We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

I feel violated.....and I did NOT enjoy it....UPDATED
Someone broke into my paypal account....Processed 3 transactions with my number....Luckily I logged in and saw it and a couple seconds later Paypal actually called me to question the activity....

Just wanted to let you know to be careful. I didn't think it would happen to me. :?

UPDATE*********************************

Apparently they tried logging into my account AGAIN but weren't successful. I should get my money back but it could take up to 45 days. Paypal is really quick and right on top of things. They caught the attempts and froze my account immediately. All of the people I spoke to on the phone were really helpful and knowledgeable.

I am so sorry to hear that it has happened to so many of you. It really is a shame and even if you are extremely careful, I am not sure that it can be prevented.

I am scanning my computer now to make sure that there isn't a virus. I would think if there was they would have been successful in getting into my paypal acct (they couldn't). What scares me so much is that they knew that the card was a paypal debit card and tried to log in to the paypal site. It has a regular visa or MC logo and to a faceless hacker, they shouldn't be able to tell (they would just get the number of the card.)

I did tell the guy at paypal to make sure and send whatever bad stuff was possible to the person who did it. I hope Karma finds them and bites them in the ....... :winkb:
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

MoochieMama

Cherry Bing

Re: I feel violated.....and I did NOT enjoy it....
OMG...So sorry to hear that but glad that you and Paypal caught it quickly. Do they know how they were able to get into your account? It really sucks that nothing is safe any more. :(
Michelle

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

OMGosh Beth....how scary!!!! Thank goodness you checked it and they thought it was suspicious. That happened to my Dad about 5 years ago, someone went in and did a $1300.00 transaction, thankfully Paypal was able to stop it. They are really good at fixing these things.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

allysonc

Cherry Cola

Wow Beth that is crazy. Glad it all got fixed.

Cimmy: WOWZERS.. Good that paypal takes care of there customers then!
Ally

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

so glad Paypal was keeping close check but sorry you had to go through it
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Amer. Express is good about fraud, too. Happened to me. Resolved quickly, but it feels icky.

Lynda

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

Good you noticed it and got it resolved right away. Paypal sure does keep on top of things.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

stop using DB as your password. I got you all figured out :winkb:

kidding....so sorry :(
~pam~

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Beth,
I'm very sorry that happpened to you. I can understand how you feel because my credit card was compromised the other day. It's very sad that people resort to those measures. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Retiree3:-D
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Beth-W

4peasinourpod wrote:stop using DB as your password. I got you all figured out :winkb:

kidding....so sorry :(

pahaha, at least that made me laugh. :winkb:
~Beth
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

ImageImage

ElsieB

Wild Cherry

I'm so sorry, Beth. It's horrible when those things happen! I'm glad PayPal was on top of it!
Elsie

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Wow, scary. glad you caught it right away!

bellaconsmom

Cherry Jubilee

I'm sorry Beth. That's scary when it happens, and glad to hear you caught it quickly!

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

how scary! Glad they caught it!
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I was violated tonight, and I did enjoy it. Yeah, I wish. Had a lovely first date with the Venezuelan doctor, we kissed, and then he says he has a girlfriend in Italy. And by the way, everyone knows Beth's password is "Leslieisawesome."
Leslie

Bernadettte

Sweet Cherry Pie

Oh no Beth, I am so sorry to hear that. {{hugs}}

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

lilkoala3 wrote:I was violated tonight, and I did enjoy it. Yeah, I wish. Had a lovely first date with the Venezuelan doctor, we kissed, and then he says he has a girlfriend in Italy. And by the way, everyone knows Beth's password is "Leslieisawesome."

The guy has great timing, huh?

thanks for the tip on Beth's new password, it used to be lauraisqueen

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

Oh no!! That is awful!

We had our credit/debit card used (for a week, racked up 1000 worth) a while back, and I remember it sucked... at least we got it all back asap.

Glad PP was able to stop it and you caught it early!
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

Beth-W

lilkoala3 wrote:I was violated tonight, and I did enjoy it. Yeah, I wish. Had a lovely first date with the Venezuelan doctor, we kissed, and then he says he has a girlfriend in Italy. And by the way, everyone knows Beth's password is "Leslieisawesome."

That's what you get for not saying yes to OWEN WILSON!!!!!!!!!!! :winkb:
~Beth

ImageImage

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Glad you and paypal found out fast.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee