Question of the day 5/13

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Question of the day 5/13

Post by Kimandasmo »

Have you ever been on tv?

I was originally going to say no...and then I remembered I was in the background of more than one newscast last year while the Rays were playing in some of their play-off games. Amanda( dd) actually got interviewed in one of them.
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Re: Question of the day 5/13

Post by SarahA »

I was on the news in 4th grade when they came to our school and interviewed kids buying things at Santa's Workshop for Christmas gifts. I looked like the biggest dork holding up cheap cologne and key chains I bought for my parents!
MiasMommy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 158

Post by MiasMommy »

no and dont care to be
Christina
bluetulip
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 2

Post by bluetulip »

Yes I have been. I won tickets to go to the taping one of the Jeff Foxworthy shows and my dad and I were up front so we were taped for the show's intro.
ImageImageImageImage
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Yes, Bay News 9 did a special on one of our Red Cross Volunteer events a few years ago and I was in the background line dancing. :bluelol: Once I was interviewed (while we were stuck in the Atlanta airport trying to get home after Hurricane Frances), but I don't think the interview made it on TV.
Cimorosete
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 233

Post by Cimorosete »

Nope.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage
scrapbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 51

Post by scrapbelle »

Nope, not me.
Image Image
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

Yes, when I was about 7 months pregnant and big as a house; I was interviewed on a local news channel for a program called "Action News For Kids"; they were doing a show about horses and I was very involved with Breyer collectable (plastic) horses at the time (showing, selling, etc).

At the time I was very shy and so it was quite the experience-not one I'd want to repeat again.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

Years ago when I was about 5 I was on the uncle al show.
ImageImage 

SG_Becky
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 18

Post by SG_Becky »

Yes. When I was about 18 I did this thing called the "Sports 5 Challenge with Art Neil". It actually took place at the McDonald's I worked at. The managers picked me to do it because I was the smallest one working there that day, lol. I had to race Art up the playland equipment. First one to make it around and then down the slide wins. I won, although I semi-attacked him to do it :-D. They played it on the news (Art was the sportscaster on TV5 at that time), and I won a gift certificate.
MarthaT
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by MarthaT »

Yes I have, at a baseball game :)
ImageImage
sylgise5
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 62

Post by sylgise5 »

Yes, When my dh was deployed during the Desert Storm, Desert Strike and there was another one but I can't remember the name. I started a group call MOMS which stood for Moms Offering Moms support. This was a group of mothers who had dh deployed. One of the members called the news station and wrote a letter. Next thing I know we have reporter and tv cam at the meeting.
Image Image
grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

Once, our town had a fires from a damged natural gas line. We had 90 homes burn to the ground.
The local tv station did an interview with dd and myself. It was a insane time.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

When I was young, yes. I was on the local news for winning an Irish Jig contest and my school walked in a St. Patrick's Day parade.
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

No.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 259

Post by JulianaM »

Not that I can ever recall.
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

Once (and that was enough). When we first moved to Fl, I taught scrap booking at Jo's and the ed director and I went on local morning show to promote Jo's classes of all kinds...scared the you know what out of me. Something about that being live and knowing lots of people are watching...just not for me!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

No, but not for lack of trying...
Leslie
BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 222

Post by BeatrizS »

One time i was interviewed during a parade I was on a float (the co. i worked for payed me to go on the float) for the Puerto Rican day parade (even though I'm not Puerto Rican) in Manhattan.
1LuckyMom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 155

Post by 1LuckyMom »

I've been on the news a few different times, just by coincidence or by being int he right place at the right (wrong?) time (I was interviewed briefly by the news when I happened to be at the Detroit Zoo after the Crocodile Hunter died), and I was also on TV quite a bit during football season when I was in the University of Michigan Marching Band (including once in the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl - yay!), and that is the full extent of my claim to fame.

Return to “General Talk”