Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The AMA's tonight.....
(If anyone was watching) I had to laugh during the performance by Eminem and 50 Cent. Half the song was bleeped out!

Makes me wonder why they even bothered to show it?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

Re: The AMA's tonight.....
Yeah - you couldn't understand most of the words anyway!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

darn it! I forgot it was on!!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yeah. So what did everyone think of Adam? I knew it was being way overhyped, but it was a bit raunchier than I expected visually (loved when the camera director switched to the crowd shot!). Still, he was dressed more modestly than I expected, though I suppose the dancers made up for it. :winkb:
Image Image

allysonc

Cherry Cola

Yeah I missed some it. Was on the phone with a friend for the majority of it. Glad Black Eyed Pea and Taylor Swift won some awards/etc :P
Ally

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My hubby said it looked like J-Lo fell on her butt during her song. I was in the kitchen and missed it.

I did notice that most of the gals wore leggings.....HOW do they prevent major camel toe in those things, I wonder?? *snort!*

And I thought Whitney did a good job. Reba's expression said it all afterward. *sniff* I hope she does well and makes a complete comeback. She threw her life away for a few years, sadly. :waiting:

cubshan

Cherry Picker

I have to say...Adam Lambert, not all that great. I wasn't really impressed with him. I was happy to see Michael won 4 out of 5 of the awards he was nominated for. I am a huge fan and still can't believe that he is gone.
Image Image

cubshan

Cherry Picker

Flapdoodle wrote:My hubby said it looked like J-Lo fell on her butt during her song. I was in the kitchen and missed it.

I did notice that most of the gals wore leggings.....HOW do they prevent major camel toe in those things, I wonder?? *snort!*

And I thought Whitney did a good job. Reba's expression said it all afterward. *sniff* I hope she does well and makes a complete comeback. She threw her life away for a few years, sadly. :waiting:

Oooh, I have it on the DVR. I am totally going to re-watch the J.Lo performance and check it out.
Image Image

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

All the ladies looked really pretty, I thought. At least the ones that I saw. I didn't see the entire show.

(Well.....Lady Gaga was her usual self -- pretty much indescribably strange.) I like her stuff, though.

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Haven't seen that part yet...can't wait :winkb:

I'm just shaking my head NO at Rhianna's new song and performance...NOT good!

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Laura Fiore wrote:Haven't seen that part yet...can't wait :winkb:

I'm just shaking my head NO at Rhianna's new song and performance...NOT good!
Not really digging Rhianna's new song or Adam's. I feel bad for Adam, too. That synthesized pop wasn't really his style if you watched Idol but I guess you have to do what the record label tells you for your first album? I had such high expectations for him. :(

Perfect way to sum up, Lady Gaga, Flappy. I like her music but her personal style is just so.....:?
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Beth-W wrote: Not really digging Rhianna's new song or Adam's. I feel bad for Adam, too. That synthesized pop wasn't really his style if you watched Idol but I guess you have to do what the record label tells you for your first album? I had such high expectations for him. :(

Actually, if you've seen any of his pre-Idol performances, especially his original songs, his style is very much techno/club pop and glam rock! From what I've seen he's doing exactly what he wants with his album (he has much more freedom than if he'd won, IMO).
Image Image

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

PezKat wrote:
Beth-W wrote: Not really digging Rhianna's new song or Adam's. I feel bad for Adam, too. That synthesized pop wasn't really his style if you watched Idol but I guess you have to do what the record label tells you for your first album? I had such high expectations for him. :(

Actually, if you've seen any of his pre-Idol performances, especially his original songs, his style is very much techno/club pop and glam rock! From what I've seen he's doing exactly what he wants with his album (he has much more freedom than if he'd won, IMO).

I think I read that too! That this was HIS stuff, his style. I haven't seen him yet, but I did see where they cut J-Lo falling on her butt...at least that's what it looked like they did from here.

Carrie Underwood...can I just say that I would KILL for her legs? OMGosh! Hot!

LOL at the camel toe Jaime...I'm thinking diapers must keep those leggings from crawling!

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I can't believe I missed it. Bummer.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

They were talking on The View this morning about what Adam did with the dancers. ABC wouldn't let them re-air the footage during the daytime. From what they said it sounded horrid!

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

didn't watch. didn't really care. but hope you all enjoyed it anyways.
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

MLee

Cherry Cola

I didn't get to see it last night but now that I've watched Adam's performance I loved it. I'm a huge fan of his and it's right up my ally of punk mixed with glam rock. I loved it. I think he's right when he said that you see all of that type of sex crap from women ALL of the time - it just bothered people because he did it with men. He has a good point. After watching Captain Jack on Dr. Who for so long, this type of stuff just doesn't bother me anymore. I'd rather have sex than violence any day of the week - it wasn't anything more than what we see on the big screen or even see or talk about on this message board.

Besides, I grew up with Queen, my favorite band EVER - need I say more?

I also thought Whitney was awful. She shouldn't have messed up in the first place and when did she messed up her voice when she did. I know a lot of people will like her new sound but I won't be one of them. I'm ALL for second or third or is her fourth chance now? Can anyone say Robert Downey, Jr.? Obviously I'm ready for something new and different.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee