We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

I have KRAFT phobia now!!
I admit it...I like Kraft paper for a background. But not too long ago I was chatting with someone and she mentioned how she HATES Kraft cardstock, and ever since then I have had this phobia about using it! Not because she said MY layouts on Kraft are ugly, but I just keep looking at it thinking maybe I should use white, or brown or plain tan instead of kraft! LOL! Is that not the most ridiculous thing? This was someone who is supposedly my friend...NOT anyone here. I'm sorry I made anyone, specifically Leslie, feel like it was them. I'm really sorry.
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

averys_mom

Cherry Cola

Re: I have KRAFT phobia now!!
Your layouts are ALL beautiful, no matter what your background is, so get that thought out of your head right now! Then go browse Laura Fiore's gallery for a bit and see how beautiful kraft can be!!! ;)

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

averys_mom wrote:Your layouts are ALL beautiful, no matter what your background is, so get that thought out of your head right now! Then go browse Laura Fiore's gallery for a bit and see how beautiful kraft can be!!! ;)

LOL...oh I already stalk Laura's gallery!! LOL!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

I like to mix it up--but I am really loving the kraft backgounds also! I think the papers/colors just pop off of it! Plus, I just really love it for beachy and summer los!

So--get that little thought out of your head and keep creating with what you love! (Though I have done the same thing when people have said things also....)

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Are you kidding?! I love how colors just pop off the kraft backgrounds that I see in the gallery. Seeing all of the wonderful pages in there has inspired me to give it a try myself one of these days!

ImageImage Image Image  

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Hey, I love those Kraft papers! Why would you want to change? That was her opinion, does not make it right or wrong. If you have always loved them, keep on going!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I think your layouts are gorgeous! Besides, that's the beauty of this hobby, that we all do it a little differently and with a different style. Different doesn't make something wrong! Continue to do what makes YOU happy! Because that sure makes the rest of us happy to enjoy your layouts.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

No way! Your scrapbooking ROCKS!!! I love kraft paper too. We all have our own styles and they may not be what other people would do, but that shouldn't keep you from creating your own way!!
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

KRAFT is cool because YOU use it so well!

Lynda

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I adore Kraft paper! just think how adding it to, say a turquise blue would really make that blue pop! it fits so many different scrappy circumstances!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

HEY! I said kraft was sooooo 2009! And it is! But I still use it! I can't believe I made you kraft-phobic!

SEEE!? And I was also talking about how I was getting sick of the lines that are made with ALL kraft paper. But I don't hate Kraft! By the way, that last layout is ironic, huh??
Leslie

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I love kraft paper. It's what I use most.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

See the power you have Leslie? But honestly, it wasn't even you I was referring to. This is a person I met online years ago when I first started scrapping. We used to make and sell paper piecings together on Ebay. She stops at my blog quite often and instead of posting her comments, she sends me emails and we talk back and forth. SHE said she HATES IT...says it looks dirty, that its my way of making an easy layout because its too much work to make another pp work. And I admit it...I don;'t always use a pp as a whole background. I usually use white or Kraft. Last night after I had talked to her about my Ireland Busch Gardens layout she went off again about why do I always ruin my layouts by putting them on dirty paper. I got sorta pissed because I worked 2 hours on that layout and I NEVER spend that much time on a layout! I know that this person is very opinionated....she has voiced her opinion on other issues in my personal life that have upset me too...but I also think that she is an amazing scrapper and the ability to make an incredible layout just comes naturally to her. So I guess when she criticizes my work, I start to second guess things. And combine that with not only you saying that but I listen to a scrapbooking podcast and last week THEY mentioned something about the over use of Kraft paper! So I guess I was over sensitive!! I am sorry that you thought I meant you!! For those who have never met Leslie, she is as fun in real life as she is here and I would NEVER say something to hurt your feelings!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

SusanZenn wrote:See the power you have Leslie? But honestly, it wasn't even you I was referring to. This is a person I met online years ago when I first started scrapping. We used to make and sell paper piecings together on Ebay. She stops at my blog quite often and instead of posting her comments, she sends me emails and we talk back and forth. SHE said she HATES IT...says it looks dirty, that its my way of making an easy layout because its too much work to make another pp work. And I admit it...I don;'t always use a pp as a whole background. I usually use white or Kraft. Last night after I had talked to her about my Ireland Busch Gardens layout she went off again about why do I always ruin my layouts by putting them on dirty paper. I got sorta pissed because I worked 2 hours on that layout and I NEVER spend that much time on a layout! I know that this person is very opinionated....she has voiced her opinion on other issues in my personal life that have upset me too...but I also think that she is an amazing scrapper and the ability to make an incredible layout just comes naturally to her. So I guess when she criticizes my work, I start to second guess things. And combine that with not only you saying that but I listen to a scrapbooking podcast and last week THEY mentioned something about the over use of Kraft paper! So I guess I was over sensitive!! I am sorry that you thought I meant you!! For those who have never met Leslie, she is as fun in real life as she is here and I would NEVER say something to hurt your feelings!
WHEW! I'm in the clear! Your friend is kind of a butt head! You should "accententally" spill soda on her next layout!
Leslie

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

SusanZenn wrote:See the power you have Leslie? But honestly, it wasn't even you I was referring to. This is a person I met online years ago when I first started scrapping. We used to make and sell paper piecings together on Ebay. She stops at my blog quite often and instead of posting her comments, she sends me emails and we talk back and forth. SHE said she HATES IT...says it looks dirty, that its my way of making an easy layout because its too much work to make another pp work. And I admit it...I don;'t always use a pp as a whole background. I usually use white or Kraft. Last night after I had talked to her about my Ireland Busch Gardens layout she went off again about why do I always ruin my layouts by putting them on dirty paper. I got sorta pissed because I worked 2 hours on that layout and I NEVER spend that much time on a layout! I know that this person is very opinionated....she has voiced her opinion on other issues in my personal life that have upset me too...but I also think that she is an amazing scrapper and the ability to make an incredible layout just comes naturally to her. So I guess when she criticizes my work, I start to second guess things. And combine that with not only you saying that but I listen to a scrapbooking podcast and last week THEY mentioned something about the over use of Kraft paper! So I guess I was over sensitive!! I am sorry that you thought I meant you!! For those who have never met Leslie, she is as fun in real life as she is here and I would NEVER say something to hurt your feelings!

Wow. I would be really upset if one of my 'friends' said this about my work. I love kraft paper and I'm sorry-I think you do a wonderful job with it!! And you do use patterned paper to accent and it looks awesome. Not everyone likes pp for backgrounds (I am one of them-I think they look to busy and take away from the photos.) Again...just because you don't do it like she does it, doesn't make your work any less outstanding. You are an amazing scrapbooker!

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

I think the Ireland layout is especially perfect for kraft paper. I admire those that use it because I NEVER do. I just sort of don't think about it I guess. I don't even think I own any.

Love the layout

Sometimes people are so passive agressive and they don't even realize they are hurting feelings. My mother can wipe your confidence out in 10 seconds with an "oh you're wearing that" or "I thought you blah blah blah".

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

SWAY2865 wrote:I think the Ireland layout is especially perfect for kraft paper. I admire those that use it because I NEVER do. I just sort of don't think about it I guess. I don't even think I own any.

Love the layout

Sometimes people are so passive agressive and they don't even realize they are hurting feelings. My mother can wipe your confidence out in 10 seconds with an "oh you're wearing that" or "I thought you blah blah blah".

Mom's. Ugh. This conversation actually reminds me of my mother because she hates my digital work. She says it's not "real" scrapbooking. :? I try not to let it bug me, and whenever I make something for her, I always use regular scrappy supplies.

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

I just went and looked at your gallery. What's the difference if you use a kraft background vs a blue background like in the layout right below the ireland one? I think your friend has some wacky kraft paper aversion and that's HER problem, not yours! I think a kraft paper background looks great with certain colors and really makes things pop. That's just rude that she says these things to you. I would never tell a friend I didn't like her style or layouts. Everyone has their own likes and ways of doing things. There's no right or wrong way to scrap! BTW... I love your style and enjoy looking at your layouts. Your friend is nuts!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

msseptmbr

Cherry Blossom

Kraft rocks! you're fabulous! she must have scrap envy

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

But then that would make it DIRTY!!!!!! ROFL!!

lilkoala3 wrote:
WHEW! I'm in the clear! Your friend is kind of a butt head! You should "accententally" spill soda on her next layout!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee