Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

Don't Know What To Do... **UPDATED**
UPDATE: I called my step mom last night and asked about coming over on Sunday to see the baby. She said that would be fine. I'll probably go in the morning so I don't have to obsess about it all day, LOL! And yes, I'll post the pics on Monday! Thanks for helping me out, ladies!

Okay, so my half-sister was born on June 30th - some of you might recall me mentioning that my dad and my step-mom were expecting. I had already not really been talking to them due to a falling out we had, but I sucked it up and helped my SIL throw them a baby shower.

My SIL called me when Athina was born. No word from my dad or step-mom. My SIL called me when Athina came home from the hospital (she needed surgery after she was born). No word from my dad or step-mom. I still haven't heard from them, almost a month later. Though they did tuck a photo into Xander's birthday card.

I have mixed emotions on this whole thing, and I don't know if I should wait for my dad to contact me, or if I should call over about seeing the baby. I want to see her...and I don't. It's very confusing.

Thoughts or suggestions?? Please?
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Re: Don't Know What To Do...
Wow that's tough Cass. :? Well, maybe you could call your dad and thank him for sending the picture inside Xander's card and let the convo go from there? Ask how she's doing. Maybe he'll invite you to come see her then. If things have been not so fab between you, I think I'd wait for him to say come over, but I'd definitely call.

That has to be *so* weird to have a baby sister at our age.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I don't know, I'm one to call (figuring they are so busy with a new baby that they aren't really thinking of calling). What would it hurt to call and let him know you are thinking of him and his baby? I say be the bigger person and make that call!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

I hate being the bigger person. ::pouts::
Cassandra
ImageImageImage

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Oh my goodness, this has to be so awkward for you... :waiting: If it were me, I would definitely wait to be invited, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't send a congratulatory card or give them a call or something... then maybe they'd realize that you do care, and ask you to come over and visit?.... But in the meantime, don't beat yourself up over it... :)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

sherry

Cherry Bing

Well, a new baby is very tiring as we know, and you mentioned she had to have surgery after being born, which would be very worrisome, so I think I'd try to take the high road on this one- give a call, ask how she is doing, go from there.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

hmmm... definitely very confusing! I am thinking their sticking the baby's pic in Xander's card is a way of reaching out and now the ball is in your court, essentially... so, if you want to mend fences, now is the time and the perfect opportunity :-D do it for Xander :winkb: and the cute little baby!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

baltoscrapper wrote:I don't know, I'm one to call (figuring they are so busy with a new baby that they aren't really thinking of calling). What would it hurt to call and let him know you are thinking of him and his baby? I say be the bigger person and make that call!
I was thinking the EXACT same thing.
Leslie

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

baltoscrapper wrote:I don't know, I'm one to call (figuring they are so busy with a new baby that they aren't really thinking of calling). What would it hurt to call and let him know you are thinking of him and his baby? I say be the bigger person and make that call!
ditto :)
Image~Angie~

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Definitely can see why you are 2nd guessing this. No one said relationships are easy, they take work for sure. I am definitely in agreement with others to take the higher road - keep us posted!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I don't know all the details that have transpired between you and your family, but I will tell you how I handled a situation in my family. I have a brother whom I rarely see and that never responds to anything I send him. After both of my parents passed away and many tears shed from not getting any responses from him, I came to terms with the way things are. However, I
still call him and invite him to all family functions in hope that he comes. If I didn't do this, I would live with many regrets for a long time. At this point in my life, I have made every effort to keep in touch with he and his family and I don't regret that. What I do regret is not really knowing my nieces and nephews. Life is so short and unpredictable that we should make every effort to mend the past even if the other party is not as receptive. At least I have some peace of mind that I tried. That's all anyone can do.

I don' t know if this helps you or not, but I will pray that God can help you to discern what the right thing is for you to do.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

I agree with the others. I mean, maybe he is thinking the same thing you are and he is waiting on you. I can't imagine being in your situation. I am sure it is rough. I hope you are able to call them. I would want the relationship with my sister if nothing else.
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I think the others are probably right, though I'd be gritting my teeth through the entire call. Sometimes families just suck.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

Judy in NM

Cherry Garcia

Oh my, that is a tough situation. I'd have to agree with the others though - and grit your teeth - and make the call. (((Hugs)))
~~ Judy ~~

denisescrap

Cherry Blossom

It's not the baby's fault dad and sm are butt heads, just be there for you new sister and good luck
kings1.gif" border="0" alt="LA kings Pictures, Images and Photos"/></a>

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I can see how difficult this situation would be. My sister and I are kind of on the outs right now, but neither of us calls the other. I think since he at least sent the picture, it wouldn't hurt to pick up the phone and at least call. You can decided at that point where it goes from there, but at least you can say that YOU made the effort.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

nun69 wrote:
ditto :)

I think the same thing. Similar thing happening in my family but between my nephew and my parents. Good luck!
***Tanya***

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

I think he may have taken the first step by tucking a photo in. I agree with the others. Make the call. :D (and good luck!)
Chrissy

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

JeanG wrote:I think the others are probably right, though I'd be gritting my teeth through the entire call. Sometimes families just suck.

(((HUGS)))
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

Boy, you guys are ruthless! LOL! Seriously, though, thanks for the understanding and the input. I probably will give them a call, much as it pains me to do so. Thanks for the support, ladies! :inlove:
Cassandra
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee