We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

24 inches of snow and it is STILL snowing!
Dh and I tried to get home yesterday afternoon and went in the ditch. Thank goodness it was a half mile from our house and we could get the big 4 wheeler tractor out of the machine shed and pull our truck right out. We headed right back to town. But, today, we finally could get home. We did get both of our vehicles stuck in our lane. But, they are now out. Dh has been scooping the lane for over 3 hours with no end in sight. I walked up the lane and no electricty in our house. It is 50 degrees in here and dropping fast. I am sitting on the ouch and watching it snow again. lol It is just comical at this point. But the thing that is upsetting me the most is that I can't play with my new Christmas toys. My dh bought me SCAL 2 and I wanna play.

Is anyone else still snowed in?
ImageImageImage

kcatt79

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: 24 inches of snow and it is STILL snowing!
Not really snowed in, but we have been having a blizzard with 45mph winds since yesterday morning. We arent snowed in simply because the wind is keeping it in the air. Hubby is even leaving right now for 2 days of hunting, even though it is only 20 degrees out. We did loose power 7 times yesterday from the wind though.

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/

JeanG

Cherry Cola

They predicted a lot of bad weather for us, but the only time it was really bad was last night when the rain turned into sleet and the roads were a horror. I'm so grateful the storm didn't get to us! Right now DH is out with his snowblower, one neighbor who has a pickup with a plow and the other neighbor who has a Bobcat and they're trying to widen our street which is now really narrow because of all the past snows. Should be interesting!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

anazelia

Cherry Cola

not this weekend. that was us last weekend. good luck.

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

I can not believe how much snow people are getting! So glad to live a bit more south!!!

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Wow - we have gotten about 10 inches or so and it is still snowing.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The roads are getting bad here. We have not had it as bad as most people.

No1Mommy

Cherry Cola

***Pouting*** I want lots of snow too!:x lol

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

wow - that sounds bad - glad you got unstuck. Hope your electric coms back soon. I'll bet we're getting some in Alaska too - hopefully it will have settled down by the time we get back. Stay warm
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm happy :-D no snow here! We aren't designed to handle snow with the amount your having never mind any amount when it comes to roads. They sand bridges and that is it. We aren't even designed to have shelter for the cattle in freezing precip.

Let's face it IMHO snow is only good to play and ski in! Then go back south to warmer weather!

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

Oh wow! Where are you?!
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

jannyf

Cherry Bing

We had the 'wet' variety of snow yesterday in S. FL, but now it's just chilly & damp. Snow would have been nicefor Christmas (sigh)!
- Jan

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

We're in eastern Nebraska...we have about 13 inches of 'new' snow and lots of winds. There are drifts taller than 8 foot. DH plowed the drive clean and within and hour it was covered with about 4-5 feet of snow.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

We are in NW Iowa. We had another 3-4 inches yesterday. But, I think it has stopped now. We are going on day 3 without electricity. Dh just went out to our farm to checl the electricity and our driveway is blown shut again. But, we are warm and safe at my parents house in town. I will take pics when we get to go home and post so you all can see it. We have had several friends that have had their roofs cave in from the weight of the snow. But, nobody has been hurt. Thank the Lord!!! It was kind of fun the first day or so. But, now, I would just like to go home. :-D Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas.
ImageImageImage

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

Ouch...you got a lot more than us and I thought ours was amazing! finally got out yesterday though. I was getting cabin fever badly.
Peggy

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee