Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

JeanG

Cherry Cola

So very frustrating!
I saw the orthopod about my broken arm yesterday. He freely admits I terrify him and he doesn't want to do the surgery to stabilize the arm because of the infection I had last time. So I have to go back in 2 weeks - in the meantime, I live on painkillers and hope that the bones will grow together on their own. I won't have the same use of the arm, but we'll avoid surgery. IN THE MEANTIME...I'm having great ideas for layouts (I usually have NO mojo!) and can't do them one handed! ARGH!!! Anybody have an extra left arm I could borrow for a while?? :greenlol:
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: So very frustrating!
(((HUGS))) Hope your arm heals and does better than the doctor thinks.

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think I would get a second opinon. I realize you don't want surgery, but do you want a painkiller addiction either? Just looks like you could be headed down that road if it takes a long time to heal. A second opinon never hurts and insurance usually pays for it. There could be a third alternative that a second doctor would suggest.

JeanG

Cherry Cola

We have thought about a second opinion ever since this happened. The problem is that we live in a remote area with few orthopods. We would have to go downstate, but none of the family has anyone they'll recommend. I'd go to Duluth or Rochester, MN if our insurance would cover it. If anyone here from downstate MI knows a good orthopaedic surgeon, pleas let me know, OK? TIA!

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

Sorry you are going through that. ((hug)) hopefully you will still have your mojo when your arm gets better.

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

JeanG wrote:We have thought about a second opinion ever since this happened. The problem is that we live in a remote area with few orthopods. We would have to go downstate, but none of the family has anyone they'll recommend. I'd go to Duluth or Rochester, MN if our insurance would cover it. If anyone here from downstate MI knows a good orthopaedic surgeon, pleas let me know, OK? TIA!
Where are you in MI? Seems like Beaumont or Ann Arbor would have some good ones.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

JeanG

Cherry Cola

We're in the U.P. We're an hour West of Marquette and a little more than an hour East of Houghton. I knew Ann Arbor has a geat Children's Hospital....do they also have any good orthopods there that you personally?

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Good Lord, woman! You must be just miserable with this! If the bones are stabilized without surgery and they hopefully will grow together, why did the dr. say you would have less use of the arm eventually? I'm so upset for you! I know that you're frustrated and I LOVE that you're thinking about scrapping! A good attitude really helps and I admire you for that. My very best wishes for a FULL recovery.

Lynda

handerful

Cherry Cropper

It does sound frustrating!

Maybe it is time to look into digi scrapping to use your mojo while you have it? I'm sure there are some girls here more than willing to get you hooked up!
Image Image
RACHEL

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Wow, hope they can find a workable solution for you soon.

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Man all this just sucks. I would call my insurance provider and ask for a list of ortho's that live south of you, you want a second opinion. Then look up those docs online. Chose one and go see him, could be any worse than the one your seeing now?

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Sorry about your arm. Hope it improves soon.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

ScrapKaty

Cherry Tart

I'm sorry about your arm...Here's a ((HUG)) for you! I hope your mojo sticks around til your arm is healed

scrapmickey

Cherry Tart

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope your arm will be better soon, and hope you'll find a doctor for a second opinion. Good luck with that!
In the mean time, write down your idea's so you can scrap a lot when it's all better!
Hugs,

Mieke
DT Epiphany Crafts Fashion Accessory team
DT Bird is the Word challenge blog
DT coordinator Little Shop of Sketches
Here you can find my blog

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

hope your arm heals quickly and you are a ble to avoid surgery...about the extra hand.....I always need one of those even when I have 2...sorry I am no help.

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

I can't seem to find the time to do my own pages. Sorry you can't create! Maybe sketching them on paper and picking out all of the supplies will help.
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Sure - you can borrow one of mine. course - that's if it will stretch from CT. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Can't they put a line in and pump you full of antibiotics and then do the surgery to properly fix your arm? As one who has been on painkillers full-time for over 3 years, you do NOT want to become dependent on them, if you have a choice. I will add this to my prayers.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

dontscrapwithme

Cherry Tart

Ouch and good luck! I agree @ getting a second opinion, get better soon!

colormegirl01

Cherry Blossom

Ouch! Hope you get better soon!

Judy in NM

Cherry Garcia

Oh my - that's terrible. I agree with getting the second opinion. Perhaps your insurance company could recommend someone? Take care.
~~ Judy ~~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee