Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Koiwey

Sweet Cherry Pie

Where did you go to school?
 I went to Russell Sage College for my MA Psychology and SUNY Albany  for my BA also in Psychology
Enjoy for we will never have this day again.
Koi

1LuckyMom

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Where did you go to school?
 I went to the University of Michigan and have a BS in Biology, a BGS in Evolution, and a BA in Behavior.  Then I went to Eastern Michigan Uniersity and am half way to my MA in history and education and a teaching certificate, but I quit to be a SAHM for a while :)

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

I'm 61 years old.  Married at 18 and went to business college. Back in my days, business college was an acceptable choice for a "woman".    From that time forward it's been the School of Hard Knocks (Learning through years of experience)   LOL   I do have a very good job though.  I'm an administrative assistant to the VP where I work.  In addition to that title, I also test new computer programs to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to do before we start running them live.  I feel my job has been rewarding over the last 35 years, but can't wait until retirement!  I know now days, young women are expected to go to college to even get their foot in the door to a good job opportunity.  I says "Go For It Girls" and good luck with your futures. 
Image ImageImage

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I went to Carroll College in Helena MT for 4 years and got a BA in Accounting with minors in Business Admin and Spanish.

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

B.S. in Advertising and B.S. in public relations from University of Texas
M.A. in Communication from University of Pennsylvania
And soon to be PhD from University of Pennsylvania
Leslie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Wow!  I am so impressed by all you accomplished ladies.  I have an AS RN from the local Jr College.  I love my job and have been blessed with the ability to support my family and take trips and enjoy life.  God is so good to me.
Bibi

TinaH

Sweet Cherry Pie

I went to California State University, San Bernardino and received a B.A. in Liberal Studies with a minor in Sociology.  I am currently 10 weeks away from earning my Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I went to a local college back in the 70's, SUNY Farmingdale, for Advertising Art and Design. At that time the school had only two year programs so my degree is an Associates Degree. Being that the program was only two years, I had hardly any core classes, they were almost all for my major... art, photography, page layout, calligraphy, illustration, graphic design, etc... which made me so happy because that is all I ever wanted to do. There weren't any computers then so everything we learned was done on paper with pencils and chalk and airbrushes and markers and we developed our pics in the darkroom. In the early 90's when computers took over the advertising design industry I got a Mac and a few programs and took the manuals and taught myself how to do it all on "virtual" paper lol. Been addicted to my Mac ever since!

ImageImage Image Image  

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

I married early and had 3 kids.  But when they all left home I went back to school in my mid-40's.
I have an AA in Language & Literature from American River community College in Sacramento
A BA in English from Calif State Univ Sacramento
and an MA in English-focus on the written word also from CSUS.

Didnt help me with my job (not a career, just a job I took when the kids needed college money)
But it was personally very satisfying to go to college and get those degrees. 

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

Fresno State, but only for a few years.  That is where I meet my wonderful hubby!  When I married him and moved around as a military wife I had planned to go back to school and ended up preggo instead.. opps lol.  But that's how I ended up deciding to become a photographer.
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

lilkoala3 wrote: B.S. in Advertising and B.S. in public relations from University of Texas
M.A. in Communication from University of Pennsylvania
And soon to be PhD from University of Pennsylvania

Gorgeous AND smart. You rock. Image
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

Ms Francis College of Cosmetology...lol

I don't have a big fancy degree like some of you but I am the reason lots of you business ladies look so fabulous. :winkb:
ImageImageImage

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

I attended Central Mo. State College (now University) where I got my teaching degree in English and History.  I was one class short of receiving my Masters in European Literature from Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Mo. when I filed for divorce and the money vanished from my savings account (hmmm , wonder who did that?).  I retired from teaching (and I coached cheerleaders)in 2000 and love what I do now:  garden, bike, kayak, scrap, teach a bit.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

bluetulip

Cherry Bomb

I went to University of Georgia for my first two years and then I transferred to the West Georgia College where I received a BA in secondary science education.  I'm currently in the process of applying to go for my masters.
ImageImageImageImage

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

:)

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

a local community college then University of Florida

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Community College of Vermont
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I never went to college. No one in my family ever went, until my niece who is in college right now. I have thought about going to college now and getting a degree in special education. But good grief I would be 50 before I was through. Then I wonder is it worth it? Sometimes I think it would be. I work with emotionally disturbed and autistic kids and I would love to be an autism consultant. It might happen one day, once the kids are grown and on their own.
***Tanya***

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

BA in Theatre Arts (concentration in Costume Design) from Mount Holyoke College. 

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

I received a BA in English from St. Bonaventure University.
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee