We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Living in Egypt
Isn't that where de-Nile is? :winkb:

Nick leaves for college in two weeks and two days...I'm pretending it's the 3rd of May so I don't have to face it yet.

Bernadettte

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Living in Egypt
Oh no, it's that time again? :( I'm sorry you're feeling sad {{hugs}}, but hey look at the bright side at least Jess can keep an eye on him :winkb: You're always welcome to come and visit here, just to get over it ..... and I heard Africa is nicer than Egypt :winkb:

terri04

Cherry Bing

I feel your pain. scrap alot & relive the memories, it helps.

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

Tell him he has to email you often (and that doesn't mean once a month!).

I always feel sad when my DS goes to college and he is nearby; so I can't imagine what you are going through. We'll be here for you. Your DS will be fine and will have the experience of a lifetime. Make sure he sends lots of photos for you to scrap.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Nick is going to Egypt??? What's he studying???

I have a few more years, like 8, before I feel your pain...although...many times this summer, I wished it was sooner! LOL ...Just kidding! I know I'm going to have a hard time too when my ds goes off to college! (((HUGS))) Laura.

In a fun way...think of all the adventures he'll have and the vacation spot you'll have!!! :-D
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

((((Hugs)))) I am so sad for you! I know how much you are going to miss him when he leaves. I have no idea what I am going to do in 12 years. I think my reaction will be the exact same. You can come and hang out here at the tiki bar and get some sun. :-D
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Northern Brat wrote:Nick is going to Egypt??? What's he studying???

I have a few more years, like 8, before I feel your pain...although...many times this summer, I wished it was sooner! LOL ...Just kidding! I know I'm going to have a hard time too when my ds goes off to college! (((HUGS))) Laura.

In a fun way...think of all the adventures he'll have and the vacation spot you'll have!!! :-D

LOL Leslie...I meant I am living in denial! Nick's going to school at San Francisco State, where Jessica goes! He wants to go into nursing...we'll see if he can get the grades to get into the program. It's so competitive, he'll need at least a 3.8 GPA to get in! Jess promises that if she sees him step out of his dorm room, she'll shoo him back in to study, but if you know anything about my girl, you know she will be the one who's dragging him OUT of the dorm room for the "college experience"!

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

You are too funny Laura. There's so much to see in Egypt, I'd stay in de-Nile as long as I could :-D. Nick & Jess will be fine. You've raised them well.
ImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

My oldest son moved out 8 years ago - and I still miss him dearly. (((hugs)))
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

I guess it's different with girls. When my two went to college, I was so ready! The youngest got married the summer after her sophomore year, and except for a short three weeks a couple of years ago when they were house hunting after a move back from MI, she has not lived at home since. The older one on the other hand, is a different story. She is 26 now, and it wasn't until last summer that I was finally able to wave bye-bye for the last time, and only because I moved to a new city.

Don't get me wrong, I love my girls, but I was ready for them to grow up and be on their own! I think it must be a hormone thing.
Laurie

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

It is so hard to let them go!

ImageImageImageImageImage

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I totally feel you pain my DS is a sophmore this year and will be leaving In 3 short short years, and I know he will be fine Its me I worry about:(
ImageImage

Janedee

Sweet Cherry Pie

I totally feel for you Laura, but at least they are not too far away. Our oldest is now in New Zealand studying and we're finding that amount of distance a lot to deal with, even though she's 24 now!
Jane

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

(((((BIG HUGS))))) Maybe you should come visit me on your way to Beth's? :-D :winkb: We could hit up the wineries on the Western Slope

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

emarie803 wrote:(((((BIG HUGS))))) Maybe you should come visit me on your way to Beth's? :-D :winkb: We could hit up the wineries on the Western Slope

Wineries on the slopes? I will meet you there. :winkb: :winkb: :winkb: :winkb:
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

zanettac

Cherry Jubilee

((BIG HUGS))

Carol

megamay

Cherry Cola

letumom wrote:I guess it's different with girls. When my two went to college, I was so ready! The youngest got married the summer after her sophomore year, and except for a short three weeks a couple of years ago when they were house hunting after a move back from MI, she has not lived at home since. The older one on the other hand, is a different story. She is 26 now, and it wasn't until last summer that I was finally able to wave bye-bye for the last time, and only because I moved to a new city.

Don't get me wrong, I love my girls, but I was ready for them to grow up and be on their own! I think it must be a hormone thing.

bwhaha - sometimes Im ready for my DD to move out and shes only 3

seriously though, I remember how tough it was for me and my mom when I went to college, heck when I went to camp for the summer one year, but it got better.

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

I totally understand!

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

I totally understand!

Firegems

Sweet Cherry Pie

We are here to help you get thru it!! HUGGS