Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I knew this day was gonna come..
but I don't think I'm prepared for it. My youngest graduates tonight. I am having all kinds of mixed emotions...I'm happy, excited and sad all at the same time. I hope this is normal. :? She is also leaving Sunday to spend the summer in Illinois. So it will just be me and DH. This empty nest crap sucks.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Re: I knew this day was gonna come..
((((hugs)))) I can send you Delaney if you want ;)
~pam~

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

You are feeling perfectly normal. All of this takes time to adjust, but in time you will start to feel better. Try to think of this as a start to a new and different life. I hope you feel better soon.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

You are feeling perfectly normal. All of this takes time to adjust, but in time you will start to feel better. Try to think of this as a start to a new and different life. I hope you feel better soon.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Retiree3 wrote:You are feeling perfectly normal. All of this takes time to adjust, but in time you will start to feel better. Try to think of this as a start to a new and different life. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Donna...I'm glad that this is normal...does make me feel better...even a wee bit.

Pam....I'm sure sooner or later someone might notice she is gone. :-D
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

bellaconsmom

Cherry Jubilee

((HUGS)) Congrats to your dd!

maryplus5

Sweet Cherry Pie

:( I have no clue what I will do when that day comes for me!

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

(((HUGS))) and prayers for you, Treasa. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I still have a few years to prepare but doubt I'll be ready.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

It is very normal. This time of a empty nest is hard. But once you get your mind around it, You will find it is so nice to have dh to yourself again.

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Hugs to you....I am not ready for that day.

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

aww ((hugs)) to you, I can't even imagine.. My oldest just graduated kindergarten and I am still in shock!

gine

Cherry Garcia

HUGS to you..Thank God I have some years left
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

OMG, normal yes!!!! I was so lost after the youngest graduated and left! And it took time to really come to terms, BUT.........think of all the scrapping you can do now!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

scraptag

Cherry Cola

ugh! I have 4 more years til I have to deal with this, but I will still have one at home when my oldest graduates, and with this economy, I'm not sure we'll have the money to send her to school...

I feel for you. Remember, that's what that cell phone is for!!! :-D

Scrappy69

Sweet Cherry Pie

Oh wow, I bet that's going to be a hard adjustment for you. Where in Illinois will she be? I'm in Bloomington!

scrap-o-holic

Cherry Bing

Your feelings are normal. When my last graduated and moved on to college it was bittersweet. It's been 4 years and I'm still adjusting! LOL You'll find you're groove. just be patient and allow yourself to have whatever feelings you need to have. Be thankful knowing you've raised your kiddos for this exact time in their lives! You'll be in my thoughts.
Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour might actually turn out to be a retard in tin foil!

Cherry Jubilee

I'll be going through that in 2 years when DD graduates. Although DH and I got a little taste of that the last 7 weeks. The end of April she was gone from Wednesday at noon until late Sunday night for music fest, and then for the next 6 weeks she was gone from Wednesday or Thursday through SUnday or Monday traveling with the high school softball team. This weekend will be the first weekend she's been home since the end of April.

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

4peasinourpod wrote:((((hugs)))) I can send you Delaney if you want ;)

i was going to offer her some of mine!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

4peasinourpod wrote:((((hugs)))) I can send you Delaney if you want ;)
I'll take her. I could use a baby sitter some days. ;) ;)

Karenscraps

Cherry Berry

Congrats to your baby. The empty nest crap really kicks in when they go away to college and you only get to see them at holidays...I know I experienced it the first time this year and it sucked.:(
Karen Y.

I haven't been an active paper crafter for a while and want to get back in the swing of things!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee