Your screen name

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Koiwey
Sweet Cherry Pie

Your screen name

Post by Koiwey »

This was inspired by debamas' post, Count Down!, when Janello asked her how she derived her screen name.
Mine is kind of a cute story, too.  I have babysat for my dearest cousin's daughters since infancy while he and his wife work and also on school & summer vacations.  The girls are now 12 & 14 years old. When they were small, they could not say my name, Carol so they pronounced it Cowey (they still call me that!).  Since building 2 koi ponds alone with my husband, I changed my screen name from Cowey to read, well, you guessed it- Koiwey. Doesn't sound quite as overweight does it???
So that's how I derived it. Hope it gave you a chuckle. How did yours come about?
Have fun scrapping today.
Koi
Enjoy for we will never have this day again.
Koi
bigsmartass
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 54

Re: Your screen name

Post by bigsmartass »

Cute!

I've been called a smartass for years growing up (especially by my parents lol!).  I wanted to use smartass as my login for somethin back in highschool, but it was taken, so bigsmartass it was.  My mom ended up using littlesmartass when she started going online, because I learned the art of being a smartass from both of them, so obviously I'm a bigger one :winkb:.
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

My real name is Julie but friends have been calling me Jules for eons (esp. since St. Elmo's Fire movie).  My honey calls me Jules but he spells it Jewels (gotta love that man!).  And, as far as I am concerned, we do live in Paradise! So that is how it came to be.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Got mine by living up in Canada and well, brat...hmmm....I have been known to be one every once in awhile therefore....Northern Brat
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 222

Post by BeatrizS »

mine screenname has no story behind it Beatriz is my first name  and S is the first letter of my last name!
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

combo of my kids names...and mom....nothing really special
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

My DH calls me Goo or Goob (short for Goober) 90% of the time and I added the scrap on for obvious reasons... plus it sounds like the mess I make when I am scrapping!
naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

Koiwey wrote: This was inspired by debamas' post, Count Down!, when Janello asked her how she derived her screen name.
Mine is kind of a cute story, too.  I have babysat for my dearest cousin's daughters since infancy while he and his wife work and also on school & summer vacations.  The girls are now 12 & 14 years old. When they were small, they could not say my name, Carol so they pronounced it Cowey (they still call me that!).  Since building 2 koi ponds alone with my husband, I changed my screen name from Cowey to read, well, you guessed it- Koiwey. Doesn't sound quite as overweight does it???
So that's how I derived it. Hope it gave you a chuckle. How did yours come about?
Have fun scrapping today.
Koi
My story is in part very similar to yours. I used to babysit my nieces as well and when they were small they had difficulty saying "Jane". My sister would call me "Janey" . The would pronouce it "Naney" and today they are 22 and 25 and still call me that! In fact, the rest of the family calls me that too! For my screen name I just tacked on my year of birth. :?
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

It bothered me how "Icanhaslongestusernameever" kept getting cut off on the mb, so I changed it to just my name. :-D
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

My name is Jody and a long, long time ago a friend of mine nicknamed my jodcold since my favorite wrestler was Stone Cold Steve Austin; I called him The Rock as that was his favorite wrestler.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Apparently I wear a lot of shirts with flowers on them, because when my first GD started talking, she named me Grandma Flowers and the name stuck with all my grandkids.  My name is Jan but when I came to ACOT every combination I could come up with for Jan was taken, so I resorted to Grandma Flowers.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Well, I am a grandmother, so since I am one person, I became 1grandma amongst amany.
Bibi
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

It came about here a long time ago.  I wanted to be a queen and since I'm older than many of the other posters, Mum came to mind.  
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

It's a pun.  Did you get it?? :winkb:
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

G- Gavin
R- Randy
A- Aliza
C- Candace
E- Ellie

and then our last name.
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I have used my screen name for many years, just different versions of it. Gonecamping4now is the most common. I use it because its what we love to do even though last year we did none of it! Its going to be different this year!
***Tanya***
asset
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 156

Post by asset »

My name backwards.
~Tessa

I'm not saying forget what you lost
I suppose there's a purpose in pain
What we make of ourselves has a cost
And it's paid every time we take hold of the reins
Monet06
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 2

Post by Monet06 »

Mine is my middle name with the month I was born in.
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

not to original here... My first and last initial and I live in Minnesota.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

GRACEpunches5 wrote: G- Gavin
R- Randy
A- Aliza
C- Candace
E- Ellie

and then our last name.
Well, how cool is that? Also, I thought the punches had something to do with paper punches,LOL, sorry.
Debbie

Return to “General Talk”