So mad at Michaels*UPDATE*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

So mad at Michaels*UPDATE*

Post by scraptag »

I went there today to get some Solutions cartridges for the Cricut because they have them advertised ...yes ADVERTISED for $14.99. But they didn't have ANY in the store, and the guy told me that the other two in our area don't have any either. He said they used to carry them, but have been sold out for a while. Hello, but since when do you advertise things and then not put them in the store. He said they were only on close out. I wrote them a nasty letter and sent it to them. that is false advertising as far as I'm concerned!

I just got my standard reply back. So sorry for the inconvenience. The solutions cartridges are being discontinued and won't be coming back, so it's what's available in the stores. Here's a locator link so you can call around.. blah blah blah.
Last edited by scraptag on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Re: So mad at Michaels

Post by Sandi0805 »

I saw the ad on Saturday and called the four Michaels in our area and only one store had any and it wasn't one that I wanted. I know they are closing them out but they should have just put them on clearance instead of advertising on sale. I'm going to try Walmart and JoAnn's because they will price match. Though I checked with one Walmart and they didn't have any. Had to go to work so I will try tomorrow with Walmart and JoAnn's. Still it doesn't look like I will find any but I will try for that price.
 Image ImageImage
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Interesting. I was planning on going tomorrow. I'll let you know whether I score or not.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

I saw that ad today and didn't get the chance to run down to Mike's. Probably didn't have any at ours either. Maddening!! Glad you wrote them a letter.

Lynda
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I am mad about that, too! It's WRONG! and then, I went to Michael's on Saturday, because they always accept competitor's coupons. Well - when I was checking out I handed the coupons to the cashier and she told me that she could not accept them. She told me I could only use one per day. I said "since when?" She told me their policy changed a couple of weeks ago. I asked for a manager, who came over and approved my purchases, but I asked her pointedly - why weren't customers that are signed up on your website informed of this change in policy? She had no answer for me. I am very, very unhappy with Michaels and I believe it is time for me to write a strong letter, also.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

I didn't look for the carts yesterday, but I was floored when I tried to use two different coupons and was "informed" about the policy change in coupons as well. I was not very happy either!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

Man what is it with M's recently? I had a horrible experience last time I was there as well and it didn't have anything to do with coupons.I was standing in line on Friday and it was really busy they only had one line open. I was the next person in line who had not put stuff on the counter, and there were 5 or 6 people behind me. The man sent me over to another register they had just opened but she was already helping some one with a return. I waited rather impatiently and watched as the line I was in get shorter and shorter until he is done and he shuts off his light and leaves me in the line he sent me too and runs off. I was so mad my kids were screaming as we had been in line over twenty minutes and I ran out of the store. I didn't notice till later they failed to provide me with a receipt. When I called I got told it was my own fault and I was out of luck. I told them that it sucks to be them because they just lost a costumer who spends several hunder dollars a month there, I do cakes and of course their is my scrapbooking addiction. I would rather go to JoAnns than to be treated like crap!

And of course the time before that people got arrested I was there so maybe I need to take the hint and stay away!
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

I never was big on M's. They always were bad about coupons where I lived and so everything seemed over priced. Hobby Lobby in the half off sales, now that was my weakness.
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

I knew there was a reason why I bought my carts on e-bay! I agree- if they are closing something out, don't advertise it - just put them on a sale rack near the front of the store. There's enough scrappers that go into the store that will pick up anything on clearance! Sorry for your frustration - that's why the LSS was always a good place to shop - great customer service! The big stores don't know what that is.

BTW - thanks for the tips on price matching from WM & J's. Didn't know they did that.
- Jan

bfaretra
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 27

Post by bfaretra »

We only have one Michael's in the area and I did not make it out there yesterday so I will call today about the Solutions cartridges as I have a gift card that I need to use. I know they closed some stores recently - but it appears that if their customer service does not improve really soon that they are going to lose the remainder of their customers. Thanks for the heads up.
lilmacgil
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 29

Post by lilmacgil »

I went to one of my Michaels yesterday and they only had two to choose from, thankfully one that I wanted. I'm hoping to stop by one or two more in the area but I suspect my choices won't improve. Michaels around here tend to be decent, netter than 5-10 years ago but I still prefer other stores.
Julia

Image Image Image

Visit my blog!
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

I live 45 minutes from either a Joanne's or a Micheal's, but I'll always pick Joanne's over Micheal's. Micheals stores are so crowded, the aisles are so narrow, I just hate them. We have a new Joanne's Super Store and it is great.
javalove
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 165

Post by javalove »

The exact same thing happened to me! The Solutions cartridges were completely sold out. I was there early Sunday afternoon, and they told me they didn't have any in stock. Odd thing is, I was looking for one last week and they didn't have any then, either, so it's not like there was a huge rush Sunday morning with shoppers that bought them all. Didn't know about the new coupon policy...not good!
Lisa

Image Image
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

Sandi0805 wrote:I saw the ad on Saturday and called the four Michaels in our area and only one store had any and it wasn't one that I wanted. I know they are closing them out but they should have just put them on clearance instead of advertising on sale. I'm going to try Walmart and JoAnn's because they will price match. Though I checked with one Walmart and they didn't have any. Had to go to work so I will try tomorrow with Walmart and JoAnn's. Still it doesn't look like I will find any but I will try for that price.
Oh I forgot about J's and Wm price matching! I have been upset with our M's lately seems like they never have the stuff that they advertise on sale or only have one.
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

they have gone down hill considerably and I am avoiding them at all cost. I have also had a bed experience. I had 2 40% off coupons from the paper. I was using one and myy dd who is 10 was going to use the other for me. They would not allow her to make her purchase..because I gave her the cuopon and money..so they said I was using 2 in one day and that was not allowed. My dh was irrate and called them and got nowhere......
girlsmommy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 172

Post by girlsmommy »

That stinks. I was at Joanne's last night and they had some cart. and other things on clearance. Great prices.
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

I find myself going there less and less because they hardly ever restock with newer merchandise. I'm not surprised they didn't have the cartridges!
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

sounds like you all had a bad deal this weekend. I think in Alaska Joanns pricematches Michaels
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

that does sound very misleading if they aren't carrying them in the store. how frustrating!!!
grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

They do that just to get you in there. I went to Michales a couple of weeks ago. They had the papers on sale. the signs were all over the scrapping papers. so I thought great. But come to find out just some of the papers.

Return to “General Talk”