We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

DisneyInsider

Sweet Cherry Pie

How many scrap friends do you have?
 I have been having a pity party lately because I don't have any friends to scrap with. I would love to have some friends that share the same love for scrapping as I do.  All my friends say "I don't have the time" or that they "aren't creative enough." Anyone else in the same boat?

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: How many scrap friends do you have?
 Yes! I have one friend at work who scraps, but she hasn't done it in so long I tell her she's not a scrapper, just a supply collector!

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Yeah, I am.  I think it would be fun to go to crops and have friends over to crop, but mine just aren't interested.  Can't even get my daughters interested.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

I have three that I try to scrap with.  Try is the word - our schedules don't work together very often.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

montana_girl

Cherry Bomb

I have MADE scrappy friends but I don't have a lot friends who scrapbook.  Through craftyfool, I had made a ton of scrappy friends at crops and retreats.  I attend a crop once a month so I often get to scrap with people who share my love of scrapping... and I'm getting DIL into it too!  :-D

And, of course, all the lovely ladies here at ACOT! 
Stacy

beachlover

Cherry Addict

yes!  yes!  yes!  my sisters and my mother used to scrap also but they keep saying they are too busy!  my mom and my one sister work part time, my other sister isn't working at all right now (granted she did have her youngest child home until this fall's school year started).  Me?  I work two jobs and still find the time.  Why????  Because I truly enjoy it, so I make the time!   All they make is excuses :winkb: 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

ME!!!!!!!!!!-- I have no "real life" friends that I scrap with but that is okay because I have all of my great friends here.
I found I actually scrap better alone anyway........

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Surprisingly I have quite a few. I'd say about 12 in CO and a couple in FL. I do love having people I can call and go crop with, although, I TOTALLY get less stuff done when there are people around. I tend to talk to much. :winkb: :-D :-D :-D
SUS ImageImageImage

anazelia

Cherry Cola

In real life, none.  Or very few.   But I still go to crops and things in the hopes of making friends who share my passion.

bellaconsmom

Cherry Jubilee

If only Tania and I can get our schedules together. :winkb:

I used to scrap with a SIL in her group, but I don't get as much done.

jiffy

Cherry Picker

I am so lucky to have five dear friends who love to scrap.   We get together at my place each Tues eve for a scrap session.     (I love to get together time; but for quality/quanity of work:   I find I work better on my own.)
'Beautiful memories tell our story, and wrap themselves in ribbons of the heart.' Flavia

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Cec is my only scrap friend.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

Cimorosete

Chocolate Covered Cherry

NO.... :(..You ladies are my only scrappy friends. :-D I wish I could get my sister , daughter or DIL interested enough.
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm a military wife so I have to make new friends every few years... if not every few months lol.

When I first moved here and got unpacked I decided I needed to get back to scrapbooking and maybe meet some friends there as well.. so I joined a scrapbooking group (on myspace).  Ended up doing a photoshoot (I'm a photographer) for the main person, then went to her crops, then became friends.  Eventually we were talking and thought back and realized we meet on myspace! 

Okay, that's my crazy story.. to answer your question right now I know several people who scrapbook (although half mostly collect), a few diehard scrapbookers, and some people who want to/used to but don't really.

If you want to have scrapbooking friends, go meet some!  Join some local groups (search yahoo groups, meetup.com, yuku.com, ning.com, etc) or go to crops at your local scrapbooking store. 

I just wish I had more space here to scrap so I could have people over!!  I don't want to lug all my junk someplace else... and the countertops are barely enough room for me :winkb:
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I have one friend here (well, 35 miles away in town) who scraps - but she's decided to only scrap at crops, which she goes to frequently. I don't go to crops - too much stuff to pack up and unpack, then do it in reverse.  We only scrapped together once, darn it.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I'm in the same boat I don't have any scrappy friends. When I go to crops I go by myself.
ImageImage 

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I have one scrappy friend, and lots of fakers!  They say they scrapbook, but i have never seen them do it!  They are never at any of the crops, always say they are busy when i invite them to one, but they somehow find the time to come to Bunco and drink wine! hmmmm?!

bigsmartass

Sweet Cherry Pie

scraptag wrote: I have one scrappy friend, and lots of fakers!  They say they scrapbook, but i have never seen them do it!  They are never at any of the crops, always say they are busy when i invite them to one, but they somehow find the time to come to Bunco and drink wine! hmmmm?!
Maybe you need to have wine at the crops???  :winkb: 
Image Laurie, aka Image Image

If you can't convince them, confuse them

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

i used to be like that, until some girls from the board wanted to do a get together so now they are who i scrapbook with if i go out of my house,  so i have 4 girls i scrapbook with.
Wendy.....love my puppies!!!!!
I made the President's list..wahooo!!!!

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

yep, totally have the same prob......I only have one friend who scraps who lives nearby and that is in the next town!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee