We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Is it rude to just jump in when your new?

Poll ended at Wed May 26, 2010 10:55 am

Total votes: 63
Yes (1) 2%
NO (52) 83%
Doesn't matter to me (10) 16%

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

so it may be too late but I am wondering...
did you guys all post an introduction thread? The new one had me thinking... I just filled out the new cherry ??'s and said "hello i am new" when I asked a question.. then just jumped in posting lol.. I was just wondering if you guys find it rude when someone just jumps in and starts chatting? Also adding a poll in case someone is shy about the wy they want to answer.. I am super curious what you guys think.. even if it's too late for me lol!!

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Re: so it may be too late but I am wondering...
BLess your heart, Shayla, for being concerned! I've been on the board less than a year and have found this to be a very easy going, fun-loving, supportive group of women of all ages who are very welcoming of new posters! Jumping into a thread and posting your view is how we all get to know each other a little. Be sassy...be sweet, we love it all! You're very thoughtful to ask and popping into a thread as a newbie is fine with me!

Lynda

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

Thank you, I just like everyone here and I have so much fun here I didn't want people thinking I was rude.. I know it's way too late 2-3 months later lol, but I was still curious what the general felling was. I feel so comfortable here, but I don't want to walk into someones house and put my feet up on the table because Im comfortable. (not that I would ever do that, even at my own house lol) Anyways Thanks for answering and thanks to everyone who has voted :)

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Just jump on in as far as I am concerned. An introduction does help us to get to know you better but so does posting to those posts that interest you and even some that don't. It is a warm friendly easy going kind of place. I think that is one of the things that makes us all love it so!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

JanetM

Sweet Cherry Pie

Jump in feet first and get to know everyone- glad to have you on here.

scraptag

Cherry Cola

It's not like we can see you standing outside the circle. So jump on in!

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I don't think it's rude at all! I've been here a long time, but I don't think I ever posted an introduction thread. I may have to go back and do that now if your vote changes :winkb:

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Jump right in!!!!! I do love reading the intro threads and the questionairre, but by no means are they required!!!!!! :inlove:
SUS ImageImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

SHOOT, JUMP ON IN! whoops, excuse them darn caps locks! how are we ever to hear from you or about you if you don't? it's not like we can see you :winkb: :-D
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

lol thanks ladies, seriously I was getting paranoid. I really like it here too, glad to be a part of this site!

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

Laura Fiore wrote:I don't think it's rude at all! I've been here a long time, but I don't think I ever posted an introduction thread. I may have to go back and do that now if your vote changes :winkb:
lol :D

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've been involved in many different online communities, all with their own feel and rules. Personally I make sure I read the FAQ and a few threads to try to get the feel for the place before posting, but that can be done in a day (usually; one board I'm on requires you to have read the last 15 pages on a particular thread before posting there, because it's a huge board & they want to avoid having people ask & answer the same things over & over again, which makes sense!). I will echo the others in saying that this is the most laid back board I've ever been privileged to belong to! :) Good to have you join us.
Image Image

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I think it is the only way to do it. Jump right in. How else are you going to get to know the board and its members?

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Jumping in is the way to go!! And Kudos to you for figuring out how to do a poll right away!!:-D :-D :-D
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I think I just jumped right in with no introduction. About 6 months later I thought maybe I should have introduced myself but by then it was to late. :-D :-D
ImageImage 

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

scrapy1967 wrote:I think I just jumped right in with no introduction. About 6 months later I thought maybe I should have introduced myself but by then it was to late. :-D :-D
lol yeah it didn't really hit me till today and then I was like "well it's too late" then my mind started going crazy, like oh no I hope they don't think Im rude, everyone here seems really nice and laid back that is why I like it here but I just had to make sure I wasn't coming off as rude. I really worry about these things, I have delt with a lot of rude people and don't want to be one of them!
Being online I am not as formal as I would be irl, I will just start a message without even saying Hello if we were already talking the day before, but irl everyday you say hello even if it was the same convo just a different day lol.

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

RitaS wrote:Jumping in is the way to go!! And Kudos to you for figuring out how to do a poll right away!!:-D :-D :-D
I won't lie I was shocked it came out and I also thought I messed up when I didn't see my post but it just showed under the poll. :D but thanks for kudos :D

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

When I joined this group I jumped right in and everyone made me feel welcomed. This is a great group.
Firegems

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Jump on in! I think that's the best way to get aquainted and it seems to me we all encourage newbies to jump on in. If I hadn't been encouraged, I'd probably still be hiding in the woodwork.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Absolutely not rude. I just jumped in and started posting. Heck, I don't think I even introuduced myself. LOL
Image ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee