would you pay

Moderator: ACOT Employee

love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

would you pay

Post by love2stamp »

a 198.00 for this Imagepair of jeans. I think it's crazy.
Last edited by love2stamp on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Re: woul you pay

Post by Kimandasmo »

everyone has their own opinions I guess......

I almost paid 100.00 for a pair of jeans.....but changes my mind and bought a cheaper pair.
reelynn
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 6

Post by reelynn »

I wouldn't pay $198 for any pair of jeans, but that is because there are other things I like to do with my money :)
Shawnery Mathis
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

NO...I don't go for the ripped look. And I have pooches that would hang over the waistband. If I could look like the mannequin in them, I might. Then again, if I could look like the mannequin in them, I could probably look that good in jeans a lot cheaper!
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

Never! I wouldn't even pay $10 for that pair! I'm not a fan of the "ready for the rag pile" type of jeans.:?
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
scrappie_stacie
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 184

Post by scrappie_stacie »

Not that particular pair, but I have considered paying $150 for jeans. I have an EXTREMELY hard time finding jeans that fit me right. First of all I have very long legs so they have to come in "tall" or "long" which is rare. Next is my bootie... if I get them to fit that then I can fit an extra person in the waistband... LOL! Out of desperation a few years ago I did say I'd spend up to $150 if I could find a pair that fit me good. Luckily I only had to spend $70, which is still way more than I really wanted to, but they're my only pair that fit me and look half way decent.

---------------------------------------------------------
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

No, but I've spent what most people (especially non-scrappers) would consider a ridiculous amount of money on scrap supplies, so to each his own, you know? I'm sure the people that would dish out $200 on those jeans would think it was pretty stupid to pay $6 for a pack of paper prima flowers, which I did on my last ACOT order.

Anyway, I have tried on expensive jeans before, and let me tell you, there is a difference. I think that in the case of jeans, more money = a better fit and cuter. That being said, it's not worth it to me. I buy the same Levi's 518 superlow boot cut jeans off of ebay each time I need a new pair!
Leslie
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

I'm in the "comfort-waist" phase of my life, so these aren't for me. :-D

Lynda
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

no, but i would pay to find jeans that fit. I wear a small size, but need them long...and they aren't in stores, so I have to order online, and now even Gap isn't carrying my size in most jeans. :( :(
~pam~
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

I wouldn't pay that much for any jeans, but I'm passed the cute butt phase of my life and into strictly comfort, which means (don't cringe) elastic waist jeans for me.
Image ImageImage

grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

No, I would not pay that much for a pair of jeans. But ones that look like the beach bottle spilled on them, I just don't like that look .
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Re: would you pay

Post by milmomma »

No, I'm good at ripping them all on my own without help... I have 4 pairs I've ripped in the past two years. I still wear them even ripped. I buy my jeans at the buckle so they are a bit expensive. I end up paying 50-85$ a pair. They have the perfect fit/comfortable for me. They go waist by length by stretch. And with my body that is what works. I use to be walmart jeans kinda girl. But they never fit right. I'm much happier in my jeans and I think that is important. I'm also one that wears the same jeans for about 10 years till they are rags before I let them go. So I think I get my money's worth. (I wear jeans everyday)
jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 930

Post by jcsmaestra »

No way! I don't go for that ripped look. If the jeans fit really great and looked fantastic on me, I would consider a high price, but not if they were ripped like that.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

I'd pay $198 to have that body, but not for the jeans!
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

lilkoala3 wrote:No, but I've spent what most people (especially non-scrappers) would consider a ridiculous amount of money on scrap supplies, so to each his own, you know? I'm sure the people that would dish out $200 on those jeans would think it was pretty stupid to pay $6 for a pack of paper prima flowers, which I did on my last ACOT order.

Anyway, I have tried on expensive jeans before, and let me tell you, there is a difference. I think that in the case of jeans, more money = a better fit and cuter. That being said, it's not worth it to me. I buy the same Levi's 518 superlow boot cut jeans off of ebay each time I need a new pair!
Yeah, but you have such a cute butt any jeans would look good on it.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

Grandma Flowers wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:No, but I've spent what most people (especially non-scrappers) would consider a ridiculous amount of money on scrap supplies, so to each his own, you know? I'm sure the people that would dish out $200 on those jeans would think it was pretty stupid to pay $6 for a pack of paper prima flowers, which I did on my last ACOT order.

Yeah, but you have such a cute butt any jeans would look good on it.
You're probably right. My fine a$$ would look good in a trash bag.
Leslie
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

I couldn't even if I wanted too! The check would bounce!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5459

Post by Retiree3 »

I wouldn't!
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

absolutely not! can not imagine ever feeling like I had enough money to justify spending that much on one thing to wear.
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

Grandma Flowers wrote:I'd pay $198 to have that body, but not for the jeans!
LOL! Me, too! :)

Return to “General Talk”