We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Sandi770

Cherry Blossom

GA School Shopping is CRAZY today!
We have a sales tax-free weekend here in GA right before school starts, and shopping is crazy! We live near a mall - and traffic is almost like Christmas time! Augh!! :?

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

Re: GA School Shopping is CRAZY today!
sounds like fun :winkb:
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

we have that too and i REFUSE to shop at all that weekend

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

mkcdaisy wrote:we have that too and i REFUSE to shop at all that weekend

ditto!!!

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Wow. Is it really that much savings? How much is your sales tax???
Becky

Image Image Image

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

We have it too in NY; but it is always the week before school starts and I liked doing my shopping about a month before. Don't have to worry about school shopping any more since DS is in college and clothes don't mean as much now (thank goodness!!).

It was about a 7-8 percent savings and stores would usually have great sales in conjunction with tax free week. I used to cross over to PA to clothes shop since they didn't have tax on clothes there.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Love bargains but hate crowds. I heard Weds. mornings have the lightest crowds in stores like WMart and at malls. I've been finding that true around me.

Lynda

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I'd have to want something really bad to fight the crowds. I don't think we have that in Michigan.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Saving on taxes sure helps when getting kids ready for school.

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

When it gets that crazy, I avoid going, even if I miss the bargains. That's why I do a lot of shopping online. Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to do school shopping any more. Them days are long gone for me!
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

wow, we should have that here.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Already? in MO, it doesn't start until Friday. If you're doing a lot of shopping 7 - 8 % helps alot. You can usually find some good bargains on kids clothes.
Image Image
RACHEL

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

AnnOminous wrote:
mkcdaisy wrote:we have that too and i REFUSE to shop at all that weekend

ditto!!!

Me three!!!! Hello it's only an 8.25% discount, give me a break! At any other time during the year, if you watch for the sales, you'll 10% or 15% or more in discounts.
Laurie

davsar

Cherry Cola

It most certainly was! I tried to find a regular "8" count box of crayons and had to go to three different stores. I ended up buying them for way to much at School Box. Thank goodness my ds is only going into kindergarten. I would hate to have to search for upper grade levels!
ImageImage

jody01

Sweet Cherry Pie

We have that too here In VA. I dont dare go shopping then its not worth it lol
ImageImage

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Or you could just pop over to DE, they have 0 sales tax on everything! :winkb:
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

OK does that too this weekend. Stay away from the mall. Actually our church had a clothes swap last night for school clothes. I thought that was a really good idea. Even if you don't have anything to bring you could still go.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee