We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

microwave cleaning recipe**I'm done it worked
Does anyone know the recipe for cleaning the microwave? It has something to do with vinegar and dishsoap or something and heating it up - ?

dh blew something up again the other night (I think he's trying to slowly drive me crazy) the other day it took me about 45 minutes to get it clean and that was after 2 microwave cleaning packs and major elbow grease.- I am ready to take the door off so he can't use it.

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Re: microwave cleaning recipe
i take a huge glass measuring cup of water and microwave for 6 minutes (or until boiling) and it steams all the crap off. Honest. works every time :)
~pam~

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Oh I will so be trying that! I too have a dh who is messy!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

4peasinourpod wrote:i take a huge glass measuring cup of water and microwave for 6 minutes (or until boiling) and it steams all the crap off. Honest. works every time :)

Thank you - I did one for 8 minutes so far - and I'm about 1/3 of the way clean - but you are right it loosens it up!

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

4peasinourpod wrote:i take a huge glass measuring cup of water and microwave for 6 minutes (or until boiling) and it steams all the crap off. Honest. works every time :)

woman you are a life saver! I thought I'd be in there for the next hour - I'm done - and it was bad.

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

SWAY2865 wrote:

woman you are a life saver! I thought I'd be in there for the next hour - I'm done - and it was bad.
anything for you ;)
~pam~

Henu_Nea

Cherry Cola

Re: microwave cleaning recipe**I'm done it worked
Great tip! I'm SOO trying that!
ImageImage
Image Image

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

I didn't know that. I have been cleaning it the hard way all of these years. :winkb:
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

ohhh....and then i bought the microwave covers from a school fundraiser (think nene's son???) and they are a lifesaver! for the $15 or whatever, it really helps!
~pam~

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

I do the same thing... also here's another tip to give a little extra life to your kitchen sponges: put it in a glass bowl with a bunch of water and 1/4 ish cup of white vinegar and microwave it for a few minutes. Not only does the steaming clean the microwave but the vinegar sucks all the nasty stinkies out of the sponge. But be *careful* when you get that sponge out of the bowl because it will be scalding hot! I usually just put the bowl right in the sink and run cold water over the sponge until I can safely squeeze it out.

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

That's the method I use; my partner is bad about leaving it messy
Image Charlene

3 Pals

Cherry Bomb

The hot water thing works great if real bad I leave it in for a long time with a full - large measuring cup or bowl and a piece of lemon - smells good and the acid helps too just be careful taking it out :-D
ImageImage Image
Ann

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Great ideas!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

What a great idea!

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

ScrapGoo wrote:I do the same thing... also here's another tip to give a little extra life to your kitchen sponges: put it in a glass bowl with a bunch of water and 1/4 ish cup of white vinegar and microwave it for a few minutes. Not only does the steaming clean the microwave but the vinegar sucks all the nasty stinkies out of the sponge. But be *careful* when you get that sponge out of the bowl because it will be scalding hot! I usually just put the bowl right in the sink and run cold water over the sponge until I can safely squeeze it out.
Love this! Tottaly makes sense! Thanx!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Well I'm hitting myself over the head. I spent three years working has a chemist......hello Kim!!!

I need to clean the microwave right now!

Thank you so much for the tip! :inlove:

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Great question and great tips!

Christine

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

What a wonderful cleaning tip. I'm going to give that a try. Almost makes me want to stop and go clean the microwave right this minute. Well, maybe not.
Image ImageImage

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

My new microwave came with that tip in its booklet...boil water to loosen splatters. Glad I read it a few years ago, because it's saved time and bad language. :)

Lynda

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

I always put a wet dish cloth in the microwave and run it for 5 minutes. But I like the cup or water idea better. Cuz, I always have to wait to wipe it down cuz the rag is sooooooo hot. Great ideas ladies!
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee