Sizzix, or cuttlebug?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Re: Sizzix, or cuttlebug?

Post by ajkulig »

I had a sizzix (bigshot) and sold it. I didn't really think I needed it after I got my cricut but now I find myself wanting to use embossing folders so I think I might spring for a cuddle bug. All my friends have it as oposed to the Sizzix but I couldn't tell you which is better. Sorry, hope that helps!
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
ElizM88
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Post by ElizM88 »

Well I bought the Sizzix Texture boutique (looks like a purse) embosser. I didn't want the big sizzix just something small and I love it to emboss my flowers that I cut out on my cricut. And I have bought the cuttlebug embossing folders to use with it. Not sure if this helped you in anyways, but thought I would share.
ElizM88

Scrappin' in Alabama
girlsmommy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 172

Post by girlsmommy »

I got the cuttlebug. I use sizzix die and embossing folders with it. I also use the spellbinder dies too. I guess they are both about the same.
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.
girlsmommy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 172

Post by girlsmommy »

I believe it takes the same size embossing folder in all three machines.
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

I have a Cuttlebug, which I use primarily for embossing, but it's really nice that the Cuttlebug dies will also cut felt and chipboard.
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

I have heard that the cuttlebug will use the most dies, and is the least expensive. there is a user chart online.
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

girlsmommy wrote:I got the cuttlebug. I use sizzix die and embossing folders with it. I also use the spellbinder dies too. I guess they are both about the same.
I have the cuddlebug too. I love using the Spellbinder dies in it. I think it's less expensive that the Sizzix.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
ElizM88
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Post by ElizM88 »

"How big of a piece of paper will it emboss? I know the price for it is nice."

The biggest it will emboss is 4x6 (Sizzix Texture Boutique Purse). As I said I only use mine mostly to emboss my flowers I cut out. But I won't do the die cuts from what I understand. Good Luck deciding.
ElizM88

Scrappin' in Alabama
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

I like the Sizzix that is shaped like a purse.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
Strawberry Creations
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 3

Post by Strawberry Creations »

I posted this same question two weeks ago and found out that you get a variety of stuff using the cuttlebug (die cuts and embossing). I was leaning on the Sizzix Texture Boutique only for the price but thought I might as well spend the money on the cuttlebug. I got mine on HSN and they have a flexpay with it. Hope this helps. :)
Total for 2010: 2 (12x12 pgs) 25 (8x8 pgs) 30 cards, 75/75 invitations
Beth-W
Featured Guest Coordinator
Gallery: 459

Post by Beth-W »

I have the sizzix bigshot and you can cut all of the other dies with it. I have cuttlebug dies and embossing folders and can use those with it. Also, it takes the quikuts smaller dies. :winkb:
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I have the bigshot and the cuttlebug - and I love them both! I can cut larger things on the bigshot, and the cuttlebug is more portable and smaller in storage space. They both emboss & cut most dies!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Return to “General Talk”