Journaling idea...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 5

Journaling idea...

Post by tinkerbelldani »

I saw a layout with Color swatches (is that what you call the paint color samples?) used for journaling. It was so cool, I never saw that before. Have any of you seen it or used them?
ImageDani

shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Re: Journaling idea...

Post by shayla_rose »

I have seen them but never used them, I did see one on a card that looked cute but not sure I'd ever try it. journaling seems like a cool idea though!
RitaS
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 299

Post by RitaS »

I have. Menards probably cringed when they saw me going in there and taking swatches...with no intention of painting.

I did a mini album once about colors, and how each makes me feel. I journaled on a color swatch strip for each color. You have to keep in mind the surface...if it is not matte you will need a slick writer so the writing does not smear.

I have not used paint swatches in probably a couple of years, because there are now so many nice journaling cards available. I have noticed the paint swatches have even become quite large...and perhaps could go through your printer, but I have no tried that. If you feel you cannot write straight you could stamp journaling lines (lots of acrylic journaling stamps out there) and use Staz On ink for a crisp line.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by tinkerbelldani »

I did use the ones that have the Mickey Mouse shape for journaling but not the others.
ImageDani

lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 785

Post by lilkoala3 »

The whole paint chip thing was popular around 2004. You're a little late to the party, Woman! :-D :-D :-D :-D
Leslie
tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by tinkerbelldani »

lilkoala3 wrote:The whole paint chip thing was popular around 2004. You're a little late to the party, Woman! :-D :-D :-D :-D
;) Where was I....LOL
ImageDani

Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

I've got some . . . used some, and have a drawer full of them. I never thought about journaling on them. Good idea.
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Hum, I would never have thought to use them for journaling, but I can see how that would be different. Now my mind is going crazy trying to think of some other uses for them. You've got me started now. LOL
Image ImageImage

msseptmbr
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 45

Post by msseptmbr »

really great idea !!

Return to “General Talk”