Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

sherry

Cherry Bing

Martha Stewart Punches
I have several MS punches. I used the heart one (edge punch) today for the first time- it's awful. It doesn't cut the paper cleanly, even tho" I punched it twice in same spot, I had rip the stuff out of it and then take a little pick and clean it out- I cut many times to be sure I was doing it right. I think I got it here at ACOT. Does anyone have the heart edger and if so, does it work? And does ACOT take returns?

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Martha Stewart Punches
Is it the one with the scalloped edge and the hearts? I have that one it it is one of my favs I use it alot.
ImageImage 

sherry

Cherry Bing

Yes- that's the one. I love it too, but mine does not work right at all and I can't use it.

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have several martha punches, and none of them have given me any trouble. Have you done the trick where you punch through tin foil? You might want to try that. It's supposed to "sharpen" dull punches, but it might work for you too.
Leslie

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

after punching through foil, punch a couple time through waxed paper as well. makes it sharper first and then slicker. good luck

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

I have had no trouble with that one. The only one that has given me trouble was one I bought at Walmart awhile back. Have you tried contacting the company if the above suggestions don't work? What kind of paper did you try to punch through?

sherry

Cherry Bing

I will try the suggestions. I was not punching through cardstock, just regular scrapbook paper, about the weight of, maybe a tad heavier, of copy paper.

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

I would say something is probably wrong with it then! Maybe try contacting the company if you haven't had it very long. Sometimes they are defective!

runmommy

Cherry Blossom

I had trouble with one of the punch around the page sets I bought at WM. I emailed the company and they sent me a replacement.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I have a lot of MS punches and I don't have trouble with any of them, including some heart edged ones.

ImageImage Image Image  

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

sherry wrote:I will try the suggestions. I was not punching through cardstock, just regular scrapbook paper, about the weight of, maybe a tad heavier, of copy paper.

I find I have this difficulty when i punch through thinner paper, like you described! Often i will just grab a piece of printer paper when i first get a punch to try--and the same thing always happens--it gets stuck--I have to rip it away from the punch. I would just try using cardstock or thicker papers.

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

kittymomma wrote:
sherry wrote:I will try the suggestions. I was not punching through cardstock, just regular scrapbook paper, about the weight of, maybe a tad heavier, of copy paper.

I find I have this difficulty when i punch through thinner paper, like you described! Often i will just grab a piece of printer paper when i first get a punch to try--and the same thing always happens--it gets stuck--I have to rip it away from the punch. I would just try using cardstock or thicker papers.

Yep, same thing for me - I have better luck with thicker paper. The thin stuff always messes up.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

kittymomma wrote:

Oh yes, with new punches I usually just use a piece of copy paper to try it and sometimes it gets stuck and it tears when I take it out. Martha's are usually pretty good on copy paper tho, but it does occasionally happen. They work great on cardstock and scrappy paper tho!!

ImageImage Image Image  

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I bought a MS heart punch, and it was terrible - I took it back and exchanged it for another punch - and it was fine. Might be a defect.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

begratiot

Cherry Tart

It's one of my favorite punches also - but I do find it works better on cardstock rather than printed paper. Try the tinfoil - that does help. I've never tried the wax paper - might need to try that. Good luck!
Betsy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She who dies with the most paper - wins!"

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee