can't believe how they push the holidays

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

can't believe how they push the holidays

Post by scrapaholic »

they are opening all the halloween shops around here. Too early, not even fall yet.
Have a coke and a smile!Image
aceason
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 723

Re: can't believe how they push the holidays

Post by aceason »

Wow, that seems really early! I get why craft stores do, because projects can take some time but the costume stores? Crazy!
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

Businesses are desperate for customers to spend!

Lynda
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Several of our stores already have Christmas stuff out!
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

Well I don't like to see the holidays over commercialized either, but at the same time as a crafter I appreciate that they put out the Christmas and Halloween stuff now because I like to start making the kids costumes, etc for Halloween (I like to sew) and I like to make gifts for Christmas and if the Christmas crafts and paper weren't out now then I would never finish before December 25th.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Our grocery has Halloween candy out!
Image Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

janello wrote:Well I don't like to see the holidays over commercialized either, but at the same time as a crafter I appreciate that they put out the Christmas and Halloween stuff now because I like to start making the kids costumes, etc for Halloween (I like to sew) and I like to make gifts for Christmas and if the Christmas crafts and paper weren't out now then I would never finish before December 25th.
I don't mind the craft parts being out, but the Christmas trees and ornaments (the finished ones, not the craft ones) were out at Hobby Lobby the end of July!!! That's wwaaaaayyyyyy too early!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

My boyfriend told me today that Target (at least the one here) is prepping to have some Christmas stuff out the SECOND WEEK IN SEPTEMBER. Say whaaaaaaaaaat?!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

I know, it is CRAZY. I was in Michaels yesterday and their halloween stuff was out everywhere.
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

amberella wrote:My boyfriend told me today that Target (at least the one here) is prepping to have some Christmas stuff out the SECOND WEEK IN SEPTEMBER. Say whaaaaaaaaaat?!

as long as they don't start piping in the christmas music then, I am ok with it, sort of.
Karenscraps
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 115

Post by Karenscraps »

I don't like to see it out so early but I feel that with the economy that if its out early people will buy when they have the extra money. I love idea of the crafty stuff coming out early but I tend to buy that stuff after the holiday has passed when everything is on clearance.
Karen Y.

I haven't been an active paper crafter for a while and want to get back in the swing of things!
Alissa103
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 33

Post by Alissa103 »

They've had a Halloween costume store here open since JUNE. What?!

But yes, I do like seeing craft materials and decor out a little early so there's still time to create with it.
Chan138
Cherry Blossom

Post by Chan138 »

It's a bit ridiculous, yes, but I must say, I love looking at all the Halloween and Christmas stuff, and I'm so glad they put they're crafting supplies out so early!
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

My daughter saw Halloween stuff out at Cracker Barrel Saturday night, and a Christmas tree. And they are featuring a "holiday special" on their menu now.
scrapscot
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 865

Post by scrapscot »

Yeah, the craft stuff I get...but it's way too early for the other stuff. Even as a retailer myself (A Scottish shop), I don't like it out this early.
Image Charlene
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

That is just crazy. It was 104 temp here today. Not even thinking about Halloween yet.
Image ImageImage

Scrappin13
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 116

Post by Scrappin13 »

It's crazy isn't it!!! I went into Hobby Lobby last month and all the Christmas stuff was out already. Now that is just insane!
Molly
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Ack! I hate that. I'm all about planning for future but pushing the holidays irks me so much.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Post by pawprints »

I can see the craft stores having stuff out, that makes sense, but last week I was in Babies 'R' Us with my granddaughter and they had all the little kiddie Halloween costumes out! The second week in August!!! It is just too soon to be seeing all that stuff!

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

Sorry, but I would TOTALLY be scouring every one of them! Our Party America is getting in bits and pieces and I feel the urge to stop by every day to see if they have added anything! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!! Can you upload some pics so I can live vicariously through you? :greenwinkb:
Becky

Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”