Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

can't.....get....motivated
 I NEED to start getting my photos off the computer, uploaded and have prints made. There are so many stinking pics on my computer and they all need some editing, even if it's just to sharpen them.

The fact that there are so many is keeping me from getting started, kwim? I know it's going to take a loooong time to get them all done and I can't seem to get my rear in gear and get going.

Just wanted to whine. :p

But since I'm here, anyone have a photo album they LOVE? I'm looking at one from Kolo that seems pretty good. Holds 200 photos and it's a nice size (about 8x9). Got any recommendations for me?
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

terri04

Cherry Bing

Re: can't.....get....motivated
 I finally just uploaded my prints to Walmart, not edited.  When I have time, I have other things I would rather be doing.  right there with you!

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself to get started. Start small, like "I'll fix and print November's pictures" instead of thinking of allllllll those pictures that need editing.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I was thinking that too. I have my photos sorted by subject, so if open up like Bobby's folder there's 442 pics there. :waiting: The only ones I have by date are my Xmas photos, I have one folder for each year. I have to figure out a way to break it down so it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Even if I just get them uploaded I could feel like I accomplished something. I don't want to order until I have a bunch done since I don't want to pay shipping a bunch of times. I'm not real happy with the photo printing locally, so I'm going to order over the internet.

Ironically I'm still playing here instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing. :winkb: LOL!

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

I'm no help - just wanted you to know that I love the new avatar!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Janshotgun wrote: I'm no help - just wanted you to know that I love the new avatar!

Thanks!! I like her too. :inlove:

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

What if you make a goal to get 10 done a day.  Then it doesn't seem quite so overwhelming.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm in love with your blog blinkie/girl she is adorable! and your blog looks great to match!

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

milmomma wrote: I'm in love with your blog blinkie/girl she is adorable! and your blog looks great to match!
Thanks! I like how it turned out too. See all the stuff I'm doing instead? LOL! :)

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

I have the same prob!!!  Maybe not quite so many pics, tho.  LOL

justred2u

Cherry Picker

baltoscrapper wrote: I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself to get started. Start small, like "I'll fix and print November's pictures" instead of thinking of allllllll those pictures that need editing.
This is sooo my problem too, so I really appreciate the advice of "starting small".  I know that sounds lame but I just can get overwhelmed when I fall behind.
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

Ugh...I have no motivation to do anything either.  Let's eat chocolate cake instead :-D
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"

Midge

Cherry Cropper

I love the avatar and blog link/bloggie goodness that you have.

I also go for start small. Are you going to do all of them? Could you just do your favorites to lessen the amount of work? That way you'd have the faves done and then, if you feel like it, you could go back and do the others.
Dawn

April layouts: 0/10

March cards: 4/4
March layouts: 10/10

On a no-buy - 19/100 layouts completed before I can buy. Don't show me the goodies!

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

FurBaby_Mom wrote: Ugh...I have no motivation to do anything either.  Let's eat chocolate cake instead :-D

OK! I'm all about that idea! mmmmmm cake. :inlove:

Midge wrote:I love the avatar and blog link/bloggie goodness that you have.

I also go for start small. Are you going to do all of them? Could you just do your favorites to lessen the amount of work? That way you'd have the faves done and then, if you feel like it, you could go back and do the others.

Thanks!  :-D

I have a lot that are virtually the same (I take a lot of the same shot because I don't have a very steady hand with the camera), so looking at them, there are a bunch I won't have to print since they are so alike. That helps.

If I could get this Batch Editor to work in PSE it would sure make my life easier! I had to put a support ticket into Adobe because for some reason, everytime I try to use it, it crashes PSE. :x

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

I have the same problem. I finally uploaded a whole bunch onto disks and sat at Walgreens for an hour or two each day that I took Makenna to preschool. I have printed about 500 pics in the last 2 weeks and have at least that many more to go. But, I had to go thru about 2000 pics to get those 500 that I wanted. You will get it done.
;)
ImageImageImage

1ScrapHappyMom

Cherry Tart

I'm so not motivated either!  Havent been for a while. :waiting:

Just remember to back up uour photos! I didnt, and our last computer died and took the photos with it! :x
Arden

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

no recco's but I am like you BUT I do not have the skillz you have in the digi dept so I do not edit as well...
Image \ ImageImage

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I got some great albums on clearance at target. I have to get a bunch of photos printed. Trying to get them ordered before I go on vacation and take a ton more.

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Janshotgun wrote: I'm no help - just wanted you to know that I love the new avatar!
Me too! Me too!
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

ctaylor0312

Cherry Bing

You make feel right at home with the whine.  LOL!  I have a 9 yo whiner - he's lucky he made it to 9!  LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee