If you find any Asian baby or children scrap supplies... p

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Koiwey
Sweet Cherry Pie

If you find any Asian baby or children scrap supplies... p

Post by Koiwey »

please let me know. I am not having much luck.
Thanks so much.
Koiwey
Enjoy for we will never have this day again.
Koi
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Re: If you find any Asian baby or children scrap supplies... p

Post by debamas »

I wish I could help you, but I haven't noticed any either. I do see that most children scrap paper have animals, cartoon characters and such, not real children. I had looked for handicap children for my son, in wheelchairs, but am not successful either. So, I suppose we use our pics of our dear children, and let them shine on the page. However, I think it would be nice to have some special papers or embellishments to emphasize their beautiful uniqueness.
Will keep an eye out for you though! Good luck!
Debbie

Koiwey
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Koiwey »

Thank you, Debbie. There is a market for diversity out there. I hope companies like ACOT and designers think outside the box. It would be nice to have everyone find supplies that fit their loved ones and their lifestyles. I will keep my eye open for you, too.
Thanks, my friend. You and your loved ones be blessed.
Koi
Koi
RitaS
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 299

Post by RitaS »

Piggy Tales has a line called Mulan that has Asian writing characters and bamboo designs. I know there are some Asian photo type papers for travel sections - by CI I believe. I've seen stickers for China and Korea but not much else.  YEARS ago (5) I did find die cuts for little die cuts of Asian children and kids in wheelcheers - they were cute, but I cannot recall the mfr. at all - was a long time ago.I've used babelfish.com to have English translated into Korean and use those words in my scrapbooking, and on a new LO which I plan to share soon, I drew Asian characters, which I found on the net, and practiced doing first with a calligraphy tip, before drawing on my LO. Hope these ideas help! Oh...and seems I saw a new release featuring cherry blossom paper design...gosh, wish I could remember whom!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I have seen a digital kit with a wheelchair.  It was a medical themed kit for going to the doctor and recovering from accidents.
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

AnnOminous wrote: I have seen a digital kit with a wheelchair.  It was a medical themed kit for going to the doctor and recovering from accidents.
Thankyou, With that heads-up, I did a search in digi and found that kit. I might be able to use that for his hospital visits. I don't want to take away from Koi's post, but do appreciate it!

Koi, let's keep searching! I bet there is something. I wonder if there is some clip art or digi that might have what you need.
Debbie

dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

I have some! I will look in my stash tomorrow for the name of the company and let you know. I have Chinese heritage and love Asian inspired papers.
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

Right off the top of my head I can tell you Die Cuts with a view (DCWV) has a line called Far East that is quite beautiful. Basic Grey's Urband Couture has a hint of Asian flair.
 Two Japanese lines I love are KodomInc.com and doveoftheeast.com Japan Journey (they have a few different countries lines).
OrianaVianey
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 71

Post by OrianaVianey »

I have a gazillion digital kits with that theme... if you are interested let me know and I'll point you in the right direction
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper

Post by dianagirly »

I know you are looking for some kid friendly designs and Prima has some adorable Panda stickers as well as their pretty Tea & Silk collection.
Koiwey
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Koiwey »

Debamas- I don't mind sharing. It feels so good inside to know how much others care about us and want to help and share.
Dianagirly- thank you so much for sending me that inspiring site. You are so right- they are absolutley beautiful. My style, like yours,  is also elegant- my greatest hero is Anna Griffen. I aspire to her. I love to go the extra mile to make my pages a cut above. Some of these pagesreally made me smile! 

My thought was that when my grandchild to be looks through his or her albums one day, that they would love to see children of color. I think the Disney, "It's A Smalll World" will have to suffice for the time being. Hopefully, in time diversity will insprire the degisner gods that be!

You are most kind to go this extra mile for me. Thank you once again.

Thank all of you for your help. Have a wonderful day today.
Koi
Koi
RitaS
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 299

Post by RitaS »

As I was looking through stuff this weekend I noted a pretty Asian floral PP by A2Z essentials. Also, in my ACOT gallery I just shared a LO called Omma and Ttal - which is Korean for mother and daughter. You can use sites like www.babelfish.com to get translations from the country you are interested in - and come up with creative ways to incorporate the words into your pages. When I googled for "mother and daughter" in Korean Hangul language Iw as fortunate enough to also get a link for Korean characters...which I practiced drawing and used in my LO. This is one way to come up with our own Asian accents without having to search much beyond google.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I just spotted some Asian girls over at commercial-use.com.  Here are the links:

http://www.commercial-use.com/shop/inde ... s_id=10041

http://www.commercial-use.com/shop/inde ... s_id=10042

They are currently on sale for $2.79 each.  There are others in this series, including Indian (Hindu) and two of the American Cuties include what looks to be an African-American.
BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 222

Post by BeatrizS »

i did a google search and this is the site i came up with:

china scrapbooking

LIfes journey Scrapbooking

They have alot of asian inspired paper and stickers and stuff.. i have never purchased anything from this site but i guess its worth a try!!!

my Niece and Nephew are both 1/2 asian 1/2 cuban american and really never bothered to look for asian inspired stuff.

Return to “General Talk”