We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Avon
I am thinking of selling AVON.
Does anybody done this before? If yes, is it worth it??

Thank you
ImageDani

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Re: Avon
(((ding dong)))...Avon calling!

years ago..but I wasn't into it.

Christine

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

I did years ago, but I had a lot of customers (work in building with 400 people). However, it just got to be too much to keep up with so I quit. It all depends on what your marketing target will be; for example people you work with, people at church; and things like that. If you are't exposed to a lot of outside resources, then it wouldn't be worth it becaue you can't keep expecting family and friends to buy from you all the time. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Image ImageImage

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yeah I no. I believe now you have to purchase the books. I have to go online and check it out.
Thanks guys.
ImageDani

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

I love Avon but have never sold it.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

ImCanadian

Sweet Cherry Pie

I sold it and did ok with it. You have to buy everything now, bags, books all of it. The commission varies, per centage of sales, the more sales the higher commission. After a year you have to start all over again to make higher commission. With the economy the way it is, the gas and time it takes to deliver and pack your orders, it wasn't worth it for me. I wasn't doing it for the money, I was doing it to get out and meet people which I was successful at.

KBeachy

Cherry Bing

My mom's best friend does and she loves it! Plus, who doesn't love Avon - it's great quality and the price is great too!!!
Semper Fi

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've never sold Avon, but I did make one Avon lady very very happy for four months. We went through 4 very large bottles of Skin So Soft a Week.

On what you say?

Honest when I type this.................... A Pig!!!!!!

Lynn raised not only her rabbits as a sophomore SAE she also raised Faux Paux a Hampshire Gilt for Market Hogs at the Brazoria County Fair. That year she also did the Calf Scramble and we moved from rabbits and hogs to rabbits and cattle.

Skin so Soft is used in very large quantities as pigs skin is VERY VERY VERY VERY DRY!!!! Also good to keep flies and mosquitos away which Faux Paux dearly loved!

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I've never done it but I know several that have and they say it is alot of work. Also, they have opened an Avon retail store where I live which I think would hurt the independent sales persons business.
 Image ImageImage

luvbubbles2

Sweet Cherry Pie

I did...along time ago when my son was little. I made good money-but you have to be dedicated to making a go of it....

don't order too many books to pass out -- make up flyers -- it's cheaper!! My mom was also an Avon Mgr for 10 plus years,

so I know lots of tips/tricks! Send me a PM if you want some info!

~Sharron
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"
~Frank Sinatra

jazzyscrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We have an Avon store at the big mall by work. I haven't seen an Avon lady in years.
Terri

SheilaD

Cherry Berry

I've never sold it but the avon ladies in our area do very well.

lpap0807

Sweet Cherry Pie

Takes time to get a good following, but you can do well once you get a good customer list.
Have a blessed day!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee