Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

This was really strange - need your thoughts
Baby Bump is now 26 months old.

Last night her mother called me so that Lisa (aka Baby Bump) could tell me about the birthday party she'd been to that day.

Before she let me talk to her she told me about something that had just happened a few minutes before.

Lisa has an old cell phone that doesn't work - she 'calls' people on it and chats.

Last night she was playing with it and she brought it to Mike - she said, "It's you daddy."

Mike took it and talked to the phone saying, "Hi daddy - how are you? What are you doing? "

Then Lisa took it back and said, "Hi Grandpa - it's ME!"

Lisa calls Bud "Yeya" (because he looks like the grandfather in a cartoon about a little Chinese girl - and her grandfather is in it - and Grandfather in Chinese is YeYe) She calls Betsy's dad, Abulito - Spanish for grandfather.

It gave me goosebumps when Betsy told me this story - it was as if she were communicating with John!

My cousin is visiting and she called and told her mother . Aunt Rose believes that children can see and hear things that adults don't.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

Re: This was really strange - need your thoughts
Gloria, reading that gave me goosebumps! and yes, I do believe that children can see and talk to spirits of our loved ones. One of my granddaughters has done it and when she was a baby, she used to stare at the ceiling in one corner of the room as if she was seeing someone. She would always turn her head that way.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

runawaygypsy

Cherry Blossom

Wow! Anyone that is sensitive to spiritual things can see things others can't, and I believe children and animals are the most spiritual of all. We live in the house my grandma lived in when she passed and my son has her bedroom... shortly after we moved in here, he got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and saw her in the living room. She walked past him in the hallway and went in his room and laid down. He went to the bathroom and when he went back in his room, she was gone. We think that she was his guardian angel because my youngest uncle was killed in a car accident when he was 4 years old and she never really recovered from that loss... Charlie was the next boy to be born in the family, so naturally, she felt it her duty to make sure he remained safe.

scraptag

Cherry Cola

so, just to clarify...Mike's dad is deceased? And you are remarried? So BBump was talking to Mike's dad? It could very well be, and even if you all asked if she could hear and see the person, she might not be able to give you a definitive answer. Or, she might have figured out that bud could not be mike's real dad and just made the leap in her head. Kids are smart, and knowing what you have said about her, I'm sure she is smart as a whip!
Maybe your dil could take some video of her playing in her room to see if she has other "experiences". That would be cool

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Yes - My husband, John, is Mike's father (and Mike is the spitting image of his dad!)

John died 15 1/2 years ago.

I didn't think that at 2 she could figure out about her daddy's dad.

Bud's grandson was about 5 when he asked Bud if he'd ever had kids - didn't realize that his mom was his grandfather's daughter.

Since she is only two her vocabulary is still limited. When she was 20 months old she was getting a double ear infection - but of course, didn't know how to say she was 'sick'. She kept telling her mommy that she was 'sad' (I saaaaaaaaaaad, Mommy. I saaaaaaaaad) It wasn't until she ran a fever that they realized that she was sick.

scraptag wrote:so, just to clarify...Mike's dad is deceased? And you are remarried? So BBump was talking to Mike's dad? It could very well be, and even if you all asked if she could hear and see the person, she might not be able to give you a definitive answer. Or, she might have figured out that bud could not be mike's real dad and just made the leap in her head. Kids are smart, and knowing what you have said about her, I'm sure she is smart as a whip!
Maybe your dil could take some video of her playing in her room to see if she has other "experiences". That would be cool

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

It could be just coincidence? My boys always played on the phone like they were calling "grandma" and "grandpa"'s. She doesn't know that he has past, but to you guys it seems strange because he has.
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Queen Mum wrote:Yes - My husband, John, is Mike's father (and Mike is the spitting image of his dad!)

John died 15 1/2 years ago.

I didn't think that at 2 she could figure out about her daddy's dad.

Bud's grandson was about 5 when he asked Bud if he'd ever had kids - didn't realize that his mom was his grandfather's daughter.

Since she is only two her vocabulary is still limited. When she was 20 months old she was getting a double ear infection - but of course, didn't know how to say she was 'sick'. She kept telling her mommy that she was 'sad' (I saaaaaaaaaaad, Mommy. I saaaaaaaaad) It wasn't until she ran a fever that they realized that she was sick.

scraptag wrote:so, just to clarify...Mike's dad is deceased? And you are remarried? So BBump was talking to Mike's dad? It could very well be, and even if you all asked if she could hear and see the person, she might not be able to give you a definitive answer. Or, she might have figured out that bud could not be mike's real dad and just made the leap in her head. Kids are smart, and knowing what you have said about her, I'm sure she is smart as a whip!

Aw! That's so sad about her ears. My friend is really into homeopathics and natural healing, and gave me an ear monitor/scope thingy that has a light so you can see into the ear. That has really helped me know when my kids have ear infections, but again, you really wouldn't know until they start having a fever, unless they are rubbing their ears a lot or something. And I totally see the point about the relationships. Maybe you guys could get pictures and see if she recognizes everyone, and then accidentally call Bud 'grandpa' and see if she notices. I think this is worth looking at to see if she truly did have an encounter.

Nunina

Cherry Berry

I believe they do know. My father says I used to "play" with my dead grandmother when I was around that age. He had a picture of her hanging on his bedroom and I would sit in front of it and play with my grandmother. He says I would also carry on conversations with her, answering her as if she was talking to me. He got so spooked he put the picture away. The weirdest thing? The picture got lost and we have never been able to find it after that.

So, yes, I believe they can talk to people that has passed. If we don't make a big deal out of it, it's not scary. It is us adults that weird it out.

Good luck!
ImageImageImageImageImage
From Puerto Rico, now living in Texas! 
My Blog: In This Little Corner
Image ImageImage

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

The thing is, no one she knows is called "grandpa"

We haven't called Bud Grandpa since she was about 17 months old and insisted on calling him Yeya

AmyTeets wrote:It could be just coincidence? My boys always played on the phone like they were calling "grandma" and "grandpa"'s. She doesn't know that he has past, but to you guys it seems strange because he has.

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

I, too, be;ive that some people, including children, can communicate with those no longer on Earth. My granddaughter communicates with animals.
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

joeybrat2

Cherry Blossom

I completley agree that children can see/talk to those loved ones that have passed on. My little one, "talks" to my son (2.5 that passed over a year and half ago) she calls him by name and points. She never met him, I found out I was pregnant with her just before he passed away. She also has this kind of "Speak" that she does, only to his picture or things that were his.

We are taught as children that these things don't exist, we grow up not remembering the things we saw, people we talked to. It's sad, but that's how it works. I hope my kids embrace this and continue on with it.
×÷·.·´¯`·)»Joey«(·´¯`·.·÷×

dshepard

Cherry Bing

My parents said I talked to my grandpa (my dad's dad) after he passed when I was 3. I don't remember it, but it was especially creepy when I told my dad that he wanted me to go with him (my grandpa). They also have several stories of me around that age and a little older and I knew things were going to happen before they did. My dad wanted to help me develop the gift but it freaked my mom out and she just wanted it to go away. And it did. Don't remember any of it.
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I completely believe that children and animals pick up things that we as adults do not...partly because we have become biased that such things "don't happen." My youngest son used to talk to someone in my oldest daughter's bedroom....not long conversations, but a couple of exchanges. That stopped as he got older, but he remembers it even now. My brother has had some experiences that confirm this belief as well. I like to think that my mom and dad are watching over me and my kids even now, 31 and 4 years after their deaths.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

MarthaT

Sweet Cherry Pie

I too think children are often more open to the spiritual realm
ImageImage

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

or at her age, it could just be her kids imagination and saying names that come easy to her or that she hears often.

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

My dad died back in 1992. My oldest nephew was born in 1999. We rarely talk about dad, but it does come up sometimes. And when Ethan was old enough to talk, he used to tell us all about Grandpa Dave and how he wanted do stuff with him and be with him and all that stuff. And some nights, my sister would have trouble getting him to sleep because he would be having actual fits because he missed grandpa dave so much. Then just recently my 6 year old nephew went through a period where he was missing grandpa dave and would tell us that he was his favorite grandpa, etc. So yes, I believe that kids see and now more than us adults.
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

I love these stories!

Lynda

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

I think there's something to it also. My girls will tell me things about my mom who they never met. I don't even have a picture of her out (due to not having anything on my walls yet).

After my mil passed, my youngest would frequently be in her room talking to her.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee