We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

cat1393

Cherry Cola

...no crocodile tears needed at all!
I was able to get the Credit Card Co.'s to reduce their interest rates! Actually got my highest money amount down to a fig FAT 0%! Down from 30%! Also, no late charges are to be added, interest rates will be what ever the interest is. Those are 0%, 3% and a 12%.

Can u actually believe they can lower it that much! So, then why charge us exorbitant (TG, for spell check!) fees?!

This is a big relief for me. I can catch up on the Mortgage...

My DH has been out of work for 8 months. Life can't get any lower then this. Something has got to give, and it will. I am truly Thankful for my job.

And you can bet, when DH, does find a job...I will be taking a few days Vacation, to have this place to myself :-D.

Christine

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: ...no crocodile tears needed at all!
Good luck Christine and I'm glad you were able to get the reduced interest.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

JeanellePaige

Digital Designers

Sending GOOD LUCK vibes to your hubby!!
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Wow! That's wonderful!! You must be one heck of a good talker to get the rates lowered - especially from 30% to 0%! Congrats! I hope your dh finds a job soon - I keep hearing it's really tough now with so many jobs gone. I know this sounds dumb, but sometimes when you volunteer in a field you like, you end up being hired. It worked for dh's daughter.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

We've done the same with all credit cards, car insurance, home insurance....JUST ASK! Got a reduction in car insurance because DH went to the same college as the owner of the independent agency. JUST ASK is there are any discounts. Every dollar helps these days.

Lynda

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

It never hurts to ask. Glad you got those rates reduced. Best of luck.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

That's wonderful news. I know every bit helps. Sending good thoughts your way!!! :-D
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

That's great Christine! Hope your dh gets a job soon and things get even better for you!

ImageImage Image Image  

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Good for you, Hon! That's hot!
Leslie

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

I hope your dh finds employment very soon. I know what you are going thru. Dh is expecting to hear that he will be laid off any day, again. Could you give us some pointers on how you were able to get them to lower the interest rates?
ImageImageImage

cat1393

Cherry Cola

In all honesty, it wasn't hard! First I called a Credit Repair Co. A man who used to work in the same company, was fired...he was a good one, thats probably why. So, I figured they'd give me good infor. And they did! and didn't charge me. I was happy for that.

The woman at the Credit Repair Co. told me to tell them, that I'd love to pay them. But then I can't feed my family. I even had Sears...match what I could pay. I paid them $53 and they matched that. I can be one stubborn person...ask DH! When I am set for what I want, watch out!

These CC co's are jumping to offer help. Claim hardship!

Wow....I never thought to ask for discounts w/ car/home insurance!

Now, if only the Gas and Electric Co. would do something. We are one of the highest rate payers.

As for DH, he did get a side job. It's not big, but it is something. Then he gets a call about being partners for a Pizza Place,that has a lot of potential. So, we are hoping that the brighter side of things are starting. would be nice. Scrapping, is my one and only big hobby. And I be a itching to buy lots of stuff! Just not yet:( Soon though:)

Christine

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

I am glad they did that for you. Credit Card Companies could probably do this for everyone, but you and I both know they
won't. If we had CCs I would also be on the phone asking too. Our case is different. we are stuck untill our debt is finally paid off. Nothing short of a judge can help us. So we will keep having our money involtary taken out of DH check until prob middle of next year! Can't wait, we really want to move! Good Luck! Hope he finds work soon.
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Meetchap (sp)...hope it goes fast and works out for u and your DH. It took me a while to make this call. Figured I could do it...well, I couldn't. the CC's are cut up. Except for one card.

Christine

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

good luck and sounds like it may be starting to look up ~
Image~Angie~

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Congrats on your success with the credit card company. That's wonderful! Hope dh is able to find work soon, to take some of the weight off your shoulders.
Image ImageImage

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am so glad they would work with you. So many times I hear of them being a real pain. Hope DH gets a job soon.
My DS has been out of work for the last 10 months. It is getting on his nerves bad. He keeps looking.

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

Oh, my heart goes out to all of you who are struggling. The economy is just awful and even though we're seeing some improvement in some sectors, it is going to take a while to get back to "normal" whatever that is. Cat1393, that was great of you to share your experience and give others such good advice--and hope!
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

I am glad that they are helping to make things a little easier on you!! I hope your husband can find work soon and give you a little R&R!!!
Firegems

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee