderful things done from both sides. All I can say is that things happen for a reason!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

scrap-o-holic wrote:
janello wrote:
RitaS wrote:

As a mother who gave a child up for adoption, believe me, we DO think about our children not only on their birthday but more than you'll ever know. I don't regret my decision but he's always in my heart!
My brother is adopted...and I thank his birth mother every day. He was adopted by my parents in 1957, and at that time was "hard to place" because he was "old." He was 22 months old....perfectly healthy. I have 3 others siblings, 2 brothers and a sister, but he was always seemed to be the one who know what I needed as I was growing up. I am so grateful to his birth mother....for giving my my big brother.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Well ladies...her birthday has come and gone and the gift did not surface. I cannot imagine!! At one time I recall thinking "gee, I've been using this hiding space for years - maybe the kids have figured it out and I should move things..." - well that would be a dumb move on my part!

Then I had a brilliant moment - I was certain (that because I go through gift misplacement each Christmas) that I had created a Word document that tells me where things are hidden. i am sure of it, in fact. Problem is - I searched and searched the PC and could not find the document. Urgh.

Abby got her Star Wars Clone Wars books and Magic Schoolbus books that she wanted, and a blingy princess bible case so she is happy -my goal is to find the very cool fiberoptic nightlight in time for Christmas!;)
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee