Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

allysonc

Cherry Cola

CKC Creating Keepsakes Convention
Hey girls! Who all has gone to these before? They are having one in Houston and in San Marcos this year! It looks awesome.. If you have gone.. What was it like? What classes? Vendors? Was it fun or just ok? Really curious about it! Thanks in advance. :-D :)
Ally

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: CKC Creating Keepsakes Convention
I've been to 4 of them, and I've had a blast at each one! I always take about 10 classes, which costs a ton of money, but I save up my money. Here is a link to the CKC message board. After each CKC, people review their classes here. If you look around, there are also a TON of tips for stuff to bring, food situations, meeting up with people, etc...
http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/mb/v ... 9f77ad34da
Leslie

allysonc

Cherry Cola

Thank you Leslie! :)
Ally

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I've never been to a scrapbooking convention before. I looked up the site that Lesley gave and I realized that I will be able to go to one of them. I am so excited.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

lilkoala3 wrote:I've been to 4 of them, and I've had a blast at each one! I always take about 10 classes, which costs a ton of money, but I save up my money. Here is a link to the CKC message board. After each CKC, people review their classes here. If you look around, there are also a TON of tips for stuff to bring, food situations, meeting up with people, etc...
http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/mb/v ... 9f77ad34da[/quote]

Thanks for the address!
[

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

You're welcome! Hope you both go! It's sooo much fun! Especially if you go with a friend or meet new people!
Leslie

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm thinking about going to the one in Manchester in March. Anyone else?
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Sounds fun! Too bad there isn't one real close to me :(

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

writerlady wrote:I'm thinking about going to the one in Manchester in March. Anyone else?

I was thinking of flying back east (to NH) to visit friends and go to this. I've gone to the vendor fairs and love them!
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

ShellyBob

Sweet Cherry Pie

I go to the Tulsa one every year. It is lots of fun! From experience, I would NEVER do the CK crops. You are crammed into these small tables, and they don't provide anything! Not even a glass of water! Very cheap on their part. Most of the CK classes are also not the best.

I always take the Latest and Greatest Basic Grey class by Embellish It. Those are usually pretty good. Quick Quotes has good classes and so does Technique Tuesday.

The first year I way overdid on classes. Now I just take a max of 3 and spend the rest of the time shopping. The local scrapbook stores are also the place to be during convention. Last year ours had tons of giveaways, chocolate fountain and vendor instructors come in for demos. If you can sign up for a crop at a local store...do it!
A bad day on vacation, beats a good day at work!

allysonc

Cherry Cola

Thanks! Yeah.. I was thinking the crops would be pretty crazy.. Think i'd rather do shopping and classes. There is also the big San Marcos Outlet RIGHT next to hotel/convention center where it's going to be.. Then i'd love to go San Antonio for a day or two and go see the riverwalk/shopping/etc.. Used to go there alot as a kid.. I haven't been in forever.. So I may get to to do that.. Will have to see..
Ally

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

allysonc wrote:Thanks! Yeah.. I was thinking the crops would be pretty crazy.. Think i'd rather do shopping and classes. There is also the big San Marcos Outlet RIGHT next to hotel/convention center where it's going to be.. Then i'd love to go San Antonio for a day or two and go see the riverwalk/shopping/etc.. Used to go there alot as a kid.. I haven't been in forever.. So I may get to to do that.. Will have to see..
HEY! Just sent you a PM! If you are going to the one in San Marcos, I will totally give you the scoop about classes! I'm going to Valley Forge in July!
Leslie

allysonc

Cherry Cola

Yay Thanks Les. :)
Ally

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

They have one here in Portland every year that I go to..I love them. I usually take 3 classes. I go with my Mom and her friend, we rent a hotel with a big enough space to set all of our stuff up and we scrap for 3 days. I have 2 weeks to go before our weekend. I always take the Basic Gray classes as well. Love it!!!
***Tanya***

beachlover

Cherry Addict

lilkoala3 wrote:
allysonc wrote:Thanks! Yeah.. I was thinking the crops would be pretty crazy.. Think i'd rather do shopping and classes. There is also the big San Marcos Outlet RIGHT next to hotel/convention center where it's going to be.. Then i'd love to go San Antonio for a day or two and go see the riverwalk/shopping/etc.. Used to go there alot as a kid.. I haven't been in forever.. So I may get to to do that.. Will have to see..
HEY! Just sent you a PM! If you are going to the one in San Marcos, I will totally give you the scoop about classes! I'm going to Valley Forge in July!
YO!!! Why didn't you tell me to start planning and that there was a date set for this already? I want to be prep[ared thid time, and may even decide to stay! Last year was the bestest!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I have been to a couple I do not care for the classes but the shopping is awesome. I am going to the one in Louisville Kentucky in February just to do some shopping.
ImageImage 

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm volunteering this year at the Mesa, AZ one (around the corner from our house too!!). Anyone else in the area attending? I'd love to meet up!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

Rici76

Sweet Cherry Pie

I LOVE CKC Conventions! I always go when they come here to Houston and I WILL be there this year as well. So much fun and a great way to meet lots of people and see lots of new SCRAP products and ideas.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I've never been to one before, but I am thinking of going to Houston.
[

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Rici76 wrote:I LOVE CKC Conventions! I always go when they come here to Houston and I WILL be there this year as well. So much fun and a great way to meet lots of people and see lots of new SCRAP products and ideas.

I'm from Louisiana and I am planning on going.
[

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee