Photo rut?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

carrie123
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 699

Photo rut?

Post by carrie123 »

Does anyone else go through this? I have TONS of photos but when I look through them, none of them jump out at me and say "scrapbook me". They for some reason are all looking the same and all though are good pictures really aren't giving me any inspiration. My kids are ready to kill me because the last couple of days I have been following them around with my camera hoping to capture some photos that want to be scrapbooked.
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Re: Photo rut?

Post by milmomma »

LOL yes! I tend to make a card or a project at that time. Its not that I don't wanna be creative, but sometimes my mind needs a break from layouts. :)
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

I know what you mean. I have a hard time doing holiday LOs. The pictures always seem so posed to me.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
kguercio
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 190

Post by kguercio »

Don't try too hard, it will just come based on a sketch or products you have all of a sudden something will click!
****Kelly****
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

I do too, my hubby never understands since I am behind in photos and I have a lot to pic. I just have to "feel" it. Luckily right now I have the opposite problem too many pics I want to scrap.
I go back and forth. If it gets really bad I make a card and then try a simple lo or sketch.
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

I have this happen too sometimes. Maybe you could pull out some products you want to work with and then find pictures to go with them. Kind of reverse the process a little.
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

yes i agree....making a cute card always helps me!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

yup - me too. When this happens I go back through my older pics and try and get some inspiration from them
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Rici76
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Rici76 »

Ha, I love this! I feel the same way, waaaayyy tooo often. I sometimes pull out the same photos over and over and hope to see something new pop up...lol.
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

I have tons of ideas, but my photos never seem right for them.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

I'm with jodcod. The pictures never seem right for what I had in mind. Then I dig through the photos and try to find a better one...
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

JulianaM wrote:I have this happen too sometimes. Maybe you could pull out some products you want to work with and then find pictures to go with them. Kind of reverse the process a little.

I will do the same thing...though my girls are getting a little tired of the camera this week as well. It is spring break so I am hoping to get tons of new pics..becuase then after I get on a roll, the olders pics will talk to me.
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

oh my goodness YES!!!! I am in such a photo rut lately! I don't have any good pictures and life is so boring, there is nothing to take photos of. Even Easter... not a single photo was taken cause we didn't really do anything. :(
Image Image
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

This is exactly why I cant scrap in chronological order!
Image Image
RACHEL
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

Yep I am in a photo rut right now! I keep dragging my dh to different places hoping to get photos that will inspire me!
ImageImage 

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

yep. kind of feels like that now actually. it stinks.
bellaconsmom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 237

Post by bellaconsmom »

I just wish I can find a good chink of time to scrap, but I understand where everyone is coming from. I've been through that before with photos.

Return to “General Talk”