Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

Mining tours
We are headed to Wyoming in a few days. The kids are obsessed with mining (thank you, Webkinz), so we would like to take a tour of a mine in southwest South Dakota, anywhere in Wyoming, or in northern Colorado. Has anyone taken a tour that they would recommend?
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Mining tours
Yes, the one here in Thompson! lol! I was a mile under the surface!!! It's a nickel mine.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

Well if you were headed to Southwest Virginia or Southern West Virginia I could tell you about two but....sorry I can't help.

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Yep. Thunder Basin Coal Mine in Gillette Wyoming has a good tour. I;ve been twice once with each DD's class. It is open pit so not scary at all.
Becky

Image Image Image

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

we did one in Colorado when I was in high school but I don't remeber what it was...I will tell you it was totally awesome!
Hope you find a great one and have fun!

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Ooohh, sounds like fun! Have a great time.

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

Dh is a coal miner here in east ky but i couldn't tell you anything about the mines out there

1grandma

Cherry Addict

A few years ago, we went on a mine tour in southern AZ. It was a copper mine and very close to the Mexican border. And it was real interesting, too.
Bibi

terri04

Cherry Bing

never been but it sounds fun

1LuckyMom

Sweet Cherry Pie

Ooooooh! Great idea! When I was in high school our family drove to Yellowstone and back (from Michigan) over the course of a month, and we toured two different mines on that trip. I can't remember exactly what mines we toured, honestly, but one was in South Dakota for sure. I know that's not a recommendation, but I did want to say - COOL! You'll have such a great time! And you know... maybe later today I can get out the old photo album and look up the names of the mines.... now that would be novel, eh? Actually using those old scrapbooks???

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee