Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

LuvUMore

Cherry Picker

Cutters/trimmers- would love your opinion!!
I'm thinking about getting a new trimmer and would love some opinion here.

Currently I use two, a small Fiskers one I use only for photos, however it can only accommodate up to 5x7 in size so when I print out a full sheet I have to trim it down before using my photo trimmer.

For my paper I use a Cricut trimmer and I SWEAR my blades get dull so fast these days!!! It's frustrating because I get that feathered look on some of my card stock paper. Sometimes it's a nice affect, but not always!

Anywho- I'm looking for some suggestions as to what manual trimmers you ladies use/recommend. I've been eyeballing the Purple Cow one with the interchangable deco blades but I've seen some conflicting reviews on that one. I have a ton of deco scissors which I rarely use as it is, but I don't cut nice straight lines with them :( I do love a deckle edge...

Anyway, thoughts, opinions? I'd love to hear them!!!
August Goal 1/10 layouts 9/20 cards
Mini Album for Mom

ImageImageImageImage Image

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

Re: Cutters/trimmers- would love your opinion!!
I have the Creative Memories Trimmers (The personal trimmer and the 12inch) and love both. But it seems that the blades on the 12inch is constantly going dull, so I seem to buy a replacement about every 5 or 6 months (less if I go to a retreat or a lot of crops).
Stacy

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

montana_girl wrote:I have the Creative Memories Trimmers (The personal trimmer and the 12inch) and love both. But it seems that the blades on the 12inch is constantly going dull, so I seem to buy a replacement about every 5 or 6 months (less if I go to a retreat or a lot of crops).

The Creative Memories Trimmers are definitely the best quality & always a straight cut. I have the original 12" with the individual small round blades & I haven't changed my blades so far. Montana_girl, do you have the new blue 12"? I also use the CM personal trimmer. Both are excellent tools.
ImageImage

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

SBcrazee wrote:The Creative Memories Trimmers are definitely the best quality & always a straight cut. I have the original 12" with the individual small round blades & I haven't changed my blades so far. Montana_girl, do you have the new blue 12"? I also use the CM personal trimmer. Both are excellent tools.

Yes, I have the new blue 12-inch, plus the blue wavy 12 inch cutter too. But I still have the orginal 12 inch cutter as well. I love the cutting system blades (the small round ones) because those blades last forever! I guess that's why I get annoyed with the new 12-inch... why can't they make the blades on trimmer as good as the cutting system blades?? :?
Stacy

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

I am a big fan of my Making Memories trimmer!

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

i have the friskars rotary style cutter. it's about 12 x6 inches. i LOVE it!!! there are interchangeable blades and i only have the change the blade once a year--if that. it cuts everything--i even cut ribbon with it! i think we paid about $30 with a 20% coupons at Micheals.
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

ScrapGoo wrote:I am a big fan of my Making Memories trimmer!
Which one is that?

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

emarie803 wrote:
Which one is that?

well, it is the heavy looking one that folds in half and is self sharpening... rotary. It is a bit bulky to carry around everywhere I suppose (though, I still do!) but cuts better than anything I've ever used and I never have to replace the blade.

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

ScrapGoo wrote:
emarie803 wrote:
Which one is that?

well, it is the heavy looking one that folds in half and is self sharpening... rotary. It is a bit bulky to carry around everywhere I suppose (though, I still do!) but cuts better than anything I've ever used and I never have to replace the blade.
Thanks! I'm eyeing that one and will probably buy one tommorow :-D

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm all for the "cleaver" type trimmers. Think guillatine for paper. Here's one I want, hopefully dh will get this for my bday in October! It's an X-acto Elmers lazer trimmer.
ok, I can't get the picture to post...here's a link.

http://www.instawares.com/12-laser-trim ... 34.0.7.htm

I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

mandee

Cherry Blossom

I too am a fan of the guillotine style. I have a big blue Fiskars one I got at M's for 40% off.

ImageImage

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

ScrapGoo wrote:
emarie803 wrote:
Which one is that?

I have that one but after a while the numbers rub off of it. It does cut nice, though.
ImageImageImageImage

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My favorite is my portable cutterbee trimmer. Its pink and fits in to go anywhere.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I have the Creative Memories 12x12 trimmer and the blade is absolutely wonderful!!! It lasts forever! I think it was $30. I did not have to replace my first blade for the longest time and I print ALL my own pics too! Then when I bought a replacement blade, there were two in the box and I think it was either $7 or $9. For me, its worth it. They also make a great curvy/wavy 12x12 trimmer with 2 types of waves on the same trimmer, also $30 and the blades are the same as the regular trimmer.
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

I have the Tonic Studios guillotine trimmer and I love it. I've had it for several years now and the blade is always sharp. It even cuts through cardboard!

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

me too :) i got it over 2 years ago to replace all the crappy plastic-y
fiskars trimmer that i used to have (i do keep one for the kids since
it isn't too sharp anyway -- for school use), but i love the MM paper
trimmer because it is self-sharpening, no blade replacement at all!!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrapsakes wrote:
me too :) i got it over 2 years ago to replace all the crappy plastic-y
fiskars trimmer that i used to have (i do keep one for the kids since
it isn't too sharp anyway -- for school use), but i love the MM paper
trimmer because it is self-sharpening, no blade replacement at all!!
Maybe I'll have to try mine again. I got this in January and thought I would like it, but really hated it. I went back to my plastic Fiskars one. I was going to sell my MM one, but maybe I'll give it another shot since everyone else seems to like it.

Janedee

Sweet Cherry Pie

I had a Making Memories trimmer and was pretty happy with it for about six months, but the numbers wore off and it stopped cutting straight somewhere along the line. I bought a guillotine style trimmer by Exacto at Staples and that's been pretty good. Can't say I'm still really happy with any trimmer though! :waiting:
Jane

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I have an old Cutterbee cutter. Still works good, so I'll keep it for a while yet.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

I personally like the CM trimmers and I LOVE their wavy trimmer!!!!
Image~Angie~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee